Hitec RDX1 Mini AC Balance Charger

Hitec adds a new charger their RDX1 charger line. The name alone sounds cool, just say it out loud right now. RDX1. See, sounds cool.

Splash

New AC Charger from Hitec

Hitec adds a new charger their RDX1 charger line. The name alone sounds cool, just say it out loud right now. RDX1. See, sounds cool. It's also packed with nice features and has a very affordable price tag. Here's more from Hitec.

"Expanding on the popularity and superior performance of our RDX1 charger line, we are proud to introduce the AC input, micro processor RDX1 Mini. Hitec’s sleekly-designed, compact AC charger packs 65 watts of power into a fraction of the size of most chargers to meet your battery management requirements. It is compatible with a full range of the most popular battery types, including the new generation LiHV. With 6 amps of maximum charging current and 2 amps of discharging current, our RDX1 Mini is the next best way to stay charged with Hitec!"

Features:

• User-Friendly LCD Interface
  • Stores 10 Different Battery Memory Charge/Discharge Profiles
  • Terminal Voltage Control
  • Built-in Balance Connector (JST, XT)
  • Cell Balancing While Discharging
  • Balance, Standard, Fast and Storage Modes for All Lithium Battery Chemistries
  • Re-Peak Charge Mode and Delta-Peak Sensitivity for NiMH/NiCd Batteries
  • Optional Temperature Sensor for NiCd/NiMH Charging
  • Built-in XT60 Connector
  • Smart Ventilation Fan

Specifications:

• AC Input: 100-240 Volts AC
  • Charge Power: 65 Watts
  • Charge Current Range: 0.1 – 6.0 Amps
  • Discharge Power: 10 Watts
  • Discharge Current Range: 0.1 – 2.0 Amps
  • Current Drain for LiPo Balancing: 200mA per Cell
  • NiCd/NiMH Battery Cell Count: 6 - 8 Cells
  • LiPo/LiHV/LiFe/Lilon Cell Count: 2 - 4 Cells
  • Pb Battery Voltage: 6 - 12 Volts
  • Dimensions: 4.61 x 4.17 x 2.17 in. (117 x 106 x 55mm)
  • Weight: .69 lbs. (315g)
  • Price: $42.99

Check out the RDX1 Mini AC Charger Here

Sep 29, 2019, 02:02 PM
3 Blades is Better Than 2!
Looks like a great little charger for single battery packs. Not sure why they don't advertise this but these Hitec chargers have the ability to check the IR values of the battery, both individual cells and total cells. I have a X2 AC Black Edition that I didnt know had this feature and it has been very useful on determining when to retire old battery packs.

Definitely will pick this one up, too

Kman
Sep 29, 2019, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman24
Looks like a great little charger for single battery packs. Not sure why they don't advertise this but these Hitec chargers have the ability to check the IR values of the battery, both individual cells and total cells. I have a X2 AC Black Edition that I didnt know had this feature and it has been very useful on determining when to retire old battery packs.

Definitely will pick this one up, too

Kman
I also have the RDX1, and use it on my workbenches for A123's.

Quick Reply