Randy Cameron - AMA Presidential Candidate

Here are some words from one of this year's AMA presidential candidates, Randy Cameron.

Splash

Randy Cameron - AMA Presidential Candidate

Randy and I have been stomping around RC fields together for many years. I'm excited to see him on the ballot as the potential AMA president. Here are some words from Randy on why you should check that box next to his name when you see that ballot in your mailbox.

From Randy Cameron - Springfield, Missouri

This is your opportunity to protect AMA's future!

As a candidate for AMA President, I invite you to read about me, what I've accomplished, why I offer the best choice to protect our hobby, and why I ask you to vote for me, Randy Cameron.

Your Vote Counts!

I am honored to have been selected by the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA) Board of Directors that makes up the nomination committee to determine who will be placed on this year's Presidential election ballot. The nomination committee process it a tough one, especially when only three names are allowed on the ballot, and there are more than three candidates that have been nominated and desire to run. I would like to thank the committee for their vote of confidence in me, it is greatly appreciated.

I have enjoyed every aspect of our hobby since my father introduced me to Control Line flying in my youth. I have flown Control Line, Free Flight, IMAC, 3D, combat, multirotors, and sport aircraft among other aeromodelling interests. My wife Fina and I are now teaching our family's fourth generation of flyers.

Over the past 35 plus years, I've held every club officer position in multiple clubs. I have been an AMA Leader Member since the 1980s and later became a contest director. I served as the District VI Contest Coordinator for 10 years, as a District VI Associate Vice President, AMA Vice President for AMA District VI for five years and AMA Executive Vice President for the last two years.

I've served on, or as chairman of, numerous AMA committees including AMA Special Interest Groups (SIGs), the Property Acquisition and Development Committee (PADCOM), and working to further improve AMA Club Flying Site Development and Improvement grants. I have always worked for the betterment of AMA members and delivering better benefits, programs, and services.

AMA members must be protected from harmful legislation and FAA regulation! We continue to fight for your rights to fly, at altitudes we need near airports and beyond. Testing mandated by congress is coming, and we are very involved in that process trying to make it as easy as possible for AMA members, and other recreational modelers.

As a 22 year veteran of the United States Air Force, and a lifetime modeler, I understand the issues and concerns of those that would regulate our hobby. As President, I will continue my work and demonstrated record of protecting model aviation!

Supported by Bob Brown "As the former AMA President, I am proud to endorse Randy Cameron as the optimum candidate to become the next President of the Academy of Model Aeronautics. He has chaired or served on various committees with positive efforts displayed. His honesty and integrity are impeccable. Being AMA President requires strong physical and mental stamina. It also requires family support. Randy Cameron has these attributes. I have seen Randy's efforts representing the AMA in Washington, DC. He certainly handles the situations in a very positive manner. I know of no other candidate that recognizes the needs that will lead the Academy into the future".

Thank you for being involved in AMA and for voting for the candidate of your choice!

• Sincerely,
  • Randy Cameron
  • AMA # FLYRC

Sep 19, 2019, 01:11 PM
Sittin' on a hill
Are you planning on posting statements from the other candidates too?
Sep 19, 2019, 01:13 PM
Admin Deluxe
Thread OP
I'm always happy to support any candidate.
Sep 19, 2019, 01:24 PM
AeroDan
Rich is cool, and now let’s give Randy a shot.
Sep 19, 2019, 06:29 PM
It does not matter who gets in. We have shot our selves in the foot when they added drones to model aviation. There is a forthcoming test from FAA that all will have to pass in order to fly any model over 5.5 ounces. They will be able to confiscate all your models and equipment if you violate any of their lawyer written document that no one will be able to understand except the lawyers who wrote it. Good luck.
Sep 19, 2019, 09:59 PM
Last edited by FoxProGT; Sep 19, 2019 at 10:06 PM.
Sep 22, 2019, 07:37 PM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
Of all the candidates. Randy is the best choice... He was very dynamic as a a district vp and has had first hand experience as exec v.p.

AMA has lost its way with the current leadership ....... our guys as well as many clubs in our area see him as the only choice .... the best choice..

All districs should look at their current v.p.s ... There are term limits and the only reason they are still there is because they are uncontested!!!

If you dont like the eay AMA is going, change the leadership!!! If not, you have no one to blame for the ineptness than yourselves..
Sep 23, 2019, 01:26 AM
AeroDan
I mailed in my ballot last Friday (the 20th), for who I thought will be the best candidate for the job. I was told by some idiot over 16-years-ago, that I “needed to start showing a little dedication”.
Last edited by Bell47G2; Sep 26, 2019 at 12:19 PM.
Sep 27, 2019, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.E
Of all the candidates. Randy is the best choice... He was very dynamic as a a district vp and has had first hand experience as exec v.p.

AMA has lost its way with the current leadership ....... our guys as well as many clubs in our area see him as the only choice .... the best choice..

All districs should look at their current v.p.s ... There are term limits and the only reason they are still there is because they are uncontested!!!

If you dont like the eay AMA is going, change the leadership!!! If not, you have no one to blame for the ineptness than yourselves..
Joyce hasn't lost her way. She's been running it exactly as she wants for decades.

Andy
Sep 28, 2019, 10:46 PM
Fly'em like you Stole'em
I still had my ballot sitting in the kitchen . He has my vote . I dont like the direction the AMA is going . They almost seem like a company trying to make earnings . I think they let the FAA push them around . We are fighting the 400ft rule at our club . Several others are doing the same . They were even wanting us to treat crashes like a real airplane outside our boundries . No night flying now either . BS
Oct 04, 2019, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Kraft
It does not matter who gets in. We have shot our selves in the foot when they added drones to model aviation. There is a forthcoming test from FAA that all will have to pass in order to fly any model over 5.5 ounces. They will be able to confiscate all your models and equipment if you violate any of their lawyer written document that no one will be able to understand except the lawyers who wrote it. Good luck.
Well said and agree.

Quick Reply