Jan 19, 2020, 06:01 AM
It's such a shame to see these little beautys fall apart slowly, these are almost too good to fly, lam pritty sure after the first crash i will get over it
to remove ads between posts
Jan 19, 2020, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by F4fwildcat123
It's such a shame to see these little beautys fall apart slowly, these are almost too good to fly, lam pritty sure after the first crash i will get over it

Yes, this Skyraider is so beautiful :-)

what do you mean " Fall apart slowly "
?????

Jan 19, 2020, 12:31 PM
Quote:
These planes are surprisingly resilient to crashes. I only destroyed my first one by flying full speed into an iron beam destroying the nose and motor mount and much of the fuselage with no good way to repair it. The rest was all still in tact after a very hard impact. I was able to salvage EVERYTHING except the fuselage itself for spare parts for my other Skyraiders or other planes.
Last edited by tnriverluver; Jan 19, 2020 at 12:36 PM.
Jan 19, 2020, 12:39 PM
Watched a bit of a documentary on Skyraiders on YT today. They showed a bunch in dark blue - good look for them...

(This is a different one... Not sure if they show the blue ones...)

Great Planes Series 1 - A 1 Skyraider Documentary HD 1 of 17 (43 min 43 sec)
Jan 19, 2020, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Watched a bit of a documentary on Skyraiders on YT today. They showed a bunch in dark blue - good look for them...

(This is a different one... Not sure if they show the blue ones...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXwp8A9zj88
Banana Hobby had or still has the dark blue in stock. They are the same plane but do not have the Stabilizer that the HK ones do.
Jan 19, 2020, 01:50 PM
Hi flylow, l was referring to when you first get these models, they look so good when you first put them together, especially this one. But after a few weeks or months they start to look a bit battered, but they still look great in the air. It's good to hear that these planes are pritty though, they will need to be if lam flying it
Jan 19, 2020, 04:00 PM
Hi just a quick one, when l put the 8x6 apc prop on, which is best , thin or thick. Plus what is the largest lipo, I can use. Thanks mike
Jan 19, 2020, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Hi just a quick one, when l put the 8x6 apc prop on, which is best , thin or thick. Plus what is the largest lipo, I can use. Thanks mike
A 3s 2200 fits perfect but I wouldn't recommend it unless you're a really good pilot. 2s 1300 or 3s 850 is the recommended battery, Don't think it will make much difference on props with this low kv motor. I didn't even look or know if I have thick or thin.
Jan 20, 2020, 03:39 AM
Quote:

I am using APC 8x6 E with 3s 1600, 120gr.
belly landing, no gears. Might change to
8x4 E in the future .

Jan 20, 2020, 10:22 AM
Hi thanks for the replys. Flylow when you say you are belly landing. Do you have all the bombs glued on, and if you are bo they stay on. Thanks mike
Jan 20, 2020, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Hi thanks for the replys. Flylow when you say you are belly landing. Do you have all the bombs glued on, and if you are bo they stay on. Thanks mike
Do not attach bombs for a belly lander!
Jan 22, 2020, 02:29 PM
Hi thanks for the enfo, what expo if any are you using, my transmitter is a dx6i. I now there's a beginner setting and a professional setting, on the gear switch. I was just wondering if, l need to tone it down a bit.. Any help would be much appreciated thanks mike
Jan 22, 2020, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Hi thanks for the enfo, what expo if any are you using, my transmitter is a dx6i. I now there's a beginner setting and a professional setting, on the gear switch. I was just wondering if, l need to tone it down a bit.. Any help would be much appreciated thanks mike
When I originally got mine I had my rates set @ 75 with 30 expo. DX6i here also. I didnít realize that would make the plane even less responsive on the Safe setting. It made the plane nearly unable to turn. My rates are now 100% across the board with 30% expo still Itís working for me. This plane isnít as twitchy as soon others on full rates.
Feb 02, 2020, 01:07 PM
Hi thanks for the reply, I just did my first flight today. It flew ok no safe but as soon as I took safe of it took a nose dive. Not the best of landings, broken prop, was the only damage. I was just wondering if you could help, and just go through the settings you have on your dx6i, any information you can give me will be appreciated thanks. I fly my f4f wildcat quite often with no problem thanks
Feb 02, 2020, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Hi thanks for the reply, I just did my first flight today. It flew ok no safe but as soon as I took safe of it took a nose dive. Not the best of landings, broken prop, was the only damage. I was just wondering if you could help, and just go through the settings you have on your dx6i, any information you can give me will be appreciated thanks. I fly my f4f wildcat quite often with no problem thanks
This is about it. Rates same on or off safe. Needs full rudder at least in my tiny flying area. Iíve changed rates since last post and these work for me. You may want different.

Quick Reply