Jan 06, 2020, 08:01 AM
Warbirds Lover
Same thing here : 3S 800mAh.
Perfect for ballancing the plane (with landing gear )
to remove ads between posts
Jan 06, 2020, 06:29 PM
slats move, slots don't
Thread OP
H-King A-1 Skyraider 800mm (31.5") PnF w/ORX Flight Stabilizer Unboxing (18 min 13 sec)
Jan 06, 2020, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy852
Can't wait til Robert flies this thing. Been giving him a few tips on both YT and FB. Flew mine several flights this afternoon. love this little bird!
I just hope Capt Blaz can keep his camera zoomed and focused on this small plane.
Jan 07, 2020, 05:22 PM

here is the video of Robert " Patrick "

H-King A-1 Skyraider 800mm (31.5") PnF w/ORX Flight Stabilizer Unboxing (18 min 13 sec)
Jan 07, 2020, 05:46 PM
ɹǝʎןℲ ǝıssn∀
Quote:
Originally Posted by flylow2011
here is the video of Robert " Patrick "

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G44MlFGqi50
??
Did you happen to see the post just 2 before yours??
Latest blog entry: Compulsory Reading!!
Jan 09, 2020, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmot
The packing foam sections have super strong double sided tape holding them together. I have pretty strong hands and wow, it was tough pulling it apart!

I coated my Skyraider with Minwax semi-gloss polycrylic after putting the panel line creases in the various sticker graphics. Since this is a model of a civilian Skyraider that hits the airshow circuit I figured it should have a little more shine than just dull coat.

The gyro works pretty good. It is switchable between beginner/advanced. I set mine up on a switch. In the advanced mode it is a stabilizer, counteracting sudden forces such as gusty wind. In the beginner mode it holds full aileron until the plane goes upright again.

There are a few spelling errors in the signage on the plane, lol.

The rockets are supposed to be handed, left and right. All 12 of mine are "L" handed. But I recommend sanding the bases flat anyway as there is a ridge that will stop them from being fully seated. The large tanks or bombs, not sure what they are supposed to be, are handed correctly at L and R.

Although the prop is pre-installed at the factory for us, I recommend removing it while setting up the plane. Don't ask why.

Oh, and put some clear tape at the rear of the battery hatch because the magnet on that sucker is strong!

I painted the ailerons servos and wires to hide them and blend them in a bit.

My ordnance glue is curing. This plane is small but it sure is good looking. Can't wait to see it in the sunlight tomorrow.
The misspelling of Skyraider is to funny, met and flew with Skyraider Bob a few years ago to Torrance and Big Bear, he was an airline captain out of Ramona Ca airport, what an airplane, nice to see an RC model, will be getting one for the man cave.
Last edited by Scaleman3; Jan 09, 2020 at 04:19 PM.
Jan 17, 2020, 05:43 PM
Hi bit of a newbie, just got this bad boy. I've been flying parkzone f4f wildcat . Fantastic plane in every way, just set this plane up all good, but l was just wondering about setting the transmitter to the esc. Do I need to do this with this plane or am I good to go. If I do need to, can somebody please help me with the correct procedure.
Thanks Mike
Jan 17, 2020, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by F4fwildcat123
Hi bit of a newbie, just got this bad boy. I've been flying parkzone f4f wildcat . Fantastic plane in every way, just set this plane up all good, but l was just wondering about setting the transmitter to the esc. Do I need to do this with this plane or am I good to go. If I do need to, can somebody please help me with the correct procedure.
Thanks Mike
Not sure it's needed with this plane but I did turn my radio on at full throttle while plugging in the plane to make sure.
Jan 17, 2020, 11:53 PM
Acft Attn Deficit Disorder
Quote:
Thanks Mike
You should be doing a throttle calibration on EVERY NEW PLANE YOU SET UP

After you bind to the receiver, remove bind plug and unplug the flight battery.
Start with battery unplugged and transmitter off, and prop removed for safety, or aimed away if you cannot remove a prop for whatever reason.

1. Turn on transmitter and move throttle to full power
2. Plug in Flight battery
3. Wait for tones from the ESC
4. Move throttle to off, and wait for arming tones

Your throttle is NOW calibrated.

Even if you get a plane out of the box and the throttle does respond without calibration, you should still be doing this.

-CC
Last edited by Cubcrazy; Jan 18, 2020 at 02:53 AM.
Jan 18, 2020, 02:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubcrazy
You should be doing a throttle calibration on EVERY NEW PLANE YOU SET UP

After you bind to the receiver, remove bind plug and unplug the flight battery.
Start with battery unplugged and transmitter off, and prop removed for safety, or aimed away if you cannot remove a prop for whatever reason.

1. Turn on transmitter and move throttle to full power
2. Plug in Flight battery
3. Wait for tones from the ESC
4. Move throttle to off, and wait for arming tones

Your throttle is not calibrated.

Even if you get a plane out of the box and the throttle does respond without calibration, you should still be doing this.

-CC

After 4 steps then
" Your throttle is not calibrated "
what. ????????????????

really?

Jan 18, 2020, 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flylow2011
After 4 steps then
" Your throttle is not calibrated "
what. ????????????????

really?

Pretty sure he meant NOW lol.
I even do it from time to time with planes I fly regularly. Better safe than sorry. Sucks to get airborne and not have full throttle if needed. I never remove the prop but do hold the plane from behind just in case.
Jan 18, 2020, 02:58 AM
Acft Attn Deficit Disorder
Jeeze..one auto-correct from my phone and people lose their mind. Sheesh...
FlyLow, is this the first time you are ever hearing about throttle calibration?

I remove the prop because I had some no name ESC once and was using the throttle sticks to change ESC settings. Even though the plane was facing away from me, when it inadvertently went to WOT with a 1600mm Mustang on 4S with an APC prop, the plane turned around and still got me between the ankle and calf. If my wife had not been home I would have needed an ambulance, I was gushing blood so bad. So for me, if I do anything related to setup with the motor, I remove the prop.
Latest blog entry: From the CC Paint Shop
Jan 18, 2020, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubcrazy
Jeeze..one auto-correct from my phone and people lose their mind. Sheesh...
FlyLow, is this the first time you are ever hearing about throttle calibration?

I remove the prop because I had some no name ESC once and was using the throttle sticks to change ESC settings. Even though the plane was facing away from me, when it inadvertently went to WOT with a 1600mm Mustang on 4S with an APC prop, the plane turned around and still got me between the ankle and calf. If my wife had not been home I would have needed an ambulance, I was gushing blood so bad. So for me, if I do anything related to setup with the motor, I remove the prop.
Mine are all smaller and running just 2s , even the Skyraider, so they’re very easy to hold no matter. Yeah something bigger on 4s needs extra caution for sure!!!
Last edited by tnriverluver; Jan 18, 2020 at 12:33 PM.
Jan 18, 2020, 01:48 PM
Hi thanks for the reply, guys, I've set it all up now... I think. All seems to be working OK. This is the first time I've seen the signal connections for the recver, is this just away of saving space, or is there another reason. Took me 5 minutes to work out the correct position for them on the recver. Has anyone got any better ways to keep the battery in place, apart from the velcro
Jan 18, 2020, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Hi thanks for the reply, guys, I've set it all up now... I think. All seems to be working OK. This is the first time I've seen the signal connections for the recver, is this just away of saving space, or is there another reason. Took me 5 minutes to work out the correct position for them on the recver. Has anyone got any better ways to keep the battery in place, apart from the velcro
I have industrial velcro in mine since the 2s battery I use is so far forward the straps don't really hold it. It's never moved even after some very hard crashes that eventually destroyed my first one. I fly in a rather difficult space for this or larger planes.

Quick Reply