Sep 21, 2019, 03:58 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
I enjoy this hobby a lot. So much so, the last thing I want to do is turn it into work.

If i had any actual experience with GPS quads or taranis TX's id happily walk you through it. could i figure it out? of course i could, ive made it this far with no tutor other than google, RCG and YT.

should we sell the hungry family a fish, or instead teach them how to fish (and trap and forage or farm)?
I appreciate that. I can also figure it out; done it many times before. It's just becoming less of a priority for me. So I either find a master tech to work it out (apparently difficult to find), I do it myself (time consuming,) or I don't get to acquire and fly the aircraft I want (the "do without" option is a crummy forced option that I find hard to accept.)

I can understand that hobby guys want to keep it that way. I smoke salmon that gets many a positive likes. When nearly everyone suggests that I turn this into a business I politely decline. I have turned an avocation into a vocation before and it really ruined it for me. Plus, there is a certain amount of exclusivity to my salmon. If I like you I will give you some freely or in trade. If I don't like you, well.....go fish.

However, here in Sonoma county, there is a guy out on the Russian River, who has made a good living for years selling smoked salmon from the back of his truck along the highway. So that business opportunity does exist apparently.

The funny thing these days about teaching someone to fish. It just doesn't end there. They have to get a rod, reel, and tackle, which costs money, then they have to get a license, which cost money, then they have to get a permit for a fire, which costs more money, and then they have to discard the head and scales properly without incurring the wrath of fish and game, then they have to get permission from whatever entity, either private property or fish and game, to fish that water. That's why I go to a fish market and pay them their price which is cheaper and much less hassle over all.

Doug Stanhope on catching a fish
Doug Stanhope - If you teach a man to fish... (1 min 18 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Sep 21, 2019, 07:02 PM
We are not men, we are DEVO 7e
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodau

However, here in Sonoma county, there is a guy out on the Russian River, who has made a good living for years selling smoked salmon from the back of his truck along the highway. So that business opportunity does exist apparently.
pink truck/trailer with a salmon smoking a pipe between goat rock and jenner? - havent seen it in years, unless its moved.
Sep 21, 2019, 07:32 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
pink truck/trailer with a salmon smoking a pipe between goat rock and jenner? - havent seen it in years, unless its moved.
That's him. 20ish years ago, when living in Cazadero, I would see him all the time. After moving to SR I would occasionally see him out on the coast.

I heard from a fisherman acquaintance that he was selling out of Sebastopol now. I recalled that i had seen a sign for smoked salmon posted on Bodega ave. at around Watertrough rd. so I'm inclined to think he is that guy.

Perhaps one day we can meet, talk RC, and eat some of my smoked salmon. I'm always up for somethin' like that.
Oct 05, 2019, 10:55 PM
!!!SkySlayer!!!
I believe your issue is that you got your new quad copter with a r9mm receiver but you didnt say if you got a r9m module for your transmitter. So the r9 series of receivers use 915mhz if you are in the usa or 890mhz if you are in the eu. Where your stock transmitter transmits on 2.4 ghz, and that would be the reason why you cant bind to your new multirotor. Also Your transmitter you can set up to tell you the rssi when you flip a switch, I think it might only be with receivers that support telemetry but im not sure since I only have tried on my transmitter with a r9mm and the r9 slim plus that are both telemetry receivers. You can find videos on you tube explainiing to you how to set it up. You said you have a x9 transmitter im assuming its the lite? If so I think the r9m lite pro will work. The pro version is what you want its power is up to 1watt and works with the access protocol. I just bought one from aloft hobbys. I ordered monday morning and it arrived 2 days later it shipped out of California. Here is a link. And I hope this helps.

https://alofthobbies.com/frsky-r9m-lite-pro-module.html

If you need help your best bet is youtube you just type in what you are trying to do and there is literally a how to on everything I have wanted to do.
Last edited by G.wayne; Oct 05, 2019 at 11:23 PM. Reason: My 2 cents is free!

Quick Reply