Jan 22, 2020, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soneebee
The double thickness shock tower mounts really will make it strong... but did you change the screws on the gearbox or the stock one will be fine...
I didn't change the screws on the gearbox -just the ones for the shocks and the turnbuckles/tie rods. I left the screws that mount the metal shock tower to the front gear box in there and just put the carbon fiber shock tower in front of it. Took it to the track again today and let me son drive it. Lots of flips and high speed crashes but no damage. One guys was impressed by how durable it is.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 22, 2020, 04:08 AM

Motor overheating?

Hi guys,
a few days I already own this buggy. Its great with stock parts for me.
But it seems to me that after 7 minutes (with stock battery 1500mAh), the engine is overheating.
It's hard to hold a finger on it. Outside temperature is now around 0 į C.
The ESC and the battery are also warm, but considerably less.
Did anyone solve this problem? Or is it normal until it smells?
Can such a thing help?

https://www.banggood.com/HSP-Heat-Si...r_warehouse=CN

or

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...chweb201603_53
Jan 22, 2020, 08:11 AM
Hi guys,

I just received mine and the instructions are in German. Would you have the pdf manual with the parts in English please?
Jan 22, 2020, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastodont
Hi guys,
a few days I already own this buggy. Its great with stock parts for me.
But it seems to me that after 7 minutes (with stock battery 1500mAh), the engine is overheating.
It's hard to hold a finger on it. Outside temperature is now around 0 į C.
The ESC and the battery are also warm, but considerably less.
Did anyone solve this problem? Or is it normal until it smells?
Can such a thing help?

https://www.banggood.com/HSP-Heat-Si...r_warehouse=CN

or

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...chweb201603_53
I've been running the same stock battery with no overheating issues. The weather has been in the 50s when I've been running it.
Jan 22, 2020, 03:40 PM
Reap the wild wind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smint
I bought the Remo body based on your recommendation. A SCT conversion should be fun.

If the wheels are inside the the body are you worried dirt and mud getting into the electrics? Also with the bumper and and new body do you think strengthening the shock towers with carbon fiber is still needed?
I presume you've already bought the LC Racing bumpers and body posts. I'm missing the side impact bars but I'll try it without for now https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3284...chweb201603_55
I could always fabricate some wheel arches out of plastic (used take away containers on for Axial SCX10 II) but again, I'll run without and see how it goes.
I suppose the point of impact will determine if the beefed up shock towers are needed. I think the bumpers and shell will protect from vertical and inverted impacts but landing slightly nose down from height is still likely to bend them.
I'm staying away from skate parks now as they are too brutal on parts
Jan 22, 2020, 05:28 PM
So I suddenly recently got back into RC, used to race RC cars years ago, did the nitro truck thing when it was the rage and now bought an Outcast 4S but this 144001 popped my interest.

Always wanted a cute looking buggy and thought sod it, why not.

Got it and realised it handled awesome out the box, really nice balanced feel to it, unlike the outcast which is point it and fling it type thing, this handles like a nice race car... Itís the balance that got me.

So went into mod mode straight away and now running 2S on a GoolRC type motor and ESC with a 3900 motor, did a bunch of 3D measurements and design and printing of components to make a brace and central anchor point for the ESC on a nice swing clip, shell fits on when it is raised high.

It really flies and Iím running it with a 3D printed spur gear (first thing I did) and it is still running good after about 8 packs through it.

Iím designing a compact slipper clutch on this as well, it wonít be fancy but should allow enough give to save the diffs from implosions on bad landings. Yet to prototype this and I think it will be a long iterative process, will use PETG plastic for that and see how it slips, maybe with an intermediate material as well.

Waiting on a sensored brushless ESC and motor (el cheapo tsky thing) as I want a little more low speed control - the stock gearing is awesome for speed but does mean a little cogging at low speeds, tho the GoolRC (crazypony in uk branded) is pretty awesome at low speed to be fair.

Will post more and provide links to 3D files for the parts. Smashed a rear hub in first outing with brushless but a managed to design and print a replacement that same evening so message me if you need a hub file design!
Jan 23, 2020, 01:02 AM
hi guys

Do you have a list of aliexpress or banggood links for upgrade parts in aluminum for the 144001 model?

I find some but horribly expensive! 13 dollars for 2 rods

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...c00EDDAvA&mp=1

I know that some parts of the lc-racing emb1 are compatible but I do not know what reference to take exactly at lc racing.

If someone will be kind enough to give me links

Thanks guys !
Jan 23, 2020, 07:58 AM
Hello guys,

Do you have a list of compatible aluminum spare parts between the model 144001 and the lc racing emb1 please?

I find aluminium spare parts but very expensive. 13$ for 2 rods!

If you have banggood or aliexpress links of what you bought for the 144001 (rods, arm, etc) it would be very nice.

thank you
Jan 24, 2020, 06:23 PM
Just a quick update on the sensor less setup, so got the TSKY ESC in and the no name sensored 13.5T 540 motor in no problem, ESC is a lot smaller than the GoolRC 60A hobby it replaces.

Took it out for a quick run and by god itís so much nicer to drive. Changed the programming via button method and itís perfect now, the control is much much better, not just getting going but cornering and when spinning out, hitting the throttle results in instant response, unlike with sensored setups where when rolling back and punching it always result in a bit of stutter.

Whatís great is that you have all this insane power and crazy gearing but can have mm level creep control and run it at a pace of woodlice.

I will never go sensorless again! This setup cost the grand sum of £33. Not sure how long it will last!

Highly recommend this route if you are going brushless!!!
Jan 24, 2020, 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_clark1000
Just a quick update on the sensor less setup, so got the TSKY ESC in and the no name sensored 13.5T 540 motor in no problem, ESC is a lot smaller than the GoolRC 60A hobby it replaces.

Took it out for a quick run and by god itís so much nicer to drive. Changed the programming via button method and itís perfect now, the control is much much better, not just getting going but cornering and when spinning out, hitting the throttle results in instant response, unlike with sensored setups where when rolling back and punching it always result in a bit of stutter.

Whatís great is that you have all this insane power and crazy gearing but can have mm level creep control and run it at a pace of woodlice.

I will never go sensorless again! This setup cost the grand sum of £33. Not sure how long it will last!

Awesome post. Were there any other parts needed besides the ESC and motor? Do you use your own controller?
Jan 25, 2020, 03:23 AM
I'm using flysky gt3c and it's receiver mounted on servo, needed to change the servo to a 3 wire, just some mg90s mini servos off amazon .

Other than that everything fits good, but beware the boots for motor mount, motor and pinion are glued so needs lots and lots of heat with turbo flame lighter to get them free. Beware they 're also made of cheese!

It's a great conversion.
Jan 25, 2020, 03:48 AM
Reap the wild wind
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_clark1000
....I will never go sensorless again! This setup cost the grand sum of £33. Not sure how long it will last!

Sounds good. Could you post a link to the sensored motor and esc used please
Jan 25, 2020, 06:04 AM
Does anyone know if these hex nuts will fit the 144001?
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/122172021863
Jan 25, 2020, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by headlessagain
Sounds good. Could you post a link to the sensored motor and esc used please
ESC:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F383278421237

Motor
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F402033296231

Canít comment on reliability yet. Will likely have a god at waterproofing motor hall sensors plug and the ESC
Jan 25, 2020, 02:19 PM
What ive done... steering is now like reversed, turn right from controller turns car to left and vice versa. How I switch it to ”normal” mode?

Edit: something to do with the controller. Second controller works fine.
Last edited by juhaaa; Jan 25, 2020 at 03:07 PM.

Quick Reply