Sep 16, 2019, 07:53 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

What tires are these on my corsair?

Great tires for the dirt but i broke the plastic that holds them on. Anyone know what plastic holders these are?
to remove ads between posts
Sep 18, 2019, 10:15 AM
Short bursts, Don't waste ammo
Who makes that model? Please center the part in your photo’s when you post them.
Sep 18, 2019, 01:51 PM
I doubt that plastic piece is sold separate from the wing, so it's time to get inventive & make something that will work.
I'm thinking a small screw in the plastic, behind the gear wire, would work fine.

BTW, that looks like a 800mm FMS plane
Sep 19, 2019, 08:34 AM
looks as if its a parkzone corsair, if so these will probably work.
https://www.horizonhobby.com/landing...trojan-pkz4423
Sep 20, 2019, 04:47 PM
Looks to me like the plastic retainer that goes on the end of the axle to hold the wheel on is whats broke. Same as used on the UMX P-51 BL. ....Course they don't make that anymore either,and I can''t even find any parts listed for it!
Sep 20, 2019, 06:46 PM
Only Horizon planes I've seen using press on plastic wheel retainers are UMX.
Also, why would he be looking for something like that, since he's already using the metal collar.

I'm thinking mu5tanggt has the answer, but would be nice if the OP responded here, If nothing else than to thank mu5tanggt & then close this thread.
Sep 21, 2019, 01:18 PM
Is that a metal collar on the axle? Never seen that. I thought it was the back half of those push-on plastic ones!......my bad??
Sep 21, 2019, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBee
Is that a metal collar on the axle? Never seen that. I thought it was the back half of those push-on plastic ones!......my bad??
Do you only have UMX planes ?
Those collars with the set screw are very common & they come standard with pretty much all medium to larger size RC planes (most smaller planes use those to)
I currently have 84 flyable RC planes & almost all but my UMX planes, use the metal collars.

Dubro sells those for various size axles.

Here's one size
https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...EaAlN4EALw_wcB
Last edited by Clive66; Sep 21, 2019 at 02:39 PM.
Sep 21, 2019, 03:36 PM
My largest planes are 48" wingspan...but none use those collars. Only been into RC since 2016 still a bit of a novice I guess. Did a lot of static modeling when I was a kid,and flew controlline. Be nice if we actually had any hobby shops around here anymore.
Sep 21, 2019, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBee
My largest planes are 48" wingspan...but none use those collars. Only been into RC since 2016 still a bit of a novice I guess. Did a lot of static modeling when I was a kid,and flew controlline. Be nice if we actually had any hobby shops around here anymore.
There's a big RC store about 15 miles from me, but never seem to have what I want & the prices are too high on what they do have.
I do almost all of my RC shopping on line now.
Amazon Prime has become one of my BFF's for many things (can't believe how fast some things get here)

Quick Reply