Sep 19, 2019, 11:52 AM
Trader Rating: 3
Old new guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant_Scale_Gas
LOL.... The fact is, he is on my iggy list regardless of your opinion.
And I have the time to do whatever I want, thanks.
Nice save attempt, but...scale_only wins
to remove ads between posts
Sep 19, 2019, 12:36 PM
Trader Rating: 11
Aerodynamically challenged!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX
Nice save attempt, but...scale_only wins
Wins by being the most obnoxious? Then yes, you have your winner.
Sep 19, 2019, 01:12 PM
Trader Rating: 229
Old newb
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.slick
That is true but u can buy more insurance . I have found that buying insurance is simply a waste of money anyway since USPS will never admit to damaging a package. I know this because i filed twice myself to no avail. Even had before and after pic's to show them.
Has worked for me.

Lately I find priority is only a wee bit more than regular. Add the more included insurance and it is better.

Last ground package I received was shaken to death with vibration damage and it was only AZ to CA.

In PayPal you can play around to find what costs least too, but frequently now Priority seems to be the best value.

YMMV
Sep 19, 2019, 03:27 PM
Trader Rating: 49
I would much rather shipp by priority. Buyers always seem to want cheapest shipp cost. Sent large box today to CT. Buyer chose ground at $15.00 vs. priority at $39.00. ULtimately all one can do is give shipping options and let buyer make their own decision.
Sep 19, 2019, 04:51 PM
Trader Rating: 174
Michigan To Delaware 2 days. I would of had to drive and would have spent more in gas
Sep 19, 2019, 05:32 PM
Trader Rating: 49
Value of item in package usually determines if someone is willing to pay these high shipp cost. I could not sell a single foamy parkflyer worth $60.00 if i paid that kind of shipp cost. That is why i give buyer the parcel select option of $15.00 Unless insurance skyrockets to $45.00 they seem to be ok with parcel shipp
Sep 21, 2019, 09:30 AM
Trader Rating: 305
-insert witty saying here-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant_Scale_Gas
I simply pointed out that since the OP didn't specify domestic or international, that it could easily be $13 if it were FCMI.
So you too may be posting incomplete and misleading information by not knowing.
Not a chance. That engine's 9oz for just it and the muffler. Throw in the box and packing materials and it is well over the 8oz pricing bump for FCMPI. He'd be at a minimum $17.25 for a price group 1 country such as Canada.
Last edited by Hemikiller; Sep 21, 2019 at 09:57 AM.
Sep 21, 2019, 09:42 AM
Trader Rating: 22
Got 3 words for you. "Will not ship" Join the revolution now.
Sep 21, 2019, 10:15 AM
Old new guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemikiller
Not a chance. That engine's 9oz for just it and the muffler. Throw in the box and packing materials and it is well over the 8oz pricing bump for FCMPI. He'd be at a minimum $17.25 for a price group 1 country such as Canada.
Whoa now, is there really a place for facts and logic here?

#feelzmatter
Sep 21, 2019, 10:21 AM
Trader Rating: 22
How about some Pretzel Logic?
Steely Dan Pretzel Logic (4 min 35 sec)
Sep 21, 2019, 12:28 PM
Old new guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by totenkopf
How about some Pretzel Logic? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXY_DNVFWVY
Brilliant!
Sep 21, 2019, 03:20 PM
Trader Rating: 36
What could I possibly know, I was only in the hobby business and shipped all over the planet for 15+ years.
Did several million in gross sales until I closed the hobby shop . I mean heck, we only shipped 750-1000 packages a week for a little over a decade... LOL.

Stop reading the DMM as if you know something. Many of us get better than those advertised rates you tend to copy and paste.

And for the record, 3-ish weeks ago I shipped a package, a Vintage 1967 Silver Swallow engine to a customer in Winnipeg R3C 0V8
It was 12ozs, FCMI and the cost was $16.39 Had I not double boxed it, it would have went at 8ozs for $9.98.
So..... depending on his location and the destination.... $13 is certainly more than feasible...

By the way, screenshot included shows your $17.25 minimum price, group 1 blah, blah, blah is inaccurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemikiller
Sep 21, 2019, 03:21 PM
Trader Rating: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX
Whoa now, is there really a place for facts and logic here?

#feelzmatter
Sure is, and I just posted it with a screenshot...
Sep 21, 2019, 03:40 PM
Old new guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyn2low
Wins by being the most obnoxious? Then yes, you have your winner.
Hahaha, there is that.
Sep 21, 2019, 08:05 PM
Trader Rating: 141
Build a scale plane already!!!
So easy to

Dwayne Johnson's Shake It Off vs Jimmy Fallon's Jump In The Line | Lip Sync Battle (5 min 43 sec)

Quick Reply