Sep 14, 2019, 06:04 PM
Trader Rating: 33
Richard
Thread OP
Question

How Long To Wait For Payment.

What is the "Customary "length of time to wait for promised payment.

As in: "He said I'll take it." .... Then I Wait ?
Last edited by 14532924; Sep 14, 2019 at 06:19 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 14, 2019, 06:24 PM
Trader Rating: 29
No, you answer him and say you accept his offer and give him an address to send the money.
Sep 14, 2019, 06:26 PM
Trader Rating: 323
I give 24 hours due to time zones and peoples work/vacation schedules after that I send a pm asking if they changed their mind as I have others waiting and I need answer within 8 hours.
Sep 14, 2019, 06:31 PM
Trader Rating: 22
Gentile

Waiting...

I'm looking for good communication immediately. I need your PP info, Iíll send the money tonight or whatever... I agree with no money or no plan in 24 hours and itís for sale again. Iíd actually be pretty disappointed with waiting 24 hours for at least a plan. Itís your sale - turn it off if you're seeing red flags.
Sep 17, 2019, 01:52 PM
Trader Rating: 78
Frankenstein recycled packs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentile32
I'm looking for good communication immediately. I need your PP info, Iíll send the money tonight or whatever... I agree with no money or no plan in 24 hours and itís for sale again. Iíd actually be pretty disappointed with waiting 24 hours for at least a plan. Itís your sale - turn it off if you're seeing red flags.
I agree; good advise.

I recently backed out of a sale due to poor communication and failure to ship on the day promised. After I agreed to buy the item and as soon as I paid he:
1. he was a newbie but I decided to TOFFT as I am a trusting person and really wanted the item
2. he removed everything from the ad so I had nothing to go on
3. he failed to ship on the day promised
4. he failed to reply via PM though I saw his green light ON for 2 days.
5. after I sent a PM for price shipped he upped the quantity to 2 and offered a very good price for the addition

I filed a claim as he did not reply to my PM's for 2.5 days in order to get in front of the line if needed. Maybe I over reacted but it was my $200 that I was trying to protect. In the end I did get my $$ back and hopefully he learned a lesson at zero cost to him (or me) other than some inconvenience.

Rick
Sep 17, 2019, 08:59 PM
Trader Rating: 22
Gentile

How long ...

Rick reminded me of one thing. I make screen shots of the ad before I make an offer. I make sure I got what was advertised but thankfully have never had to use the screenshots because the seller went rogue.
Sep 17, 2019, 09:52 PM
Trader Rating: 126
AMA 72859 Build Baby, Build!
The "I'll take it" post should be followed by a message from the buyer asking for your payment info. If I message my intent to buy an item and know I need to be off line for most of the day, or overnight I state that in my PM. Ninety nine percent of the time a seller is fine with that. A person shouldn't leave you guessing. I think 12 hours is more than enough time for someone to followup on their initial contact.
Last edited by ww2collector; Sep 17, 2019 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Spelling
Sep 18, 2019, 02:19 AM
Trader Rating: 12
G.F. beurling
Quote:
Originally Posted by ww2collector
The "I'll take it" post should be followed by a message from the buyer asking for your payment info. If I message my intent to buy an item and know I need to be off line for most of the day, or overnight I state that in my PM. Ninety nine percent of the time a seller is fine with that. A person shouldn't leave you guessing. I think 12 hours is more than enough time for someone to followup on their initial contact.
Yep. Some folks have no common courtesy to just come out and tell you they changed their mind. As for the rest of them; I have very little patience for those that have no communication skills and/or no common sense so that they will just foolishly disappear on you, to leave you sitting there in the dark to wonder if they are deadbeats or what they are planning. People can really be thoughtless sessa. (spell that in reverse)
Sep 18, 2019, 08:31 AM
Trader Rating: 76
KV4PL, FAA 107 Certified
Quote:
Originally Posted by rampman
I agree; good advise.

I recently backed out of a sale due to poor communication and failure to ship on the day promised. After I agreed to buy the item and as soon as I paid he:
1. he was a newbie but I decided to TOFFT as I am a trusting person and really wanted the item
2. he removed everything from the ad so I had nothing to go on
3. he failed to ship on the day promised
4. he failed to reply via PM though I saw his green light ON for 2 days.
5. after I sent a PM for price shipped he upped the quantity to 2 and offered a very good price for the addition

I filed a claim as he did not reply to my PM's for 2.5 days in order to get in front of the line if needed. Maybe I over reacted but it was my $200 that I was trying to protect. In the end I did get my $$ back and hopefully he learned a lesson at zero cost to him (or me) other than some inconvenience.

Rick
Don't blame you a bit. If someone tells me next day I expect next day, if they say I'll send it on the weekend that's fine to, just do it. If there is a problem as everyone has a life(except for a few), send a PM and let me know whats going on. Not to much to ask, even a caveman can do it.
Sep 29, 2019, 01:07 AM
Trader Rating: 99
Commander Missle Silo One
I think 12 to 24 hours due to work, vacation, just not near a computer for some length of time, and several other very good reasons. Give a guy a chance to pay. Its a good practice to use.
Last edited by vpresley; Sep 30, 2019 at 07:48 PM.
Oct 01, 2019, 09:13 PM
Trader Rating: 222
deanz406
I agree with Sagomon & vpresley about a 24hr time frame. I always give a 24 hr window because of mitigating circumstances as named above. It is the best, most courteous, and respectable way of doing business. Just my $.02-- Dean

Quick Reply