Sep 25, 2019, 12:45 PM
JohnVHRC
So cool! I really want a skyraider, I wish it was 3s 2200 size with retracts though. We have a local one Id love to model one after someday.
Latest blog entry: XK450 Maiden flight!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 25, 2019, 03:47 PM
Grumpa Tom
1400-1600 mm with flaps, retracts, and droppable bombs would be wicked!
Sep 25, 2019, 11:46 PM
Acft Attn Deficit Disorder
HSD made a 1600mm 6S Skyraider for a while. They crop up for sale on Ebay once in a while. And other china based vendors. I have one and it is a beauty. HSD 1.6m Skyraider
Latest blog entry: From the CC Paint Shop
Sep 26, 2019, 12:22 AM
Grumpa Tom
Oh man! That is it!! Sweet!
Sep 28, 2019, 12:08 PM
I'm having a very hard time not going ahead and ordering a second one of these.
Sep 29, 2019, 10:27 PM
Aircraft Designer Guy
Having trouble getting my stabilization unit to work. Using a 6ch Spektrum RX, with the Fmode channel plugged into CH5, ATV set at 100%. I get the controls surfaces to move on startup, and will respond to stick commands, but I'm not getting any gyro response in either switch position. Tried advancing the throttle, but no difference. Any ideas?

-A
Latest blog entry: Star Wars A-Wing Submarine
Sep 29, 2019, 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJWoods
Having trouble getting my stabilization unit to work. Using a 6ch Spektrum RX, with the Fmode channel plugged into CH5, ATV set at 100%. I get the controls surfaces to move on startup, and will respond to stick commands, but I'm not getting any gyro response in either switch position. Tried advancing the throttle, but no difference. Any ideas?

-A
Did you enable the gear channel on your radio? I didn't have to do anything but plug in the wires on mine for it to work but I did use an Orange receiver instead of a Spektrum on my plane. I went ahead and pulled the plug on a second backup and hopefully it will do the same as the first. My settings up 100 and down 40
Last edited by tnriverluver; Sep 29, 2019 at 11:10 PM.
Sep 29, 2019, 11:48 PM
Aircraft Designer Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnriverluver
Did you enable the gear channel on your radio? I didn't have to do anything but plug in the wires on mine for it to work but I did use an Orange receiver instead of a Spektrum on my plane. I went ahead and pulled the plug on a second backup and hopefully it will do the same as the first. My settings up 100 and down 40
Thanks! Figured it out. I just wasn't going to high enough throttle, needed to go above my usual idle to get things reacting. For reference, blinking on the flight controller is Advanced mode, and solid is beginner.

-A
Sep 30, 2019, 11:30 AM
Aircraft Designer Guy
Got a couple flights in this morning. Awesome little airplane!
Sep 30, 2019, 12:13 PM
Acft Attn Deficit Disorder
I want to get one to go with my 1600mm Skyraider, but I already got 2 new planes this week. I will be pushing my luck with the boss lady if I go for another.
Latest blog entry: From the CC Paint Shop
Sep 30, 2019, 06:34 PM
These are a really good deal. I've found the blue ones floating around on other sites for $70ish but they don't have the Orx and by the time you add in shipping they are more expensive than these.
Sep 30, 2019, 07:11 PM
Just here for the fun
I got one of these last week, ordered Tuesday and arrived Friday. It helps living less than 50 miles from the US warehouse.
Got it assembled pretty quickly although it did take me a few minutes to figure out how to get the prop off. I am not used to the prop having a 3mm nylock and a regular nut in back of the prop, I had to hold the adapter and spin the prop off.
It has a red JST connector on the esc and my batteries have an XT30 so I had to make an adapter for now. I have 3s 850 zippy compact batteries and have to push them all the way forward to get the balance right.
Oct 04, 2019, 01:45 PM
Backup Skyraider arrived today as well as some spare props and other parts arriving from China yesterday. Was kinda shocked I had to sign for a $25 box of parts that arrived USPS!
Oct 05, 2019, 12:24 AM
Grumpa Tom
Cool.

Yeah, most packages/letters from mainland China are sent registered, so you gotta sign. Even if it's a $1 item.
Oct 05, 2019, 02:22 PM
If you think one plane is packed well you should get two at one time!!! Huge box absolutely full of the big bubble stuff plus paper! I'm using the bubble stuff to stuff a Halloween costume to make a flying Batman for my grandsons with one of my multirotors lol. This is just a quick test to see how my idea is going to work, not the final product but it weighs less than 1/2 a pound. Yeah Batman's going to learn to fly!!!! LMAO

Quick Reply