Sep 14, 2019, 07:12 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Thread OP
Cool

Carl Goldberg's personal Gentle Lady

For all of you RC sailplane enthusiasts, I thought you would appreciate these images.

This morning, I had the rare privilege to hold and photograph Carl Goldberg's personal Gentle Lady. Yes, this bird was built and flown by Carl Goldberg...one of my model aviation heroes!

The Gentle Lady debuted back in 1980, and is a personal favorite for many of us.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 14, 2019, 10:05 PM
Balsa breaks better
That is pretty cool! Would you mind posting those photos in the R/C Soaring History thread?

Thank You,
Joe

Balsa Breaks Better
Woodies Forever
Sep 15, 2019, 01:59 PM
An historic model, thank you for posting !
Joao
Sep 17, 2019, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplaneguy
For all of you RC sailplane enthusiasts, I thought you would appreciate these images.

This morning, I had the rare privilege to hold and photograph Carl Goldberg's personal Gentle Lady. Yes, this bird was built and flown by Carl Goldberg...one of my model aviation heroes!

The Gentle Lady debuted back in 1980, and is a personal favorite for many of us.
One of my all time favorites! The very first RC model I ever flew and I learned RC all by myself with this plane. My original had a home built Heathkit radio . I have had an over 2 hour thermal flight and over 3 hour slope soaring flight with the Lady. I still remember mixing HobbyPoxy in the kitchen and joining the wings together on the floor- was the only place large and flat enough to do it.

I also won first place in a Soaring contest way back in the 80's and I was up against some guys that were LSF 3 at the time.
Sep 17, 2019, 10:15 PM
Thatís awesome !

Quick Reply