Sep 16, 2019, 06:09 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Bang good-Yodel bad

I ordered two action cams from Banggood for a couple of drones recently. After about four weeks I decided to check up on their progress as BG usually delivers orders in around three weeks. On my orders page I found there was a tracking number and this stated that the parcel had been damaged and would not be delivered by Yodel the carrier.
On Yodel site this was confirmed and it said damaged parcels are returned to the sender and I should check with them for a resolution.
I mailed BG helpdesk and received a reply that parcels are sometimes delayed and to please wait another 9 days. After three mails trying to explain that there was no point in waiting as Yodel had said they would not deliver, it became clear BG was having problems with the concept or language of 'will not be delivered' but eventually they offered a full refund. I was about to reorder when I discovered that, surprise surprise, the cams had increased in price!

Long story short I enlisted the help of 'Resolver' ,a free service to help contact and put pressure on bad companies to resolve issues. My complaint was that Yodel had not attempted to deliver the parcel albeit in damaged condition and did not appear to have returned it to BG either. I asked that the parcel be delivered to me in whatever state so I could decide if the contents were salvageable. Since action cams are always packed inside their underwater housings I was pretty sure that they would have survived even major pounding and would be usable for my needs and save me having to accept a refund which was no longer going to be enough to replace the goods.
Yodel replied saying they would look into it and get back to me. After a week I had heard nothing so wrote again. The reply came back that the package had been 'disposed of'.

Now I don't know the legal rights and wrongs of this but I think it's absolutely outrageous that Yodel should decide they have the right to simply 'dispose of' my parcel because they have decided it's damaged. Surely the contents belong to either me, who has bought it or BG, who has ultimately to refund the cost of it to me.
I have had damaged parcels before which have been delivered by Royal Mail having been taped up and placed inside a Royal Mail plastic bag. And I wonder how it was 'disposed of'. I wonder which lucky fella now has two perfectly good action cams which should be hanging under my drones.

Yodel's reputation is pretty poor in UK and after this dreadful experience I'm really not at all surprised. I'm ashamed that a UK company can behave in such a shoddy way in contrast to a Chinese company who accepted responsibility for Yodel's poor performance and 'took the hit' for them.

Rant over
John
to remove ads between posts
Sep 19, 2019, 12:15 PM
Bang good is really bad as far as returns. If you product works its great. Any issues and it seems they might a long and tedious process. Hoping that you just give up. I got a drone that didn't work. Takes forever to come to a deal w/ banggood.
Sep 29, 2019, 06:26 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Sounds like Yodel is just as great as the Royal Shipping that some BG orders have been subjected to. I've seen pictures where foam planes were crammed into new boxes, wings snapped in half, to make it fit the too small box...
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!

Quick Reply