Sep 18, 2019, 12:24 AM
Thread OP
Help!

Motor running very stiff

Hi guys,
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post, but I have a brushless outrunner, and it is running very stiff, meaning that the shaft will not turn freely, and last time I ran it up smoke just poured out of the sides, but it still ran confusingly My guess is that the smoke came from all the friction from the motor binding. Does anybody have any idea how to fix this?
to remove ads between posts
Sep 18, 2019, 04:16 AM
Has the motor been in a crash?
If smoke came out then it is very likely the motor will have to be replaced.
Clearly if it is stiff there is something mechanically wrong with it and trying to run it has overloaded the motor. It is likely the wires inside got hot and started to burn the insulation around them. Not repairable.
If the motor has been in a crash the motor shaft may be bent or one of the magnets has become loose.
You would have to take the motor apart to find out what was wrong and even then it may not be fixable.
The simplest solution is to replace it.

Quick Reply