Nov 18, 2019, 12:42 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaver_XT
Exactly my thought. This scale works better with 390 or 2838 motor + 2200mAh long and flat battery. Just look at the original car.
But hey, if it wasn't for 550 motor we wouldn't have a car that can go 80+ KPH out of the box.

It seems the big motor provides a trade off, while having lots of power, as side effect shifting the weight balance considerably. The LC EMB is nimble and is really planted, with it's lighter brushless motor. I've never seen mine lift a front wheel in a corner, either corners really well, or if you have too much traction and too high speed in the corner, does a grip roll over.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
to remove ads between posts
Nov 18, 2019, 03:16 AM
Wont running the ESC at full power tend to heat up the the transistors as most of the power will be handled by the electronics and will not be pushed out the motor.. but if its just ok then it may be a alternative to run the 3S lipo packs and have extra power during runs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germano
It looks the limit of the original electronics is the esc/receiver.
As I have said, limit the amperage current by the remote control (decrease 25%, I guess) to avoid the esc fry during a bashing session.
Nov 18, 2019, 04:19 AM
Low budget fun
I abused the heck out of it and it survived.
WLtoys 144001 1/14 Buggy Maiden Run (3 min 54 sec)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
It seems the big motor provides a trade off, while having lots of power, as side effect shifting the weight balance considerably. The LC EMB is nimble and is really planted, with it's lighter brushless motor. I've never seen mine lift a front wheel in a corner, either corners really well, or if you have too much traction and too high speed in the corner, does a grip roll over.
Thanks for your input. Now I'm not sure where to go from here. My priority is handling before top speed. I like it a lot but the balance is off if I keep it as it is. However sinking too much money into this car is not ideal.
Nov 18, 2019, 05:23 AM
Wow... your 144001 realy had a maiden run.. it seems that the car lasted without issues till the battery died...
you need to check the pin inserts on the lower arms.. they seem to be soft..I found mine bent after the light cartwheels and backflip it did last run...
but it can easily be bent back.. I guess WLtoys used soft materials as a breaking point.. instead of ripping out the gearbox which will cost more to replace...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaver_XT
I abused the heck out of it and it survived.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=517sFVer2hs

Thanks for your input. Now I'm not sure where to go from here. My priority is handling before top speed. I like it a lot but the balance is off if I keep it as it is. However sinking too much money into this car is not ideal.
Nov 18, 2019, 11:10 PM
WL TOYS 144001 57 KPH 2S FIRST NIGHT OUT OF THE BOX SPEED TEST AND REVIEW (3 min 31 sec)

What is the secret to hit 57kph on 2s?
Last edited by Germano; Nov 19, 2019 at 05:24 AM.
Nov 19, 2019, 01:23 AM
I cannot seem to get it.. that 144001 car on the video seems to be running much faster than the one I got..
never knew that the stock car can run 57kph out of the box. and very close to what is advertised.... never tried to measure mine but wow...
looking at that video it looks it was running really fast.. not sure if its due to the lighting condition since it was a night run..
or the car just really runs that fast.... well the run on 3S was amazing!!!!... 82kph.. hands down for brushed setup and stock electronics.. WLtoys just killed its own 959B on speed and stability with this new 144001...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germano
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leoRhyANO5s

What is the secret to hit 52kph on 2s?
Last edited by soneebee; Nov 19, 2019 at 01:30 AM.
Nov 19, 2019, 04:57 AM
Mine just arrived, it feels quite heavy, but looks nice. I do have shakes on steering servo at certain angles, like servo is hunting for the correct position.
Nov 19, 2019, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Mine just arrived, it feels quite heavy, but looks nice. I do have shakes on steering servo at certain angles, like servo is hunting for the correct position.
better check for binding on the steering ball links or the one with bearings.. i checked and clean mine.. i do have a ball resizer tool back in the olden days.. used that to get all the ball links equally opened... the servo on the 144001 seems to be digital as its very fast and yeah it does humm when its does not get to its right position...

the weight of the car is due to the gigantic 550 motor... if you remove the motor... the actual car is light.. i guess if yoi compare this buggy with the LC EMB 1... the weight difference does have an effect on the driving capability of the car... the lighter brushless motor will seem to be the best to get juat the perfect balance of the car... now stock the back side and right side of the car is very heavy no wonder the rear shocks need to be compressed more juat to get more tension from the springs....

hope u like your new purchase
Last edited by soneebee; Nov 19, 2019 at 07:07 AM.
Nov 19, 2019, 07:17 AM
The servo doesn't buzz, it jitters as if it's freezing. The steering system moves very light. But as test I will disconnect the linkages, so the servo has zero load.
Nov 19, 2019, 09:01 AM
Ohhhh... never encountered that with my 144001.... is it a defective servo?

Well still waiting for the pinions to arrive.. take so long to get stuff coming from china/hk.. the seasons seems to make it much much longer to get out of china...

Only got the metal hexes.. and this really does help making the bearings run smoother even if the nuts are screwed in tightly...

The one i got fits nicely and the hole diameter for the shaft is just the right size... kinda happy with this purchase...

I found the retainer pins on the stock 144001 buggy to be soft.. i got 3 of them bent and this was with the use of the plastic hexes..
good thing the aluminum hexes came with the pins.. got all replaced

Quote:
The servo doesn't buzz, it jitters as if it's freezing. The steering system moves very light. But as test I will disconnect the linkages, so the servo has zero load.
Nov 19, 2019, 01:47 PM
Seems like in the end you might end up replacing the entire car, bit by bit.

I'll make a video of the "shaky" servo.
Nov 19, 2019, 04:43 PM
Joker, smoker, midnight talker
Quote:

Kinda like with the 959B eh?
Nov 19, 2019, 04:54 PM
soneebee you got a link for those 12mm hexes?
Nov 19, 2019, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinsum
soneebee you got a link for those 12mm hexes?
Hi dinsum... i got the hexes here.. i got it for a really good price during the 11.11 sale.. i think it was $1.50 for the 4 pcs with the pins.. so i got 2 sets...
just incase i loose them....

https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/4...s.item_title.1
Nov 19, 2019, 07:57 PM
Yeah.. i think its either you maintain it stock and run it till it breaks down... or just get a better model.... This is a nice car.. bare and stock out of the box.. no doubt for its price its the best for 2019.. but going for the modify route.. i think this will end up putting a hole on your pocket ... so its either maintain it stock or go for a more hobby grade one (less costly in the long run)..
Quote:

Quick Reply