Both are flight arround 3 to 4 min
And after flight i feel the battery is little hot

And also the front motor no(2) a little hot more than the other

Parts is: 2306/2400kv
Dal props t5045c cyclone
35a 4 in 1 rev 35
F7 fc diatone
Frame 215

Do you think the flight time is normal and maybe i have to change my props to 5040

And the little hot battery and front motor is that normal

Note : wind can be the reason ??
We always here have strong wind
Last edited by brayhi; Sep 15, 2019 at 06:49 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 17, 2019, 07:35 AM
I run 5048 props on a similar power train, and my 4S 1300's come down warm after 3~4 minutes of racing. How warm is warm though? warm to the touch, or uncomfortable to touch. If they're uncomfortable to touch, you've got a problem, and I would prop down a little. If they're just warm, and nice to hold onto on a cold day, you're okay.

Motor heat though... they should come down relatively cool. If the motors are coming down hot, you probably need to tune the quad.
Sep 17, 2019, 03:18 PM
If you're flying at least 3 minutes, that means your average amps consumption is 20C or less, so batteries rated at 95C or 45C shouldn't be getting hot unless they're old, damaged, or haven't been stored correctly (i.e. not stored at full charge or in too-high temperatures).

As for the motors, what protocol are you using for the ESCs -- PWM, Oneshot, Dshot? A different protocol might make a difference to the temperature, and might reduce your amps consumption.
Sep 17, 2019, 03:51 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace12GA
I run 5048 props on a similar power train, and my 4S 1300's come down warm after 3~4 minutes of racing. How warm is warm though? warm to the touch, or uncomfortable to touch. If they're uncomfortable to touch, you've got a problem, and I would prop down a little. If they're just warm, and nice to hold onto on a cold day, you're okay.

Motor heat though... they should come down relatively cool. If the motors are coming down hot, you probably need to tune the quad.
Battery not too hot i can hold it comfortable
Motor only one get hot the other 3 motor they are even not warm i found that gyro fliter in betaflight config is too high it set it at 200 and this was by default i put it at 100 i can put it also at 50 i have no noise or vibration
as i ckecked my blacbox
i could find an error in that one motor is always too far from the other
I am not expert to read every thing in blackbox
I only start a few week ago looking at blackbox after every flight
I think i have to change that motor
Last edited by brayhi; Sep 17, 2019 at 03:58 PM.
Sep 17, 2019, 03:55 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by abenn
If you're flying at least 3 minutes, that means your average amps consumption is 20C or less, so batteries rated at 95C or 45C shouldn't be getting hot unless they're old, damaged, or haven't been stored correctly (i.e. not stored at full charge or in too-high temperatures).

As for the motors, what protocol are you using for the ESCs -- PWM, Oneshot, Dshot? A different protocol might make a difference to the temperature, and might reduce your amps consumption.
My battery still new i do t think its the battery broblem
I am using dshot
I try changed to oneshot but make no differrent
I will try changing motor and props to 5040
Sep 18, 2019, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brayhi
Battery not too hot i can hold it comfortable
Motor only one get hot the other 3 motor they are even not warm i found that gyro fliter in betaflight config is too high it set it at 200 and this was by default i put it at 100 i can put it also at 50 i have no noise or vibration
as i ckecked my blacbox
i could find an error in that one motor is always too far from the other
I am not expert to read every thing in blackbox
I only start a few week ago looking at blackbox after every flight
I think i have to change that motor
Don't worry about the battery then, it's fine.

The one motor is worth finding the issue. Hot motors are usually caused by vibration, oscillation, or just plain overloading them. One motor being hot strongly suggests an issue with that motor. Make sure it's not loose. Make sure the motor bell turns freely with no binding spots. Check the screws are not too long. If you have a partial short in the motor from a screw touching the winding's, you can get an issue like this. From there, if everything is snug, the motor spins freely, and the screws are not touching the winding's, change your props. If changing your props fixes it, great, your quad may not like those props you started with. If that one is still coming down hot, you can try replacing it, but I would look at the tune. The default tune on a fresh flash of betaflight is good for 90% ~ 95% of quads to fly relatively smoothly, without oscillations. If you've messed with the tune, especially if you're new, you may have created your own issue. I suggest flashing from new, and run the default tune for a couple of batteries. Just see if the motor still comes down hot. Look for oscillation while flying, but chances are you'll be fine; any reasonably built quad flies good on base PID's. DSHOT is fine too. I personally prefer multishot, unless you can run dshot1200, but it shouldn't cause your issue.

Are you running in ANGLE or HORIZON modes? That's the only thing I can think of that might play a role in a motor issue that's part of the flight controller. If you do, try to run a full pack in ACRO / RATE mode, and see if that makes a difference. I recall a build from years ago that would run the rear motors really hot, but only in ANGLE or HORIZON modes; the flight controller was causing the problem. Flying the same quad in ACRO, and no problems.

Good luck.
Sep 18, 2019, 01:13 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace12GA
Don't worry about the battery then, it's fine.

The one motor is worth finding the issue. Hot motors are usually caused by vibration, oscillation, or just plain overloading them. One motor being hot strongly suggests an issue with that motor. Make sure it's not loose. Make sure the motor bell turns freely with no binding spots. Check the screws are not too long. If you have a partial short in the motor from a screw touching the winding's, you can get an issue like this. From there, if everything is snug, the motor spins freely, and the screws are not touching the winding's, change your props. If changing your props fixes it, great, your quad may not like those props you started with. If that one is still coming down hot, you can try replacing it, but I would look at the tune. The default tune on a fresh flash of betaflight is good for 90% ~ 95% of quads to fly relatively smoothly, without oscillations. If you've messed with the tune, especially if you're new, you may have created your own issue. I suggest flashing from new, and run the default tune for a couple of batteries. Just see if the motor still comes down hot. Look for oscillation while flying, but chances are you'll be fine; any reasonably built quad flies good on base PID's. DSHOT is fine too. I personally prefer multishot, unless you can run dshot1200, but it shouldn't cause your issue.

Are you running in ANGLE or HORIZON modes? That's the only thing I can think of that might play a role in a motor issue that's part of the flight controller. If you do, try to run a full pack in ACRO / RATE mode, and see if that makes a difference. I recall a build from years ago that would run the rear motors really hot, but only in ANGLE or HORIZON modes; the flight controller was causing the problem. Flying the same quad in ACRO, and no problems.

Good luck.
Running dshot600

For the pid tuning i have only reduce the d gain roll and pitch to 27
And incresing the feedback to 100 for roll and pitch

Yes right now flying in angle and horizon mode but this first time i heard that those mode may cause hot to motor but thank you this a new adea for me

I am in city and have no open area to fly in acro mode i have to go out far and check it will try next week

Here the video where i fly

١٨ سبتمبر، ٢٠١٩ (0 min 46 sec)
Sep 19, 2019, 08:40 AM
Trith_FPV
Angle / Horizon work harder because the entire time you are flying, you are flying against the accelerator that's trying to level the drone. All those micro moments and counter thrusts could make your motors warmer than if you were in acro just cruising.

I fly high end Tattu R-Line 95C lipos and no matter how I fly. A cruise, or hard and fast, my battery's always come down a bit warm. Its 100% normal. I also keep them all at storage voltage. Plus you can verify the integrity of the battery by looking as the resistances per cell. Anything under 10 ohm is superior quality. Anything under 20 ohm is still good. Anything over 20 ohm I would look into replacing.
Sep 19, 2019, 05:44 PM
Hi,
It might be worthwhile to check the balance of the craft along both pitch and roll axis. If you have a significant weight in one corner of the craft that motor will work much harder to keep that corner level and the other motors will be having an easier time. This same issue may cause that motor to max out during more aggressive moves. You can also check your blackbox motor data to see if any particular motor is driving harder than the rest when level.

"Anything under 20 ohm is still good. Anything over 20 ohm I would look into replacing." That should be 20 milliohms or 20 thousandths of an ohm.

Best regards,
David
Last edited by KiwiDavid; Sep 20, 2019 at 12:08 AM.

Quick Reply