RC Social Media? RCGroups.com is the Place!

RCGroups has been the social media site for RC enthusiasts since 1996! Just about any RC topic can be found on RCG!

Splash

RCGroups.com - The Home of RC Social Medi, Information, Updates, Reviews and More!

My first RC related site that I ever joined was RCOnline. That means I go pretty far back. I have been collecting information on RCGroups recently and thought it might be a good idea to put all my info in a post.

The real social media home for RC hobbyists has always been RCGroups. In 1996 RCGroups founder Jim Bourke started a web page called "The E zone." This was the very first RC related site on the web. In 1997 we became Ezonemag.com with a magazine-style format. In 1998 the forum was added and advertisers started coming on board.

Did you know RCGroups is the world's largest RC site? Not only that but we also have FlyingGiants.com and HeliFreak.com. All three of our forums are the largest of their kind in the world.

RCGroups is Better Because

• On other social media sites, your post "evaporates" in days
  • You can use our search or Google to find content - not so with other social sites
  • RC news, reviews, and product announcements
  • RCGroups is populated only by RC enthusiasts
  • You can search RCG for topics that go back years

Features Users Like

• Advanced Search
  • RC Blogs
  • Subscribed Threads
  • Classified Sections
  • Can upload from phone
  • and more!

RC Content for RC Lovers

If social media is information created by your everyday person then RCGroups has it in spades. The amount of new threads per day is pretty amazing. For a finger on the pulse take a look at our forum spy and watch the content flow. The really great thing about posts on RCGroups is that they live on for RC pilots just like you and me that have a question in the future. What servo do I need? How do I set my transmitter up for this quad? What is this planes CG? I have had all these questions, sometimes at the field, and been able to answer them by searching RCGroups.com.

How Our Users Feel

Global Reach, New Product Announcements. Better than an “old-school-magazine”. It’s like being at the field, when you can’t. - Bell47G2

I can't believe its been 20 years. I've been a member here for almost all those years. This is by far, the BEST R/C site I have ever seen, and used. I have learned much, tried to pass on my experience, bought and sold airplanes and equipment here, made friends (Most, I've never met in real life- which is kinda strange, but I hope to meet someday). - Steve Merrill

I love following build threads, as well as making them. It's great to have people from over the world tagging along or seeing what others are doing in their workshop. Keep up the good work RCG! - High_Start

Of all the "social media" sites and information available, I have learned that I get more of the 'straight scoop' on RC Groups than anywhere were else. - Jim Branaum

I have used RCGroups for my primary searches for about 10 years or more now and have always found hobbists who are willing to help with any construction problems I might have or in finding the right parts I'm looking for. I have also been able to locate and buy kits I wanted to build or older models I wanted to buy, much better than eBay. This is a Great Group in all aspects. - rblubaugh

For me, RC Groups has been my "go-to" website for information for a lot of years. I've met so many great people here and have even met some in person at flying events. I can't imagine this hobby without RCG! Thanks to all the members for your insight and knowledge, you have all helped me and I'm sure I've helped many here as well. - Shadow-D

RCGroups Around The World

Another cool thing to check out is our user map. This is a live visual that will give you an idea of all the people around the world that are on RCGroups at this very moment. It's always pretty amazing, and sometimes surprising, to see where our RCGroups family lives.

RCGroups and You

The future of our hobby is up to us. Each one of us is an ambassador to the hobby and we affect it with our actions on a daily basis. I want to thank all of you that have made RCGroups your home. The amount of useful information posted on our site is mind-blowing. It also is the lifeblood of our hobby. It encourages others and provides much-needed information for those just starting out in the hobby. The videos posted get other hobbyists excited about their own possibilities. I have run this site and our partner sites for over a decade and I know how important is to keep all of this moving forward into the future. Plus it keeps our minds engaged and entertained!! I look forward to the next phase of the hobby and RCGroups.com!

Sep 23, 2019, 11:31 AM
Electric Coolhunter
RC Groups is the only social media that I like!
Latest blog entry: RC events for 2019!
Sep 23, 2019, 11:31 AM
RCG IMO is a great site for RC. Other social media, especially FB, is awful. The shallow, ephemeral nature of the medium leads to an overconcentration of vapid teenagers. How many times have I tried to sell something, and wasted a 30-message exchange with some attention-spanless kid who bails at the last second? RCG is still the internet, so there will always be people inisting that their way is the "right" and only way, but thanks mostly to its size much of that can get drowned out.
Last edited by Herrsavage; Sep 23, 2019 at 11:38 AM.
Sep 23, 2019, 11:36 AM
In the era where a lot of forums are loosing traffic to Fb (won't let type the full word for some reason), this place is still going strong and is a very active site. I'm a moderator on a big motorcycle forum and we are not nearly as busy as we were even a few years ago. Keep up the good work here!
Sep 23, 2019, 06:01 PM
Modeling Retread
FB is for short term chat. RCG is a long form medium. They both have their place. I like the immediacy of FB, quick impressions.
Sep 24, 2019, 05:06 AM
FB I find is inimical by its nature to any really meaningful communication. It's much more about the sayer than what is said. So for me the quick impressions are inevitably pretty meaningless, just like when somebody posts a picture of the sandwich they had for lunch. Or 1,000x worse, something political.
Sep 24, 2019, 09:13 PM
been a member since ezonemag.com
there is no more complete and up-to-date forum for modelers
Sep 25, 2019, 05:15 AM
I am honored they picked my quote in the article....RCG is great! Please don’t change anything
Sep 25, 2019, 09:48 AM
Build it, don't buy it
Been here for around ten years, spent some time helping newbies with their issues, and often received help with mine. Only downside to joining RCGroups hit the magazine guys, I have a huge store of RC Mags going back to the 80's, if one looks at the latest dates of these mags, they all stop abruptly when I joined here.
Really appreciate the permanence of my build logs, every once in a while I have to access stuff that is hidden inside the airframe, I can go back and see exactly where to cut to get to that particular part.
Sep 25, 2019, 09:52 AM
Admin Deluxe
Thread OP
I'm with you on this. I often reference my own reviews to figure out how I did something or check a CG. It's always great to be able to access any of that via my phone while standing at the field!
Sep 25, 2019, 09:16 PM
KE Spins make me dizzy.
That map is a bit incomplete. I know there's a few of us in the vancouver area, and I see one user here that's from Calgary - but that's not on the map either.

Makes it a bit difficult to plan a get-together for RC fun.
Sep 26, 2019, 09:51 PM
Soar high, huck low
Nothing but love for RCG. I get to virtually hang out with all of my extended RC family and don't have to wade through the garbage that is rampant on FB. Without RCG it's likely that I would have dropped out of the hobby without other members support to answer questions and keep me going. Because of that I try to share what I've learned with others. I've met lots of great people at events that for a long time were just screen names here.

My one wish, I would love to be able to upload video without first going through Youtube or another host site.
Latest blog entry: Super sized Delta combat wing
Sep 28, 2019, 03:52 AM
Suspended Account
Some 2,000,000,000 internet users do not go to Fakebook, twitter etc.. now.
Sep 28, 2019, 04:29 AM
I had a guy from the German equivalent of Craigslist contact me recently and ask if I wanted to trade my 8th scale race truggy racing setup(servos, tires, spares, 5-6 bodies, etc etc...) for some old stereo receiver stuff. Nowhere in my add do I mention that I wanted to trade anything, let along anything non-RC. I politely responded "no thanks", and he actually responded with "what a shame". What. A. Waste.

That is exactly the kind of c.rap you get on FB etc. Total waste of time and energy. In a forum you are deeper into a particular context, so that kind of thing gets weeded out more. The communication is more in-depth. When the medium is as shallow as FB and co, that is exactly the kind of "communication" you end up with. Which is border-line not communication at all. It is cultural ADD for everybody.
Oct 03, 2019, 11:28 PM
Thelongranger
Faceboook

Quick Reply