This thread is privately moderated by probblum, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 16, 2019, 06:25 PM
Trader Rating: 0
Thread OP
$350.00 USD
Buyer pays shipping
For Sale

Lynxmotion Hunter 500mm V-tail Quad

For Sale, Lynxmotion Hunter 500mm V-tail Quad, $350.00 obo.

I built this quad a long time ago, when the multi-rotor thing was just getting started. As an owner of a hobby shop, I was interested in the new trend and wanted to learn more about it. At that time, everything was built and the controllers were sent with nothing as far as programming installed in them, just blank hardware. So the learning curve was steep for an old airplane guy. Naturally, I had to choose a kit that had very limited flight controller options and non-standard programming for my first try.

The model ended up flying GREAT! It was capable of flips and rolls, had quite a lot of power for the day and handled really well in the turns. It could do multiples of these tricks before losing too much altitude and was really impressive. Plus, it looked like something out of the Terminator movie series. It really can't hold a candle to the little racing quads that are popular today, those things RIP! But for such a large quad, it flies with authority. I've had multiple camera styles strapped to this thing and she still flies great. It's proven to be very versatile.

Because this quad was built in the time before name brand quad designed motors were readily available, the motors on this machine come from the airplane side. Still, they work well and are very high quality. The ESCs are also name brand but I don't remember the make of the controller. I remember I purchased it from Lynxmotion as it was what they recommended and is an open source unit. The props on the motors that spin with the thread direction of the prop adapter are pinned with 1/16" pins to keep them from loosening. Also, I made a power distribution block so all ESCs plug in and are not hard soldered for easier service. The frame has had the rear landing leg moved back to the last opening to keep the machine from rocking back and smacking the props. I have also doubled up the forward v-tail arm as the motor wires pass through and reduce the strength of the part quite a bit. It's a reliable flyer on a 3 cell battery between 2100 and 3000mAh and very unusual at the field!

I've seen some of these done up with foam ducts and bodywork to make really cool fantasy scale models. This would be the perfect ready-to-fly airframe for a creative genius. Thanks for looking.

What you get;

Lynxmotion Hunter 500mm V-tail frame in G-10 fiberglass
(4) MPI HC2808-0980 brushless motors
(4) Castle Creations 25amp multirotor ESCs (pack with BEC in one unit)
Lynxmotion specified flight controller
Spektrum AR7600 Rx w/sat Rx
Graupner 9x4 C-prop installed (blk/rear, wht/front)
Graupner 9x4.6 C-prop set of four (blk)
Graupner 9x5 E-prop set of four (blk)
Graupner 9x4 C-prop set of TWO (blk)
APC 9x4.5 set of four
No-name 9x4.7 Carbon Fiber slo-fly style set of four
Bag of assorted spare frame parts
to remove ads between posts
Sep 24, 2019, 01:04 PM
Thread OP
Looks like I priced this quad a bit high. I can drop the asking price to $250.00.

Thanks.
Oct 05, 2019, 01:55 PM
Thread OP
How about $200.00 shipped within the lower 48 states.
Thanks

Quick Reply