Sep 17, 2019, 01:41 AM
Thread OP
Help!

Tarot 650 Frame Quadcopter Drone using NAZA M V2 flight controller can't take off

Hello everyone, this is the first time I built my quadcopter drone from scratch.
After assembling everything and setup in DJI NazaM Assistance Software 2.4, my drone still couldn't take off and crashed after I tried to lift it up (please see my video in this post). The motors seem like didn't spin balancing with each other, it makes the drone fly unstable and crashed.
Does anyone know how to fix this issue?
UPDATE 09/25/2019: The issue has been solved. The drone ESCs need to calibrate correctly. After I re-calibrate my ESCs and did IMU Calibration in Naza Assistance, my drone can fly stably in GPS + Attitude mode. However, It still can't fly in Manual and Attitude mode (No GPS). I will keep updating in this post when I solved these issues.
Below is my drone info:
Frame: Tarot 650
Propeller: 15" Tarot 1555
Motor: iFLY IF3510/360KV CW CCW Brushless Motor
ESC: HOBBYWING XROTOR 40A APAC BRUSHLESS ESC 2-6S
GPS: NAZA M V2
Flight Controller: NAZA M V2
Receiver: R9DS
Transmitter: RadioLink AT9 9-Channel 9CH 2.4GHz Transmitter
Battery: 10000mAh 22.2V 25C 6S LiPo Battery
PDB: Makerfire FCHUB-6S w/ Current Sensor PDB Power Distribution Board BEC 5V/1.5A 10V/1.5A Current Sensor 184A 
Here is my drone built and wired diagram photos:

Video Clip:
Drone can't fly (0 min 29 sec)

Thank you for reading!
Last edited by Quoc Lam; Sep 25, 2019 at 02:39 AM. Reason: UPDATING 09-25-2019
to remove ads between posts
Sep 18, 2019, 09:03 AM
Here are some things to check, even if you have already checked them before:
1. Are motors turning in the correct direction?
2. Are correct props on each motor?
3. Are ESC's plugged into the correct ports on the NAZA?
4. Have you calibrated ESC's?
Sep 20, 2019, 10:57 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by syotr
Here are some things to check, even if you have already checked them before:
1. Are motors turning in the correct direction?
2. Are correct props on each motor?
3. Are ESC's plugged into the correct ports on the NAZA?
4. Have you calibrated ESC's?
Hi, below are my answers:
1. Are motors turning in the correct direction? - Yes, I check on the Naza Assistant Software and all the props are turning in the correct direction.
2. Are correct props on each motor? - Yes, they are correct.
3. Are ESC's plugged into the correct ports on the NAZA? - Yes, They are
4. Have you calibrated ESC's? - I did that too but no luck
Any other suggestions you would give?
Here is the info I got from Naza Assist Software:
Sep 21, 2019, 08:32 AM
multirotor lover
Try recalibrate your ESCs.
Are you sure that these motors are suitable for 6S battery?
Sep 24, 2019, 02:47 AM
Vibrations could be part of the problem. You also need to check your pid settings on the naza. To me it looks like your naza is freezing out from vibrations. How do you have it mounted and is everything smooth.
Sep 24, 2019, 02:50 AM
Your wiring also looks like a birds nest. You have electrical connections out and showing all over. Please clean that up and eliminate electrical interference.
Sep 24, 2019, 09:36 AM
Have you calibrated the IMU and compass?
You might try running each motor and ESC up to speed using a servo tester to see if there is a vibration problem or motor not responding properly.
Sep 24, 2019, 02:09 PM
I don't like those folding props, looks like that is causing some imbalance. Also looks like the motors start different and are not running the same speed. It is off balance at minimum throttle.
Sep 25, 2019, 02:30 AM
Thread OP
Hi everyone,
Thank you so much for your comments.
My drone can fly now and I've figured out the issue was from the ESCs calibration. After I re-calibrated all 4 ESC, now it can fly.
However, I have met other issues, they are:
- It flys very stable in the GPS + Attitude mode, but on the Manual mode, it can't lift up, the done motor spin very different and made it flip when I tried to take off.
- In the Attitude mode only, it can fly but very unstable.
Does anyone know why?
Thank you again!
Sep 25, 2019, 02:33 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsswesley
Your wiring also looks like a birds nest. You have electrical connections out and showing all over. Please clean that up and eliminate electrical interference.
Yes, I agree with you that my wiring was so complicated, but that is the way to connecting all the parts together. Do you have any suggestion to make the wiring cleaner? I'll very appreciate this.
Last edited by Quoc Lam; Sep 25, 2019 at 02:41 AM.

Quick Reply