Thread Tools
Dec 26, 2019, 08:35 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
balsa or carbon's Avatar
Came across this video the other day , 37 gram 3D plane flying inside his house :




Flight home VICTORY 1SL (1 min 17 sec)
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 05, 2020, 10:54 AM
Registered User
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsa or carbon
Came across this video the other day , 37 gram 3D plane flying inside his house :




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGoK...w&index=2&t=0s
That's quite impressive
Yours seems to fly very well too (the ultra-light in the previous post I mean).
I have spotted a thread about a micro YAK (with circular wings, a bit like a nutball) which seems easy to build even for me.

Just, what kind of electronics do you normally use for something that small?
I looked up low weight trasmitters and they do not seem to have normal servo connectors, so I guess they require hooking up to an additional connecting board?
Jan 05, 2020, 12:10 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
balsa or carbon's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by McAl
That's quite impressive
Yours seems to fly very well too (the ultra-light in the previous post I mean).
I have spotted a thread about a micro YAK (with circular wings, a bit like a nutball) which seems easy to build even for me.

Just, what kind of electronics do you normally use for something that small?
I looked up low weight trasmitters and they do not seem to have normal servo connectors, so I guess they require hooking up to an additional connecting board?
For small planes that use normal receivers you can get this power system that includes : brushless motor , ESC , servos , propellers and battery . https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1881...5f141e56N3G7Qe That direct drive motor will work well for medium-to-fast speed planes such as a parkjet . For slow-to-medium speed planes , I recommend using a motor with gearbox : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3279...17a9509frqWHle For use with a 2S battery , select GPS C10 1404 . I have used that power system , it is good quality and reliable .

For micro/nano planes , you can use a "brick" . A brick is a PCB that includes : receiver , ESC and servos .... all built in . For your FlySky/Turnigy transmitter , you can use a brick from a WLToys v-911 heli ..... but you would have to switch the RF signal output from the default AFHDS2A to AFHDS . Your transmitter manual shows you how to do that . If you buy an entire v-911 heli , you will get the brick , transmitter , two batteries , a battery charger , and direct drive motor ( for very small prop ) .
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3295...chweb201603_53
You can get additional bricks for as little as $10 USD :
https://www.amazon.com/Replace-2-4GH...QDVAKDZM6QX1NN
For a slow flyer micro/nano plane using a v-911 brick , I recommend using a motor with gearbox :
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3279...7111509frenNXC
Jan 08, 2020, 05:09 AM
Registered User
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsa or carbon
For small planes that use normal receivers you can get this power system that includes : brushless motor , ESC , servos , propellers and battery . https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1881...5f141e56N3G7Qe That direct drive motor will work well for medium-to-fast speed planes such as a parkjet . For slow-to-medium speed planes , I recommend using a motor with gearbox : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3279...17a9509frqWHle For use with a 2S battery , select GPS C10 1404 . I have used that power system , it is good quality and reliable .

For micro/nano planes , you can use a "brick" . A brick is a PCB that includes : receiver , ESC and servos .... all built in . For your FlySky/Turnigy transmitter , you can use a brick from a WLToys v-911 heli ..... but you would have to switch the RF signal output from the default AFHDS2A to AFHDS . Your transmitter manual shows you how to do that . If you buy an entire v-911 heli , you will get the brick , transmitter , two batteries , a battery charger , and direct drive motor ( for very small prop ) .
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3295...chweb201603_53
You can get additional bricks for as little as $10 USD :
https://www.amazon.com/Replace-2-4GH...QDVAKDZM6QX1NN
For a slow flyer micro/nano plane using a v-911 brick , I recommend using a motor with gearbox :
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3279...7111509frenNXC
Thanks so much!
I will try and get on with a few larger planes now, but I might well start placing an order for some smaller electronics, so they will be with me when I am ready to make something smaller
Jan 08, 2020, 12:38 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
balsa or carbon's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by McAl
Thanks so much!
I will try and get on with a few larger planes now, but I might well start placing an order for some smaller electronics, so they will be with me when I am ready to make something smaller
Keep the flight reports , photos , and especially videos coming !
Jan 08, 2020, 05:50 PM
Registered User
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsa or carbon
Keep the flight reports , photos , and especially videos coming !
I have to get rid of some work in the way of me cutting foam, but I promise I will send a video of the next thing I will fly
Jan 08, 2020, 06:42 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
balsa or carbon's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by McAl
I have to get rid of some work in the way of me cutting foam, but I promise I will send a video of the next thing I will fly
Looking forward to it !
Jan 31, 2020, 12:04 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
balsa or carbon's Avatar
If you are still building your own planes , you can get Depron in the UK http://depronfoam.com/products/ . I have used Depron in the past , but it is no longer available in the USA as far as I know . Compared to polystyrene , Depron is stiffer .


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cool XK A600 4CH Brushless "DHC-2" Scale RTF Plane FyreSG Micro Ready-to-Fly 1108 Jan 30, 2020 07:12 PM
Discussion Hello everybody! Just got my first plane, a DHC-2 A600 McAl New Member Section 0 Sep 14, 2019 05:08 PM