Sep 17, 2019, 05:32 PM
Trader Rating: 102
BOYCOTT SCAMAZON
uncle scam doesnt give a rip, they just make ya bend over further, just like gas prices supply and demand, the more suckers that buy it the higher it gets and their well aware! but cut the head off the dragon and watch what happens
Last edited by lectroglide; Sep 17, 2019 at 05:42 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 17, 2019, 05:49 PM
Trader Rating: 64
I just used Pirate Ship for a second time today to ship a box that weighed 8lb 3 oz and was 12" long x 9" wide x 6" high and it only costs me $12.10 by USPS Priority with signature confirmation and had $100 of insurance free. The USPS site,Paypal shipping and Fedex wanted $20 and change. It was in the .4 cubic foot range and was going to Florida from PA. I went back and did it over as I thought I made a mistake. https://www.pirateship.com/features
Sep 17, 2019, 05:54 PM
Trader Rating: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by scale_only
LOL,, Well having actually used Parcel Select and parcel post and first class (what ever you want to call it) many many many times over the years and never had a item damaged,, I chalk your bad luck up to just that,,, bad luck, not malice.
LOL like they're going to just admit to what they do.... although there are plenty of past workers who have posted the information if one searches various boards and even better yet videos of actual past worker's experiences. Probably about the same chance of hearing the real reason for why you suddenly jumped in to comment on a TT thread for the first time in some time, right after I posted.

Quote:
Yet you're still in business,, must be making money, and writing off losses,, costs of doing business

Nothing you have writen proves any malice on USPS workers part, Priority Mail packages get lost and damaged too no?,, but it does prove if you ship enough eventually you'll have damage or loss,, There's no perfect shipping system, Stuff happens,, crying about is useless
Quite a misinterpretation and less than polite to characterize him as "crying". Seems he's just positing advice based on his experiences. I've had more than a few items shipped to me in the mail over a lifetime. The problems including stomped packages, ones that strangely got bounced back to the original distribution center and then back again, ones shipped on time but received late, were always from shippers using untracked and discount methods. There's a reason they charge more for Priority and people pay, and it's not just speed.

Crystal ball says this post might just be appropriate. Quick, before it actually happens: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...7&postcount=27
Sep 17, 2019, 06:16 PM
Trader Rating: 47
If u want a bailout then u must first meet the stringent requirements of the government. This includes but is not limited to: Must show up in D.C in your PRIVATE JET and be sporting an ARMANI suit and ROLEX WATCH and then take your favorite SENATOR out for a night of GAMBLING
Sep 17, 2019, 07:47 PM
Trader Rating: 36
AND..... Survey Says? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
You are so far off the mark, that if you were a radio system, you just lost radio contact with your ship and reality.

It's funny really, anytime we get a USPS Fan Boy and I post a few FACTS with years and years and YEARS of experience with them, they always resort to "oh you are crying" or some other deflection.
You can make all the wild assumptions that since "you" shipped a few items and had no issues, they must be perfect, which is exactly what you insinuated. Too bad somebody like me has actual experience and can easily show proof otherwise.

You have the YouTube mentality. I saw it on a video, and that guy edited it real pretty so it must be true. LOL!
It is interesting though, I leave this site for 4 or 5 years, come back and you are still nothing but an all assuming argumentative instigator.
You have 9600 posts and (can I make an assumption now?) 9560 of them, rude, insinuating with the whole "don't question me, I know everything" tone. LOL. Some things never change.

And you are now iggy'd. As are all 4 or 5 of your other alias accounts.

Quote:
Yet you're still in business,, must be making money, and writing off losses,, costs of doing business

Nothing you have writen proves any malice on USPS workers part, Priority Mail packages get lost and damaged too no?,, but it does prove if you ship enough eventually you'll have damage or loss,, There's no perfect shipping system, Stuff happens,, crying about is useless
Last edited by Giant_Scale_Gas; Sep 17, 2019 at 07:53 PM.
Sep 18, 2019, 07:02 AM
Trader Rating: 141
Build a scale plane already!!!
LOL, Maybe you can link those allias accounts for us?

Meanwhile, still looking for some, any, the tiniest amount of evidence to support the absurd concept that USPS intentionally damages packages becuse customers choose the cheaper shipping option,,,, Not holding my breath

Have a nice day
Sep 18, 2019, 07:52 AM
Trader Rating: 11
Aerodynamically challenged!
Giant_Scale_Gas...you sir, are my hero. Thank you for calling out what it so obvious it's not even funny. Doesn't take a newcomer like me very long to see certain "members" for what they are...posers.

They pose as many faces, but the truth of the matter is they are desperate for attention, therefore feel the need of superiority to gain said attention and don't mind stepping all over you in the process to get it and may even throw in a mix of exaggeration to kick it up a notch and then talk down their nose at you in an attempt to prove you wrong and silence you.

OOOPS...there goes that pesky passive aggressiveness I've been diagnosed with LOL.

Carry on sir, and great days of flying ahead.
Sep 18, 2019, 08:21 AM
Trader Rating: 76
KV4PL, FAA 107 Certified
Quote:
Originally Posted by totenkopf
Last couple of days I found out something interesting at my Arlington post office. Was getting shipping quotes for the F-86 kit I am selling. If the box total dimensions are less than 108" (girth + length) then it gets the cheaper priority mail rate. Yesterday box was 110" total and price shipped to either west or east was $150.00. Today chopped box down to 107" total and price is $50.00 priority east or west coast.
Who needs that wingtip anyway.
Sep 18, 2019, 08:24 AM
Trader Rating: 76
KV4PL, FAA 107 Certified
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.slick
Just got a rude awakeining from U.S.P.S today While i shipp most large box'es by Ground at an almost reasonable rate, seems they won't shipp ground to certain locations depending on where u shipp from. Example- I just ground shipped a large 6lb. box to NJ. FOR $16.70 today. My second box was 30% smaller and lighter going to Ga.(800) miles closer to me and shipp cost jumped to $28.00 because they refuse to shipp by ground. Priority only i was told.I was offered no explanation for this. Was told to take it or leave it by postal worker.Anyone out there understand their logic behind this? Just curious i guess since knowing won't change anything. Anyone up for making pickett signs and heading for Washington?
Try Paypal shipping. I never get an attitude from them.
Sep 18, 2019, 09:55 AM
Trader Rating: 305
-insert witty saying here-
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpresley
To all who think that shipping is cheap, its not! I shipped an OS FP 20, first class. It was $13.00 plus in a small box. .
First Class tops out between $6~$7, so there's no way you paid $13 for it, unless you went to some 3rd party provider, or bulked up on insurance and delivery confirmation options.

Little hint for you other guys shipping small heavy items - Priority Mail Flat Rate padded envelopes. They'll fit many of the 60 size engine boxes. $8, anywhere in the country. PO doesn't care if it's flat, square or round - if it fits, it ships!
Sep 18, 2019, 10:02 AM
We have all dealt with him for years.
I am not afraid to call a duck a duck. No PC posts from me. Only the brutal honest truth accompanied with facts.
He should have been put on iggy YEARS ago!

Have a great day sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyn2low
Giant_Scale_Gas...you sir, are my hero. Thank you for calling out what it so obvious it's not even funny. Doesn't take a newcomer like me very long to see certain "members" for what they are...posers.

They pose as many faces, but the truth of the matter is they are desperate for attention, therefore feel the need of superiority to gain said attention and don't mind stepping all over you in the process to get it and may even throw in a mix of exaggeration to kick it up a notch and then talk down their nose at you in an attempt to prove you wrong and silence you.

OOOPS...there goes that pesky passive aggressiveness I've been diagnosed with LOL.

Carry on sir, and great days of flying ahead.
Sep 18, 2019, 10:03 AM
First Class International can easily exceed $13.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemikiller
First Class tops out between $6~$7, so there's no way you paid $13 for it, unless you went to some 3rd party provider, or bulked up on insurance and delivery confirmation options.

Little hint for you other guys shipping small heavy items - Priority Mail Flat Rate padded envelopes. They'll fit many of the 60 size engine boxes. $8, anywhere in the country. PO doesn't care if it's flat, square or round - if it fits, it ships!
Sep 18, 2019, 06:22 PM
Trader Rating: 3
Old new guy
Wait, are people saying that the USPS damages things on purpose to discourage using the cheaper shipping methods?

Seriously?

LOL, just LOL.
Sep 18, 2019, 07:00 PM
Heard more than once people here mention not to mark fragile. Seems they know something. These aren't even cases where the shippers making less money, just where the package is marked fragile. Seems being paid less would be an even better reason that this could happen, rather than just having fragile marked on the package. http://www.wacktrap.com/services/pac...re-likely-dama
Sep 18, 2019, 07:01 PM
Heard more than once people posting in TT mentioning not to mark packages fragile. Seems they know something. These aren't even cases where the shippers making less money, just where the package is marked fragile. Seems being paid less would be an even better reason that this could happen, rather than just having fragile marked on the package. http://www.wacktrap.com/services/pac...re-likely-dama

Quick Reply