This thread is privately moderated by Artfull dodger, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 15, 2019, 09:31 PM
Trader Rating: 0
Thread OP
For Sale

Scale RC tug boat wanted

A friend of mine who isnt computer savy is looking for a large twin screw tug boat that is water ready, close to it or someone willing to build him one from a kit. Building a massive tug is beyond my current ablities and time(hence why I bought a built Mister Darby). Something like the Dumas Mister Darby or even a Darby. He really likes my ability to run all day on my battery vs his short duration PT109 that eats up batteries quickly. Would need to be stateside to keep shipping costs in check or somewhat close to Indiana so we could pick up in person. Let me know if you have a tug to offer or are willing to build up a kit for a resonable fee. Not looking for super detailed, the stock detailing other than working lights of my vintage Dumas tug is fine with him. I can handle radio gear/speed control install, would just need rudder servos fitted, along with motors and running gear. Working nav and towing lights would be desired. Thanks in advance. Mike the Aspie
to remove ads between posts
Sep 16, 2019, 03:50 AM
Trader Rating: 2
Have an older Darby here in CT if your interested. PM me if you are.

SJ
Sep 16, 2019, 08:41 AM
Trader Rating: 1
Where are you located?
I am thinking of selling my Tugboat (you can see it in action in the videos below)...
RC Tugboat pulls a Canoe! (4 min 42 sec)
Sep 16, 2019, 09:05 PM
Trader Rating: 2

Dumas Mr Darby

Here are a couple quick pics of the Darby
Sep 17, 2019, 08:55 AM
Trader Rating: 14

Tug wanted

Dumas Brooklyn tug ,fibre glass hull lights,sound smoke unit.PM if interested
Sep 18, 2019, 08:54 PM
Trader Rating: 0
Thread OP
I am north of Indianapolis Indiana. He really wants a big twin screw tug for its stability in choppy water. The primary pond we run in is usually choppy and My Darby could have cared less, the narrow boats got a bit more wet from bobbing around in the chop. Not sure how one might ship a monster like the Darby or that Shelly Foss. The Darby, being unnamed would be of the most interest according to him as he could name it for the Darbys twin sister the Mister Pete. But CT is a long ways from Indiana. Not in a huge rush if someone travels thru this area thru the coming months. Talk to me with your thoughts and prices. That is a beautiful Brooklyn tug! But not really what he wants at the moment. I keep forwarding your pics and such to him. Thanks Mike
Last edited by Artfull dodger; Sep 18, 2019 at 09:23 PM.

Quick Reply