Sep 21, 2019, 10:36 AM
ɹǝʎןℲ ǝıssn∀
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnriverluver
Info on the prop please! I don't see my four blades lasting long. And I would prefer to do a few belly landings at first.
Seriously??
Iím on my phone and can see the details plain as day!!
Latest blog entry: Compulsory Reading!!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 21, 2019, 10:42 AM
ɹǝʎןℲ ǝıssn∀
And FYI, you can use the standard prop with just 2 blades.
As the props are individual blades.
Slightly more efficient and no noticeable difference in performance!
We did the same thing with the durafly skyraider and other forbladed planes. If you broke one blade off in an accident, you could just break of the opposite blade and fly it. Great for getting it straight back in the air if you had no spares with you!!
Durafly Skyraider (4 min 12 sec)

LURCH
Last edited by taz101; Sep 21, 2019 at 10:48 AM.
Sep 21, 2019, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by taz101
Seriously??
Iím on my phone and can see the details plain as day!!
OK thanks. I didn't think to save the images to my computer and try blowing them up since most aren't clear enough to see those small details. I think I have some of those!
Sep 21, 2019, 01:14 PM
Itís an 8x6 E APC prop with simple prop saver. Lasts forever! And gives almost unlimited vertical on 3S
Sep 21, 2019, 04:49 PM
Grumpa Tom
Mine arrived today. Wow, it is beautiful. The finish and graphics are superb. Would make an awesome display model in its own right. Being RC is icing on the cake!
Sep 21, 2019, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmot
Mine arrived today. Wow, it is beautiful. The finish and graphics are superb. Would make an awesome display model in its own right. Being RC is icing on the cake!
Sweet!!!! Anxiously waiting for mine. HK tracking isn't working for me but hopefully one day this coming week. Looking closely at the way it's packed I hope mine arrives in one piece. I ordered a spare XK A600 that arrive last week broken in a crushed box and foam that looks much much sturdier than that one.
Sep 21, 2019, 10:10 PM
Grumpa Tom
That sux! Well, this was in a box with lots of those air bags. The model itself is very tightly packed in foam cradles and those are taped down securely. Nothing inside the box can move except the bombs and they are contained in their own compartments. You should get yours safely.
Sep 22, 2019, 10:29 PM
Grumpa Tom
The packing foam sections have super strong double sided tape holding them together. I have pretty strong hands and wow, it was tough pulling it apart!

I coated my Skyraider with Minwax semi-gloss polycrylic after putting the panel line creases in the various sticker graphics. Since this is a model of a civilian Skyraider that hits the airshow circuit I figured it should have a little more shine than just dull coat.

The gyro works pretty good. It is switchable between beginner/advanced. I set mine up on a switch. In the advanced mode it is a stabilizer, counteracting sudden forces such as gusty wind. In the beginner mode it holds full aileron until the plane goes upright again.

There are a few spelling errors in the signage on the plane, lol.

The rockets are supposed to be handed, left and right. All 12 of mine are "L" handed. But I recommend sanding the bases flat anyway as there is a ridge that will stop them from being fully seated. The large tanks or bombs, not sure what they are supposed to be, are handed correctly at L and R.

Although the prop is pre-installed at the factory for us, I recommend removing it while setting up the plane. Don't ask why.

Oh, and put some clear tape at the rear of the battery hatch because the magnet on that sucker is strong!

I painted the ailerons servos and wires to hide them and blend them in a bit.

My ordnance glue is curing. This plane is small but it sure is good looking. Can't wait to see it in the sunlight tomorrow.
Sep 23, 2019, 07:08 AM
Ha, the spelling errors are classic!

So the bombs, rockets, and fuel tank are glued on? Wondering how well they will work for belly landings in the grass. A club member has an old E-Flite Sea Fury with glued rockets and after years of landing in the grass, one finally fell off this summer. It was easy to find in the grass and stick back on.
Sep 23, 2019, 03:48 PM
They really did a great job of capturing the important details of this plane compared to the real thing. Mine should be here Weds according to tracking. I would love a complete set of these birds although the Zero seems to be a bit of a handful about like the real ones were.

Douglas AD-4N Skyraider - take off, display and landing - Hahnweide 2016 (12 min 52 sec)
Sep 23, 2019, 04:46 PM
Grumpa Tom
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRGT350
Ha, the spelling errors are classic!

So the bombs, rockets, and fuel tank are glued on? Wondering how well they will work for belly landings in the grass. A club member has an old E-Flite Sea Fury with glued rockets and after years of landing in the grass, one finally fell off this summer. It was easy to find in the grass and stick back on.
I fly from an asphalt model field (Apollo XI) so I will not be belly landing it. And as far as I know, all parks in LA are off limits to anything that flies anyway. I started getting kicked out of them years ago. This is just one of the numerous downsides to living in this metropolis.
Sep 24, 2019, 07:18 AM
I don't fly at parks anymore as they are full of people, dogs, soccer fences, and other hazards. The flying club I belong to has grass runways, so pretty much all of my planes are belly landers. Only my Timber, Cherokee, and big B-17's can handle the grass. Everything else noses over, so they are hand launch and belly land only. I wish we had a paved runway.
Sep 24, 2019, 01:35 PM
Wow this thing was packed crazy good!!! You guys weren't kidding.
Sep 25, 2019, 01:18 AM
Grumpa Tom
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnriverluver
Wow this thing was packed crazy good!!! You guys weren't kidding.
Yeah, ya almost wonder if you can get it out without dinging it!
Sep 25, 2019, 09:35 AM
Bound mine to an old ORX 7 receiver that I have several of after switching to 8 channel on some of my larger multirotors several years back. Bound it using my setup from the UMX Cessna 182
and was thrilled to find everything works perfectly and the beginner mode works just like the EFlite beginner mode with auto leveling and pitch control on my gear switch on a DX6I. Not sure how long it will be before I actually assemble and maiden this thing but it should be a great flyer on 2s or 3s. For powering up I plugged in a little 300mah 2s and decided to give full throttle on that little battery and the plane has a lot of thrust! At least for a few seconds lol.

Quick Reply