Sep 18, 2019, 04:11 AM
slats move, slots don't
Thread OP
New Product

H-King A-1 Skyraider 800mm (31.5") PnF w/ORX Flight Stabilizer

The H-King A-1 Skyraider PnF is a realistic flying model of the original plane. It is made of strong EPO foam and is electric-powered which makes it ideal as a park flier. There is a built-in Gyro (or Flight Stabilizer) to make flying this plane even easier.

The Douglas A-1 Skyraider came too late to see action in WW2, introduced in 1946, but proved its worth as an outstanding ground attack aircraft in both the Korean and Vietnam conflicts, able to deliver a formidable punch and withstand a considerable amount of battle damage and still get home, the Skyraider had an impressive service record as a ground attack aircraft.

Our Skyraider looks so realistic in US Navy colors from USS Oriskany and the registration 139606 and comes fully equipped with missiles and bombs. The four-bladed propeller combines with an EMT-1200KV motor to give you all the power you need for those low-level strafing missions. The 800mm wingspan size of the plane will allow you to easily transport it in your car without removing the wings.

The H-King A-1 Skyraider will have you the talk of the field with its great looks and great handling characteristics. Get yours now.

Features:
• Authentic scale detail with panel lines
• Outstanding flight characteristics
• With ORX flight stabilizer (Auto-detect SBUS/PPM) and it comes with two different flight modes (Beginner and Advanced)
• Efficient four-blade propeller
• High torque brushless motor
• Complete with a high-quality hardware package

Specs:
Wingspan: 800mm (31.5”)
Length: 630mm
Flying weight: 455g
Motor: EMT-1200KV
ESC: 20A Brushless
Gyro: Intelligent 6-axis and two flight modes (beginner and advanced)
Servo: 9g x 4pcs
Propeller: 8x6 four blades

Requires:
1 x 6CH and up Radio System (TX/RX)
1 x 800mAh 3S 15C Lipo Battery

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/h-king-a...800mm-pnf.html
to remove ads between posts
Sep 18, 2019, 04:47 AM
Looks like another HK TopRCHobby re-release after the Moonbeam P-51
This time with an upgraded package with gyro - nice!

I own the old blue TopRC one and it's by far the best flying plane of all my 800mm. Very fast on 3S and lots of fun!

Good choice once more, HK
Sep 18, 2019, 01:02 PM
Grumpa Tom
Sweet!
Latest blog entry: My new AT-6
Sep 18, 2019, 03:09 PM
Horizon Brand Ambassador
Nice seeing some of the smaller warbirds coming back! I love the scheme they used as well. I used to have a model with the same scheme when I was a kid.
Sep 19, 2019, 02:57 PM
Stumbled across this last night on HK website searching for batteries and found I had $30 in points from years ago. Could not resist this! Should be here in a few days.
Sep 19, 2019, 07:00 PM
Horizon Brand Ambassador
My one suggestion is to order your spare parts now! I have been waiting for months on a Spitfire prop that is perpetually on back order and other spare parts are no longer available. Took me 6 months to get a retract for my B-17 and the rest of my spares that I ordered never arrived and that was 14 months ago. If you add a Skyraider to your cart, I would add props and landing gear as those would be the items that will probably need spares for.
Sep 19, 2019, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRGT350
My one suggestion is to order your spare parts now! I have been waiting for months on a Spitfire prop that is perpetually on back order and other spare parts are no longer available. Took me 6 months to get a retract for my B-17 and the rest of my spares that I ordered never arrived and that was 14 months ago. If you add a Skyraider to your cart, I would add props and landing gear as those would be the items that will probably need spares for.
Words to live by the way these planes are discontinued and I have a feeling these are just leftovers that HK has purchased to clear out of others inventory. The addition of stabilization is nice however over previous ones.
Sep 19, 2019, 10:53 PM
The first thing I would do with this plane is ditch the landing gear and the prop* , and replace the latter with a 2-blade for belly landing.

I think this plane is cool, but the weird size batteries are probably a deal breaker for me. I would not buy new lipos just for it.

* And save to sell at a premium to those who can't find spares... Ha.. Just kidding(they'd really just sit in a box in the garage like all landing gear from any other plane I've ever had...)
Sep 20, 2019, 06:58 AM
Horizon Brand Ambassador
I would also make it a dedicated belly lander, but hope to keep the scale looking prop. Another reason why spares are so critical. Not sure how the stores attach to the wings, but I could see going behind the plane after landing and picking them all up. That would be worth the effort as the Skyraider would look awesome without gear and all the weapons under the wings.
Sep 20, 2019, 11:37 AM
Grumpa Tom
Full size color scheme.
Latest blog entry: My new AT-6
Sep 20, 2019, 12:17 PM
For those wondering I ordered quite a few spare parts last night around midnight and they shipped from Hong Kong around 3.am so they are readily available at the moment!
Sep 20, 2019, 12:34 PM
2bladed prop is a must for this belly lander, yes. I use a prop saver too. Not overly scale but no show stopper for me. And who wants a warbird with always extended gear anyway? But don’t bother about the battery: I fly mine with 3S 1000mAh without problems.
Sep 21, 2019, 04:53 AM
Here’s how mine looks after uncounted flights. Quite some scars, but nothing serious. The self made drop tanks are attached with magnets. A Skyraider only looks right with ordinance
Sep 21, 2019, 08:39 AM
Horizon Brand Ambassador
Rare Bird, that looks pretty good! Oddly, the 2-blade prop doesn't look terrible. Usually, I am all about scale and hate improper props (worst thing about my Parkzone/E-Flite 1100mm warbirds), but the prop on the Skyraider doesn't look too bad at all. Knowing how impossible it is to get spares from HK, this looks like a solid solution.
Sep 21, 2019, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rare bird
Here’s how mine looks after uncounted flights. Quite some scars, but nothing serious. The self made drop tanks are attached with magnets. A Skyraider only looks right with ordinance
Info on the prop please! I don't see my four blades lasting long. And I would prefer to do a few belly landings at first.

Quick Reply