This thread is privately moderated by Curtis Suter, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 18, 2019, 08:37 AM
Trader Rating: 39
Red Merle SJ VIII
Thread OP
$55.00 USD
Seller Pays Shipping
Sold

Xplorer Ballast

I'm selling Xplorer/Pike Perfect ballast that I purchased used but never used.
Brass and aluminum. Each brass slug is 4.0oz and each aluminum one is 1.25oz allowing you to mix and match to whatever weight you desire.
Diameter is 36/64" or 9/16" or 14.2875mm

I'll pay the shipping via USPS Priority Mail to the USA.
PayPal preferred.

Thanks
Curtis
Montana

PS Sells here new for: https://www.soaringusa.com/Xplorer-P...llast-Kit.html
Last edited by Curtis Suter; Sep 18, 2019 at 09:18 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 18, 2019, 12:27 PM
Trader Rating: 4
e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
That's not just for Xplorers and Pike Perfects, I use that same kit in my Shadow 2. I'll bet it can be used in almost any F3J sailplane.

By the way, I attach a selection of miscellaneous hardware to the last slug so that the assembly balances right in the middle of the center section, keeping the CG constant with all of the symmetrical combinations on your list. (I have a list just like yours.)

Hope this helps you find a buyer, but if you don't want this post here then I'll understand if you delete it.
Sep 18, 2019, 01:00 PM
Red Merle SJ VIII
Thread OP
Miami Mike thanks for doing this! Very much appreciated.
Curtis
Sep 18, 2019, 02:01 PM
Trader Rating: 15
There's Something in the Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Mike
That's not just for Xplorers and Pike Perfects, ...
I use a set just like this in my Maxa. it is a versatile set of ballast.

I'm also building a tube for this type of ballast for my Nostalgia sailplane for those rare days at the NATS when the wind trickles in

Again: If an unwanted post, feel free to delete. Just trying to help the sale along.

John
Sep 21, 2019, 08:47 AM
Red Merle SJ VIII
Thread OP
Thanks everyone, this has sold.
Curtis

Quick Reply