Acft Attn Deficit Disorder
Quote:
Originally Posted by flylow2011

Just found these retracts. about same height
with stock gears.
not rotate 90 degree. Just fold back. Still better
than fixed gears.

https://usa-m.banggood.com/25g-Digit...t_warehouse=CN
The weight of those retracts is going to make the plane's wing loading so high, that it will fly terrible. I wouldn't do it, but have at it.
Latest blog entry: From the CC Paint Shop
to remove ads between posts
Dec 29, 2019, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubcrazy
The weight of those retracts is going to make the plane's wing loading so high, that it will fly terrible. I wouldn't do it, but have at it.

Thanks.

The full scale Skyraider is a very very slow bird :-) . Around 250miles/hour max. :-)

So my second Skyraider with those retracts
aims at a full scale Skyraider performance fun.
While my first Skyraider is for high
performance, no landing gears, 2 blade prop.
:-)

Dec 29, 2019, 05:31 PM
Acft Attn Deficit Disorder
Quote:
Thanks.

The full scale Skyraider is a very very slow bird :-) . Around 250miles/hour max. :-)

So my second Skyraider with those retracts
aims at a full scale Skyraider performance fun.
While my first Skyraider is for high
performance, no landing gears, 2 blade prop.

Thats not how planes work.
Adding weight wont slow it down it will mean that it will need to fly faster to create enough lift to support its weight and remain in the air.
Latest blog entry: From the CC Paint Shop
Dec 29, 2019, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubcrazy
Thats not how planes work.
Adding weight wont slow it down it will mean that it will need to fly faster to create enough lift to support its weight and remain in the air.
I fly mine almost exclusively on 2S and it's no rocketship with 2s power but still flies incredibly well. Adding some weight and still using 3s shouldn't hurt performance on this plane very much if any.
Dec 29, 2019, 09:58 PM
Just got one of these, should I add a little loc-title to the screw holding the rudder and tail wheel push-rods together to the servo arm?
Dec 29, 2019, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingwiz
Just got one of these, should I add a little loc-title to the screw holding the rudder and tail wheel push-rods together to the servo arm?
Not had issues with mine. YMMV. I did get it a good snug just for good measure though.
Dec 30, 2019, 06:45 PM
Thanks, I'll snug it up.
Dec 30, 2019, 09:18 PM
Flew mine today in 25-30 mph wind that must have been even higher at altitude! Took full throttle to move against the wind and was more like a 90mmm EDF flying with the wind!!! Landed her basically in a hover down to the ground. Interesting flight lol. And a big sigh of relief getting her back down unmolested.
Dec 30, 2019, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnriverluver
Flew mine today in 25-30 mph wind that must have been even higher at altitude! Took full throttle to move against the wind and was more like a 90mmm EDF flying with the wind!!! Landed her basically in a hover down to the ground. Interesting flight lol. And a big sigh of relief getting her back down unmolested.
You need 3s is this case...
Need power to overcome the wind

Dec 31, 2019, 01:48 PM
Haha flew it again this morning and the wind is still ripping pretty good with gust at ground level probably 20-25 and over 100 feet must be really strong. All the plane wanted to do heading into the wind with any throttle at all was climb. Constantly had to just let off the throttle and drive back down. At one point it climbed nearly out of my sight and had to flip it to safe to get my orientation back. Fun times lol
Jan 02, 2020, 11:27 AM
DominicM
Filmed some flying in 4K. Deserves it. It's a good looking warbird.

H-King A-1 Skyraider with ORX Flight Stabiliser: ESSENTIAL RC FLIGHT TEST (7 min 12 sec)
Jan 02, 2020, 12:01 PM
Grumpa Tom
Nice flight video. Too bad you do not have a paved runway to do some touch and go work.
Jan 02, 2020, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DominicM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYF6ZVXTsFg

nice flying, nice video.
Is it flying with 2S lipo? what is the capacity?
thx.

Jan 02, 2020, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DominicM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYF6ZVXTsFg
She will tip stall fairly easily if you try to. I've tested it several times at altitude chopping the throttle is a turn and each time been able to easily recover with only dropping around five feet before it recovers. I think it's a great plane both in flying and appearance. Do wish HK would put a little more bank angle in that gyro however. I've played with it a lot and sometimes you can get the plane to turn on a dime doing a tail skid and other times trying the same thing takes a huge radius to turn. Expert mode is where it 's at with this plane however!!!
Jan 06, 2020, 05:26 AM
DominicM
Quote:
nice flying, nice video.
Is it flying with 2s lipo? What is the capacity?
Thx.
3s800

Quick Reply