Sep 17, 2019, 04:33 PM
BFMAC Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingwoodbarney
Looks like our choice is SAME or MORE of SAME.
Sure does, but nothing new there. The ins that decide who is in the running see to that. Also three candidates typically favors the incumbent, since most that will vote know his name and any opposition votes are split between the other two. In the unlikely event that one of the others gets the most votes, no change in direction will result anyway.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 17, 2019, 04:40 PM
Heath
Quote:
Originally Posted by exf3bguy
The intent of the thread was to let people know there is another option. An option that has the qualifications ( buissness education, full scale pilot ) that some here on RCG indicate would be required. Doing the legwork prior to voting is up to you. I can only assume why he hasn't posted anything here. That being said, RCG is a very small place and unfortunately a quite negitive place at that. If I was running for any AMA office I would not bother with RCG either.
Actual if you want to promote your candidate of choice providing some basic information in a requirement.

Did more digging and now I understand why his statement was not posted in the thread. He is not some outsider candidate with bold new ideas or even a plan at all. Mark Radcliff is just running on a good old boys / popularity contest platform and "change". He is blank slate that you can project your own vision of change on.

"If you would like to see change at AMA and want me as your next AMA President please write in my name." - Mark Radcliff, man without a plan?

"I look forward to talking with you and most importantly listening to your ideas on how we can make model aviation great again." - Mark Radcliff, man with a secret plan?

People are asking directly on his book page what his plan is and he has not responded.

Source: Mark Radcliff Personal book Page

Maybe Franklin M. can help him out with some ideas.
Sep 17, 2019, 05:39 PM
BFMA #13, aka Rogue 13
as far as i can recall, only 1 write in campaign has ever been successful in the history of the AMA.

horace "hoss" cain.

and that was a coupla decades or so back there...
Sep 17, 2019, 07:12 PM
..... no options at the president level. Might as well toss the ballot into the bin.
Sep 17, 2019, 09:39 PM
Heath
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lufo
..... no options at the president level. Might as well toss the ballot into the bin.
So many options!

Randy "Honey Bee" Cameron - Drones, drones, show me your drones!
Eric "Feel the Bern!" Williams - Free flying sites for some, double dues for all!
Rich "Zen" Hanson - Relax, everything will be ok.
Mark "Kicks" Radcliff - Mark's got a quick hand. He'll look around the room. He won't tell you his plan...
Steve "Vinny" Dickson - He knows a guy, who knows a guy. (at the FAA)

Sep 18, 2019, 06:01 AM
1. Writing in someone is generally only useful as a protest vote. Write-in candidates almost never win. Therefore, it's incumbent on the write-in candidate to make the case as to why they are the better option, and why it's worth making a protest vote.

2. While this write-in candidate does appear, on the surface, to be qualified, nothing has been said as to why the other candidates aren't qualified, or why this candidate's qualifications are actually better than theirs. As for "doing the research on my own," see point 1.
Sep 18, 2019, 08:04 AM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
Our choices suck, it just that simple. Just more of the same crap.

Mike
Sep 18, 2019, 08:15 AM
More Nukes, Less Kooks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salin
So many options!

Randy "Honey Bee" Cameron - Drones, drones, show me your drones!
Eric "Feel the Bern!" Williams - Free flying sites for some, double dues for all!
Rich "Zen" Hanson - Relax, everything will be ok.
Mark "Kicks" Radcliff - Mark's got a quick hand. He'll look around the room. He won't tell you his plan...
Steve "Vinny" Dickson - He knows a guy, who knows a guy. (at the FAA)

I have to say this is hilarious. Just a point I have. During our fight with the FAA over closing our field. AMA was almost ZERO help. I said almost. We did most of the work ourselves to get it reopened. That being said, I do believe we need the AMA as they are the only representative organization we have, but the leadership better get the subordinates up to snuff. All these guys could be rock stars, but unless the local officers get any direction they can't give directions-Help.
Latest blog entry: HK B-17 landing gear mod
Sep 18, 2019, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcherbitchen
I have to say this is hilarious. Just a point I have. During our fight with the FAA over closing our field. AMA was almost ZERO help. I said almost. We did most of the work ourselves to get it reopened. That being said, I do believe we need the AMA as they are the only representative organization we have, but the leadership better get the subordinates up to snuff. All these guys could be rock stars, but unless the local officers get any direction they can't give directions-Help.
Amazing just how ineffective and irrelevant they really are. The propaganda they spew out monthly on how much they get done for us is a joke. The organizations membership isn't getting any younger and if there's not a shift in thinking in Muncie will wither away and die.

Mike
Sep 18, 2019, 09:44 AM
More Nukes, Less Kooks
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2663
The propaganda they spew out monthly on how much they get done for us is a joke.
Mike
How true. They probably afraid to admit that AMA Clubs were getting clobbered and they frankly didn't know how to react. The newsletters should have put the fear of God into the members that the threat to our hobby is real and happening now. Instead, they hardly acknowledge that. Fear of spreading fear I guess, but when it is happening to you it is now or never to start getting the membership fired up and engaged.
Sep 18, 2019, 09:47 AM
Quote:
How true. They probably afraid to admit that AMA Clubs were getting clobbered and they frankly didn't know how to react. The newsletters should have put the fear of God into the members that the threat to our hobby is real and happening now. Instead, they hardly acknowledge that. Fear of spreading fear I guess, but when it is happening to you it is now or never to start getting the membership fired up and engaged.
They've completely lost touch with the membership .

Mike
Sep 18, 2019, 11:13 AM
More Nukes, Less Kooks
I think the mistake the AMA takes is that they want to convey to the FAA that it's members are complacent and not hostile. They want to make the impression we are sane and not trouble makers. We are not. After our club got shut down, the FAA only wanted to talk to us while AMA stood on the sidelines. They should have been in the conversation with us, but all in all it worked out for us so I guess we didn't need them. Kind of what the FAA must think of them too. The AMA needs to hire professional Lobbyist, not Hobbyist. That is the true state of affairs.
Sep 18, 2019, 02:38 PM
BFMAC Founding Member
Quote:
How can that be? According to Hanson AMA's actions on our behalf have worked out well. The only negative impact on AMA members' operations that has materialized is the requirement to register with FAA .
Sep 18, 2019, 02:57 PM
Team Futaba
Quote:
Originally Posted by abel pranger
How can that be? According to Hanson AMA's actions on our behalf have worked out well. The only negative impact on AMA members' operations that has materialized is the requirement to register with FAA .
And don't forget needing to take a test designed by the FAA and restrict all flying to less than 400 feet (and possibly lower depending on airspace). So this idea that AMA keeps repeating that we will "continue to be able to fly pretty much as always" is not even a tiny bit accurate.
Sep 18, 2019, 05:43 PM
liquid_courage
I have a write in ballot for ama prez.... ..MIKE HUNT
Mike will make the ama great again. Mike says who cares about the useless ama and faa, just go fly your toys and be happy. He promises as his first act as president he will shut down the ama and refund all dues for the last 30 years since the ama has been useless to modelers for about that long. All hail MIKE HUNT as ama president ��

Quick Reply