This thread is privately moderated by kazaklisglider, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 17, 2019, 01:29 PM
Trader Rating: 11
Magic Soaring...
Thread OP
$850.00 USD
Buyer pays shipping
Sold

Baudis Trinity F5J version fully equipped/ Top condition

Hello,

The Trinity has certainly earned a reputation for being a contest oriented F3F/F3B ship used by top pilots to deliver outstanding performance, this particular version however is being tailored to bridge the gap between an all-out racer and a practical contest grade model aimed to do well both in slopes and flat field soaring.

It’s very wide speed range will be a pleasant surprise to any pilot wishing to own a model that has performance to spare without possessing any nasty handling surprises either exiting from a super tight pylon turn or just doing a blistering speed run in straightaways.

As I have personally flown this ship on several occasions i can readily attest that it is a well-mannered user friendly machine but at the same time an excitingly fast racer…a precise tool for just non anxiety enjoyment!

Model belongs to my longtime friend and flying buddy and is fully equipped using strictly quality components, overall layup is glass/Rohacell/glass with a substantial carbon spar and many local carbon reinforcements… result is a carefully balanced structure at a medium weight range that is also quite strong …an airframe really built to last.

Its 3.27 meter very efficient wing packs up a lot of area that helps balance out its somewhat higher AUW…despite using the thin MG06 section this Trinity really surprised me with its very good low speed performance… with the aid of just slight camber its can hang and turn on light lift like a thermal ship weighing far less...but drop the nose a bit and watch it go!!!…truly wide range performance potential.

Condition can justifiably be described as pristine with shiny clean surfaces, almost like a fresh out of the mold airframe!...this outstanding condition is just because this Trinity has being flown on only short periods of a couple of flights each…accumulated air time is a few hours flown with total respect…my friend is notorious for smooth flying and he is very careful in handling his models, have taken a lot of detailed photos so you can judge its condition first hand.

Equipment installed:

- Wing: Futaba S3150 x4
- Vtail: Hyperion DS09-AMD x2
- ESC: Jeti Spin 66/Bec
- Motor: Mega ac22/30/1 in runner with matching Mega planetary gearbox 5/1
- Prop: Aeronaut carbon 15x8
- Spinner: 38mm Vladimir/no twist
Wing area: 65.9 DM/1020 sq. inch/7sq. ft.
AUW: approx., 2600 gr/102oz depending on battery choice

Above equipment is installed with such detail as to ensure longevity and reliable performance…model will be shipped in a custom made wooden container consisting of 4mm ply skins with internal framework of thick section longerons/cross members etc. additionally entire airframe will be supported inside the box with many layers of bubble wrap and foam cradle members to completely immobilize it…this packing procedure takes time and experience to do correctly but is the only way to ensure safe international shipping.

Will provide many photos for the prospective buyer during the whole packing procedure and describe the correct sequence for unpacking… shipping cost is approx. 90 USD, this covers most worldwide destinations but please send your address first so I can check actual cost to your area.

You can view 31 detailed photos at my Dropbox link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/aecqaz79j...Bp88wcBLa?dl=0

Payment is via PayPal (plus fees) or bank transfer, this option has a relatively lower transaction cost, package will be shipped registered to buyers name with tracking number provided plus link of the official carrier tracking site to follow its route until final delivery.

Contact at [email protected] or pm.

Regards Tasos.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 17, 2019, 03:03 PM
Trader Rating: 120
One Idiot is plenty...
Nice one !
Yuri
Sep 18, 2019, 06:05 AM
Magic Soaring...
Thread OP
Thanks Yuri

Tasos.
Sep 18, 2019, 10:05 AM
Trader Rating: 203
Why do I keep logging in to look at this model?
Sep 18, 2019, 10:12 AM
Trader Rating: 168
DS Junkie
Because it reminds you of a pumpkin spice latte?
Sep 18, 2019, 10:15 AM
Trader Rating: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screamin' Eagle
Because it reminds you of a pumpkin spice latte?
lol. Cant be that, because I hate pumpkin spice latte's
Sep 18, 2019, 10:20 AM
Trader Rating: 168
DS Junkie
Hey, it was a shot in the dark!

I keep looking at it too. I had a carbon Trinity sloper ages ago (and also its smaller brother, the Banana), and remember thinking that the MG06 airfoil was really magical in its speed range. The plane turned super hard too.

Kazaklis, what is the recommended battery for this setup??
Sep 18, 2019, 01:36 PM
Magic Soaring...
Thread OP
Minimum battery requirement is a top quality 3S 2200 Mah able to effortlessly support a 65 to 70 Amp static current draw… this motor/prop combination is highly efficient but needs good electron flow to deliver.

Lipo used was an SLS 3S 2200 40/80C (weighs approx. 200 grams) so you should consider an equivalent battery choice… I would personally use an SLS 3S 2600 as there is ample space to house it and model responds to additional weight very well.

As i get some enquiries will try to be fair to all interested RCG members by keeping a strict priority line, will also respond individually to all regardless of outcome… thank you.

Tasos.
Sep 18, 2019, 03:48 PM
Trader Rating: 220
“FLY THE PLANE”
Dom

This doesn’t have the MG06 airfoil. This one if original has a totally different main and tips. Still so beautiful. And you can bet it will be fun. I can’t believe Jiri hasn't made a Trinity 2. MG06.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screamin' Eagle
Hey, it was a shot in the dark!

I keep looking at it too. I had a carbon Trinity sloper ages ago (and also its smaller brother, the Banana), and remember thinking that the MG06 airfoil was really magical in its speed range. The plane turned super hard too.

Kazaklis, what is the recommended battery for this setup??
Sep 18, 2019, 04:07 PM
Trader Rating: 120
One Idiot is plenty...
As far as I concern F3F ,F3J -V-tail MG-06
F3B cross tail HD 45
But who knows what airfoil this one has....
Yuri
Sep 19, 2019, 12:10 PM
Trader Rating: 6
Aircraft Life
Email sent.
Sep 19, 2019, 01:57 PM
Magic Soaring...
Thread OP
Hi Will,

Have sent an email reply.

Tasos,