This thread is privately moderated by Par_18, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 15, 2019, 04:07 PM
Trader Rating: 11
Thread OP
$950.00 USD
Seller Pays Shipping
For Sale

Carbon "CAT 6" Dynamax (29lb thrust) w/ESC---Shipped

Please note if you are into foam airplanes, this fan isn't for you. This system was designed to fly jets designed to fly around 30lbs AUW with smaller intakes where large EDF's can't work very well. Therefore, the intended market for this fan is medium sized turbine jets that can now be converted to EDF with very similar performance as it would have with a turbine.

Also, I will sell the fan alone without the ESC.

Up for sale is one of my fans that I have been testing for over a year now. This particular fan has been tested all the way up to 21s putting out 32lbs of thrust but that was only done to see the absolute limit. As sold, this fan is intended to be used at up to a maximum of 20s. It can also be used as a great 18s fan for a lighter and more economical setup. All of my testing is done using 65c Turnigy Graphene batteries. They are amazing batteries for the price but are a little on the heavy side. This fan is intended to be used with 8ah-10ah packs that have a minimum constant output of 25c. There are many such packs available on the market at different price points. Due to the high voltage, the overall current is relatively low and hence easier on the batteries.

System details
Weight: Fan-4.33lbs; ESC-1.16lbs Total-5.5lbs
Overall length with tailcone: 10.5"
Max width at mounts: 6.75"
Rotor Diameter: ~5"

Performance details (see full test videos below)
18s: 26lbs/153A/10.6kw
20s: 29.5+lbs/173A/13.1kw

What's included
-Fully built and ready for install "CAT 6" fan with TP5870-500kv motor. The only stock park on this fan are the rotor blades. Everything else is either 3D printed, CNC machined, or made of carbon fiber.
-3D printed motor tailcone (will be printed new and mailed directly to the buyer from the printing service)
-Flier model 22s/320amp ESC w/USB programming cable

Safety Disclaimer
-First and foremost, this is a very high power system and must be treated with respect. Care MUST always be taken to ensure that the battery connection is not accidentally shorted. If care is not taken, first and second degree burns can occur (ask me how I know).
-Please realize that you are buying a test fan. This means that it will not be cosmetically perfect and will have some minor scratches on it. It will also have some holes drilled into the rear end of the motor where the rear cover is secured. However, it will function as shown in the videos.
-The ESC is also an earlier version released by Fliermodel and has been used. It will come with 5.5mm connectors for the motor but I will remove the connectors for the battery. I recommend using 8mm connectors and 8awg wire as it is necessary for the high level of power.
-The ESC MUST be mounted in the intake area or be provided a significant amount of cooling to prevent thermal shutdown.
-Test results as shown in the videos are done using a round open intake with a 12" long thrust tube that necks down to a 4.5in exit diameter. Longer thrust tubes will reduce the thrust output of the system. The same thrust tube can be custom printed by the buyer if desired. Please ask me for details if interested.
-If using the 320amp ESC, limit max power to 20 seconds or less with a 30 second reduced power period. A larger ESC will have a better time dissipating the heat. Flier model sells a 22s/400amp ESC that is excellent at max power for the full duration of the battery pack.

Test Videos
18s:
"Cat 4" Dynamax EDF w/TP-5870-500kv on 18s/6ah 65C Turnigy Graphene Lipo's (4 min 29 sec)

20s:
"Cat 6" Dynamax EDF w/TP-5870-500kv on 20s/6ah 65C Turnigy Graphene Lipo's (4 min 56 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Sep 16, 2019, 02:14 PM
Trader Rating: 51
Will build for food!!!
WOW Par!!! Another amazing looking and performing fan unit.
Sep 16, 2019, 08:55 PM
Trader Rating: 11
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by attwooddrow
WOW Par!!! Another amazing looking and performing fan unit.
Thanks bud. Now I just a some buyers so I can make some room for a new jet.

Quick Reply