Sep 18, 2019, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenated0g
okay good that's what I thought it seemed like it was going to be a great pump for what I do occasionally vacuum bag wings. Plus I have a vacuum switch on it so it's only really running for a couple seconds every minute or two.
Where did you get the switch. My gast just runs continuous. I would like to install a switch.
Latest blog entry: Builders kit assembly
to remove ads between posts
Sep 18, 2019, 11:15 AM
Thread OP
Here it is
https://store.acpsales.com/products/...www.google.com
Sep 18, 2019, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Thank you
Latest blog entry: Builders kit assembly
Sep 18, 2019, 11:55 AM
Thread OP
no problem it was actually quite hard to track that down and find one here in the US that wasn't crazy expensive or even find one at. but the bonus of putting that time into find it was that I found ACP sales and actually use them for most of my vacuum bagging stuff now.
Sep 18, 2019, 10:38 PM
Quote:
I just replaced my very old ACP switch. Don't pay the crazy ACP markup. The switch is made by Air Logic (air-logic.com). ACP takes the Air Logic switch
and grinds the logo off to try and obscure the source. ACP wants $41 plus shipping. I paid $15.25 plus about $13 for shipping, $28 total.

I ordered from Coast Pnuematics (https://www.coastpneumatics.com/air-logic/). I got part number V510028PTB8510A. That was not my first choice but what they had in stock. That's rated at 10A. They list a 25A version that was not in stock. Makes no difference to me since I only use it to control a contactor.
Sep 18, 2019, 11:30 PM

Air Logic vacuum switch

Here are a couple of pics of the Air Logic switches sold by Coast Pnuematics and ACP.
Sep 19, 2019, 07:56 AM
lurking in the HOLE :)
Off topic.. well sort of.. lol

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...able-seriously

back on topic..

I must check the pump we use at work.... Fairly sure it's oil less.
Sep 19, 2019, 09:12 AM
The Junk Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCV6
Off topic.. well sort of.. lol

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...able-seriously

back on topic..

I must check the pump we use at work.... Fairly sure it's oil less.
Bwahaahah! Funny stuff there, especially the lame claim that the reason is to prevent people from going to other sites when links to other sites are all over this forum. The communist Chinese have banned f a c e you-know-what as part of their censorship thought control. Take a look at who owns THIS forum, and you will find out why it is banned.

Tom
Sep 19, 2019, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_om
Micron level? Huh?

I make toy airplane parts, not inter-orbital stuff for NASA.

Tom
Lol omg funny
Sep 20, 2019, 03:56 AM
I use an Easy Vac PM60 for most of my stuff. Was free from medical contacts. They dispose of them after a certain time for liability reasons. It pulls plenty of vacuum for resin work. Too much vacuum is not desirable.
Nice in that it has a holder for a fluid separator jar. I have several jars for bleeding brakes and radiators, or removing fluids.
Another cheap source is that various industrial equipment contains pumps. Many industrial pumps will provide pressure or vacuum depending on the port you connect to. I have obtained several higher end pumps at equipment auctions, and from air conditioning service machines.
Oct 07, 2019, 10:58 PM
Entropy is happening!
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_om
F a c e b o o k is a Bad Thing to the Chinese, who run this forum for example, they banned it.
Tom
Sorry Tom, but your syntax has me puzzled here.
Do you mean that the Chinese run this forum?
And so, they banned it?

And by the way, I have an oil filled fridge compressor in commission as my vac pump. It is regulated with a home made regulator using salvaged parts.
It has been in use for over 10 years now................I am yet to appreciate any problems with it. I vent the exhaust outside.

Please educate me; what problems am I ignorant of?

Jim.
Oct 08, 2019, 09:05 AM
The Junk Man
1. RCGroups is owned by a Chinese company. The Chinese have banned the word I typed strangely.
2. I have no idea who manages it day to day.
3. The word I typed strangely is apparently banned here. See response #1.

Re: Reefer pump. They work fine, spew oil everywhere (unless you run them dry, which kills them), and from what I read,most people don't seem to vent theirs out side. And I don't have any place outside where I want an oil film to accumulate either. By the way, I learned this literally decades ago by using one myself. So I went with a real, oil-less, vacuum pump and have been a hapy camper. YMMV.

Tom
Oct 08, 2019, 02:08 PM
Thread OP
I thought vertical scope was a canadian company?
Oct 08, 2019, 06:28 PM
The Junk Man
Quote:
I thought vertical scope was a canadian company?
Beats me. i know if certain derogatory remarks are made concerning a certain Chinese based model supplier, they don't last long on here. I had no idea the word I spelled strangely above would be banned, but apparently it is. And the only reason possible is because the Chinese have banned it, and access to it, in the country in which they practice thought control.

Tom

Quick Reply