This thread is privately moderated by HappyDays, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 15, 2019, 05:54 PM
Trader Rating: 17
Thread OP
$225.00 USD
Buyer pays shipping
Sold

T-28 Trojan- Pica kit built- SUPER BUY!!

I have a very nice, vintage, Pica kit built T-28. All wood, covered in fiberglass and includes cockpit detailing, with "Warbirds Pilot". Plane is receiver ready, needs your receiver and battery for same. Plane has a 65" wingspand and is powered a OS .60 2- stroke- 16 oz. tank. No retracts, but all gear is shock absorbing type.
Futaba servos. Plane does have flaps. No crashes! Plane is an easy, beautiful flying scale model.
I will ship at buyers cost- The size of this plane, requires two shipping boxes.
This plane should be selling for at least $400.00, my loss is your gain, of a very nice model, basically ready to fly. Any shipping would be by Greyhound and be
station to station. Any inquiries about shipping costs, should include the zip code for the nearest Greyhound receiving terminal, near you. Thanks for looking.
(Main gear out for shipping as shown, I will also remove nose gear). Great plane for the price.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 15, 2019, 06:46 PM
Trader Rating: 5
Hey could you check shipping to 65738?
Sep 15, 2019, 11:39 PM
Trader Rating: 24
Fly on Sunday sell on Monday
FYI
This airplane can be shipped in one box/ crate to save on greyhound shipping
You need two boxes and you open up one and tape it together Iíll send you pictures
And youíre going to need a giant bag of packing peanuts
The packing peanuts are about $50 From ULINE.com for a 22 cubic foot bag
I have shipped larger Airplanes the same way from L. A. To N. Y. for 85.00
I charge about 125 to 150 for packing and shipping it takes a lot of work
Just trying to help nice airplane by the way
I shipped a Pica like that in one box
Latest blog entry: Eugene Bullard
Sep 16, 2019, 06:39 AM
Ldm
Trader Rating: 22
Ldm
Ldm
HD
If your willing to meet me in Allentown I will take it 100% requested price and chuck in $25 for gas !!!
My word is golden !
Just met another guy for a reference and picked up a giant scale Zero .
I will Pm you with details if interested
Sep 16, 2019, 08:27 AM
Trader Rating: 5
Thanks for the info, I have received several planes shipped on the bus, they have all arrived in great shape. That pricing seems very fair also.
Sep 16, 2019, 08:58 AM
Ldm
Trader Rating: 22
Ldm
Ldm
I wish the best for whatever works out but I can tell you I would never ever ship a plane with peanuts. Please dont get angry with this post, you can check my selling history, everything stated below is true. Also listed on -off line selling site as shophockeymom ! 100% AAA rated.

I shipped a Pica Fw190, same size as this model.
I build the box with wood trim supports on all corner braces.

Then you line the box with foam board ( not peanuts ) insulation board 2” cut .

The wood strip is in the corner and 25% and 75% of the length of the box .
You now have a compression free coffin framed out.
The model is suspended by cut foam and secured by cut foam , tape never touches the model.
I can move the box 10 different ways and the model is locked just like it was shipped in from the factory as an ARF.
Just my two cents, also make sure that you have a great contact at Greyhound both ways so your pick up is secure and not accessible to anyone in the bus station.

It cost me fed x ground ., company account $200 to ship , Greyhound was $125 but I did not feel the receiving end was secure in ElPaso when I did the deal , so I chose not to go greyhound.
I have no self serving reason for stating these other facts , as stated its a model and may the best situation work for all , its not life or death form me lol !
If the seller choose to ship it , i want to make sure you Warbird 65 get the model in the same manner I would want to receive it.
I wont ship airplanes anymore , I cant seem to recoup time, money and risk .
I sold my FW190 for $600 and cost me over $200 just in shipping ( not packing ) .
Best of luck on what ever outcome is concluded and I hope if the seller ship its you will enjoy a great model . The PICA kits are rare and this is obviously a beautifully build model well worth the money.
Thanks
LDM
Sep 16, 2019, 10:15 AM
Trader Rating: 11
Thatís a nice looking bird.. I had a bud build one and I got a chance to fly it.. really tracked nice in the sky landing was fun with the flaps.. Cool plane !
Sep 16, 2019, 01:41 PM
Thread OP
Yup, a good flying bird!
Sep 16, 2019, 01:42 PM
Thread OP
I have shipped before, but appreciate your input.BB
Sep 16, 2019, 01:43 PM
Thread OP
Yes, it is inexpensive for what it is.BB
Sep 16, 2019, 01:45 PM
Thread OP
I replied to your inqury- I just can't drive a 4 hour round trip.BB
Sep 16, 2019, 01:47 PM
Thread OP
I appreciate the info.BB
Sep 16, 2019, 02:17 PM
Trader Rating: 1
Hello
My ship zip is 14206...I would be ok with Peanut packing
Can you quote
Very interested if your other buyers fall off.
Nothing like a warbird
Corsair813
Sep 16, 2019, 02:18 PM
Thread OP
Looks like $134.00 station to station.BB
Sep 16, 2019, 02:23 PM
Trader Rating: 1
Happy Days
Is your message for me...?
Corsair813

Quick Reply