Sep 17, 2019, 10:48 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Positive changes at AMA

This is the first step. Those of you that are members and have either received your ballot or will soon, please write in Mark Radcliff. Mark is genuinely concerned with the challenges we face and is ready to take on these challenges. Being not only a multi time US F3A team member and former TOC pilot, Mark is also a full scale pilot with some experience dealing with the FAA. If you want your voice heard by Congress and the FAA please help make Mark Radcliff our next AMA president.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 17, 2019, 11:24 AM
BFMA #13, aka Rogue 13
has he got ANY business management experience?
Sep 17, 2019, 12:08 PM
Thread OP
He holds a degree in business management.
Sep 17, 2019, 01:54 PM
BFMA #13, aka Rogue 13
ok, then has he used it successfully anywhere?
Sep 17, 2019, 02:09 PM
Thread OP
I beleive he has successfully operated his own business for decades.
Sep 17, 2019, 02:28 PM
Thread OP
Thanks Bill however Mark is not on the ballot. Apparently there can only be 3 guys on the ballot so Mark was passed over. My opinion is that was a huge mistake. Mark has a business education, experience as a full scale pilot dealing with the FAA and long time modeler. IMO he is better qualified then the other candidates. I urge all AMA members to communicate with Mark directly. He has an account at the " Book " site.
Sep 17, 2019, 02:53 PM
Heath
So you want people to write in some random guy (who has expressed zero interest in being AMA president) because he ran a business (maybe), did some F3A and once talked to a person at the FAA about GA. This random guy will do something unknown that will somehow be a positive change for the AMA.

With an argument like that how could anyone not vote for him?

If he can't be troubled to get on the ballot, use the publicly available AMA club email contacts, post anything on the RCG himself, or have a website does he really deserve any votes?
Sep 17, 2019, 03:01 PM
Team Futaba
Mark is the AMA District III VP. He is not . "some random guy."

https://www.modelaircraft.org/contact-executive-council

https://amadistrict-iii.com/District_V.html
Sep 17, 2019, 03:07 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salin
So you want people to write in some random guy (who has expressed zero interest in being AMA president) because he ran a business (maybe), did some F3A and once talked to a person at the FAA about GA. This random guy will do something unknown that will somehow be a positive change for the AMA.

With an argument like that how could anyone not vote for him?

If he can't be troubled to get on the ballot, use the publicly available AMA club email contacts, post anything on the RCG himself, or have a website does he really deserve any votes?

Why not do the investigating yourself before making assumptions. I don't expect anyone to take my word for any of this. The intent of this thread is to let people know there is another option that does not appear on the ballot, one that I feel has the right qualifications for the job. Mark has made a public statement announcing his interest and why he has been passed over on being on the ballot on a site that I am not able to mention on RCG without violating RCG rules. The information is available if you care to look for it.
Sep 17, 2019, 03:13 PM
Heath
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-AV8R
Great and how would we know that from what the OP posted? To the vast majority of AMA members he IS just some random guy unless you introduce him.

I did Google search him and found out that he was District III VP but that just makes my point. If he or the OP want people to vote for him they need to do a much better job communicating who he is and what his vision for the AMA.
Sep 17, 2019, 03:14 PM
Looks like our choice is SAME or MORE of SAME.

Might as well write in Steve Dickson, FAA Administrator, and get it over with.
Sep 17, 2019, 03:18 PM
Heath
Quote:
Originally Posted by exf3bguy
Why not do the investigating yourself before making assumptions. I don't expect anyone to take my word for any of this. The intent of this thread is to let people know there is another option that does not appear on the ballot, one that I feel has the right qualifications for the job. Mark has made a public statement announcing his interest and why he has been passed over on being on the ballot on a site that I am not able to mention on RCG without violating RCG rules. The information is available if you care to look for it.
Ok... maybe he needs to make a post on RCG then...
Or you could copy his public statement and post it here...

When I Google search his name and "for AMA president" and nothing shows up he has failed and does not deserve a vote.
Sep 17, 2019, 03:21 PM
Heath
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingwoodbarney
Looks like our choice is SAME or MORE of SAME.

Might as well write in Steve Dickson, FAA Administrator, and get it over with.
Well Steve Dickson does have extensive experience working with the FAA.

And look here is his bio and background: (first result on Google for "Steve Dickson, FAA Administrator")
https://www.faa.gov/about/key_officials/dickson/
Sep 17, 2019, 04:16 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salin
Great and how would we know that from what the OP posted? To the vast majority of AMA members he IS just some random guy unless you introduce him.

I did Google search him and found out that he was District III VP but that just makes my point. If he or the OP want people to vote for him they need to do a much better job communicating who he is and what his vision for the AMA.

The intent of the thread was to let people know there is another option. An option that has the qualifications ( buissness education, full scale pilot ) that some here on RCG indicate would be required. Doing the legwork prior to voting is up to you. I can only assume why he hasn't posted anything here. That being said, RCG is a very small place and unfortunately a quite negitive place at that. If I was running for any AMA office I would not bother with RCG either.

Quick Reply