Oct 18, 2019, 01:57 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaver_XT
I'm sorry for your loss. Stay strong, my friend.

I do reviews for Banggood from time to time and they offered me the Nikko 1/14 but I said I'm more interested in WLtoys 1/14 so they sent me WLtoys instead.

Thanks, I will. Having some good RC friends support me in this, does help. If you would like, you can check out these videos, I made in remembrance, with some background info on some dark times that my father has been through during his youth. To put things a bit in perspective:

Memorial Flight for my dad - part 1 (please read the video description, thx) (3 min 26 sec)

Memorial Flight for my dad - part 2 (please read the video description, thx) (4 min 12 sec)

RC and music have been healers over the years, this combines both.

I mostly enjoy RC that focuses on quality, one of the reasons I like the LC so much, or my ancient Optima Mid, so I can understand you would be more interested in the WLtoys, because it appears more hobby grade.

P.S. maybe you can PM me who contacts you? Maybe it's someone I've been talking with in the past, but lost contact over time.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
to remove ads between posts
Oct 20, 2019, 01:26 AM
Low budget fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
P.S. maybe you can PM me who contacts you? Maybe it's someone I've been talking with in the past, but lost contact over time.
Sent.
Please check if it's really there. The outbox doesn't work.
Oct 20, 2019, 01:35 AM
Quote:
Sent.
Please check if it's really there. The outbox doesn't work.

Got it. I sent a mail to your contact, not expecting anything, but at least I tried.

Do you already have the 144001 or still in transit?
Oct 20, 2019, 11:01 AM
Low budget fun
It's still in transit. Normally it'll be another 2-3 weeks until I get it.
Oct 20, 2019, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cujpaptjensjnh
Can we trust the site https://www.wl-toys.com/ ? I intend to buy some rc parts from that site. But I did not get their reply when I asked them by email. So have not ordered items yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamsterrorist
I'd like to know also as they seem to be the only place with L303 parts. Hard to trust them I guess if they aren't interested in responding to emails.
I've thought about ordering something simple and cheap from them to test the service...at least there's some protection via PayPal.
I purchased a few parts from them for my 10428, they are over priced but still cheaper than buying a Vaterra differential. I was also able to get the receiver that is supposed to work with the 10428 transmitter but I haven't tested it. Shipping was pretty slow even compared to Ali or BG.

Thread Related: I ordered one of the 144001's today after watching a few of the reviews on YouTube that were extremely favorable and had a disco code that still works (BGWLTRA). I hope to just use it at a track down the road after my daughter gets her Grasshopper II for Christmas (She's 6), so nothing too strenuous.
Oct 21, 2019, 10:48 AM
Waiting for jym's review anxiously
Oct 24, 2019, 06:49 AM
Hey bossu(s),

I've bought this beautiful rc car (and this will be me first one).
I want to buy another batteries before receiving the 144001 (so in 2 weeks), anyone of you maybe know the max dimensions that a battery can have for this rc car? With some calculation, based on the online photo and proportion of the motor 550 (60mm long), it seems that I can fit a battery with max lenght of 130mm, but if you can give me other info it will be very great!

Thanks a lot guys!
Oct 24, 2019, 06:56 AM
Low budget fun
Looks like the chassis has extra holes to expand the battery tray too so I wouldn't worry too much about the size.
Oct 24, 2019, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Looks like the chassis has extra holes to expand the battery tray too so I wouldn't worry too much about the size.
That's what I'm hoping, the EMB-1 this is based on looks to be able to accept a standard 7.4V 2000-2200 mah pack, I already have other cars using this so it would be great if it can fit that as it not only would be an upgrade but allow cross compatibility

on a side note it seems these are selling well, banggood just shipped mine after a 3 day delay but is already showing a back order of 3-9 days for orders palced now depending on the color
Oct 26, 2019, 10:46 AM
Low budget fun
I'm hoping it'd fit 2200mah pack too because that's also what I have.

I started to see a lot of reviews on YouTube now and everyone says the same thing. It's amazing!
Oct 27, 2019, 02:34 AM
I'd just wait until people have some more runs on it, see how it holds up over a longer time. I've seen too much reviews lately that initially hyped a product, and then silence after that. If something is really good, you usually keep posting things about it, but with some products, after the hype dies down, it's like it never existed, which is stange, if something's really that good.

If WLtoys did their homework, it should run nicely, since the basic design and geometry has been proven over a long time. Losi Mini 8ight and the LC EMB have both earned an excellent reputation as being a high performance 1/14 scale buggy, and in my personal experience, almost as capable as 1/10 buggy, when it comes to what it can handle. So the foundation should be solid, just hope they built something decent upon that.

It's a bit of a shame the LC Racing isn't that well known, and most people will think what an awesome car WLToys designed, and they get all the credit, when in fact most they did is recognize how great the LC EMB is, and make a cheaper version of that.
Last edited by SoloProFan; Oct 27, 2019 at 02:46 AM.
Oct 27, 2019, 10:57 AM

3s speed test

WLTOYS 144001 GPS speed test 2S and 3S (2 min 52 sec)
Oct 27, 2019, 12:42 PM
Low budget fun
Bummer! It doesn't do the 60KPH on the box but stock 2S at 47KPH is plenty fast enough.
3S is insanely fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
I'd just wait until people have some more runs on it, see how it holds up over a longer time. I've seen too much reviews lately that initially hyped a product, and then silence after that. If something is really good, you usually keep posting things about it, but with some products, after the hype dies down, it's like it never existed, which is stange, if something's really that good.

If WLtoys did their homework, it should run nicely, since the basic design and geometry has been proven over a long time. Losi Mini 8ight and the LC EMB have both earned an excellent reputation as being a high performance 1/14 scale buggy, and in my personal experience, almost as capable as 1/10 buggy, when it comes to what it can handle. So the foundation should be solid, just hope they built something decent upon that.

It's a bit of a shame the LC Racing isn't that well known, and most people will think what an awesome car WLToys designed, and they get all the credit, when in fact most they did is recognize how great the LC EMB is, and make a cheaper version of that.
Unfortunately I can really see that happen. Just like Mini-Z and Xmods. I've seen people claim Mini-Z is clone of Xmods.... oh, the humanity.
Oct 28, 2019, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Bummer! It doesn't do the 60KPH on the box but stock 2S at 47KPH is plenty fast enough.
3S is insanely fast.

Unfortunately I can really see that happen. Just like Mini-Z and Xmods. I've seen people claim Mini-Z is clone of Xmods.... oh, the humanity.

That's about the same speed as the brushless EMB with 2S. But the brushless motor runs cool, even on a hot day, it's super efficient. I hope the brushed motor runs cool enough too, it might be cheap, but I hate replacing motors, and having to see perfect gear mesh again. That's one of the things I like so much about the LC cars, just connect battery, and go. Apart from the occasional servo cutting out, and tyres wearing down, it's very reliable. My main runner is second hand, and the shocks still don't leak or other signs of aging.
Oct 29, 2019, 03:56 PM
so what will the 144002 be? Long chassis truggy?

https://www.wl-toys.com/Wltoys-14400...814-1815-1.htm

��

Quick Reply