Sep 14, 2019, 03:49 PM
Thread OP
Rant

Petty attitudes will kill the hobby

Seems more than a couple people get a genuine kick out of slamming the reputation of brands in the hobby. I absolutely understand pointing out consistent poor product quality and customer service- after all, money spent on hobbies for me like most, is hard to come by and when I do loosen my grip on the coin, the last thing I want is disappointment and regret. What I donít get is the folks that barge in on someone elseís thread with unsolicited information that serves no real purpose beyond ďdonít buy that one because you can can get [insert whatever other branded version of the item here] which is the same thingĒ
They make no comment as to whether they own or have ever owned either item, no comment regarding customer experience as relates to either brand....
NOTHING.

Most brick and mortar hobby shop owners started their business in a shed, garage or basement- primarily to ensure they and perhaps a few friends had an adequate supply of things they needed without having to wait for the slow boat from wherever. Most of those shops remained small but a few were run by folks that had bigger ambition and goals. Those shops sought out suppliers, purchased in mass quantities and developed a brand that folks would hopefully, come to trust and patronize repeatedly.
Hereís the thing folks...
McDonaldís doesnít raise cows, it doesnít grow potatoes, it doesnít landscape or design its storefronts and Ray Kroc is dead- neither he or the clown are flipping burgers in the back.
Speak your peace if you have info but know when to give it a rest.
Rant over
to remove ads between posts
Sep 14, 2019, 04:19 PM
AND, what Post are you referring to, I did not see one ????

But, I am sorta new to this hobby, I've only been doing r/c boats for 45 years.
Sep 14, 2019, 05:05 PM
Thread OP
Not really looking to call anyone in particular out but suffice to say, there are posts in this forum that fit the bill.
Sep 14, 2019, 06:16 PM
Intermediate Multi
Give us some credit. It doesn't take us long to distinguish between the folks with legitimate complaints and the whiners. For one thing, the whiners have no evidence (posts) with which to back up their claims.
Sep 15, 2019, 01:45 AM
Nickel Belter
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptCB
AND, what Post are you referring to, I did not see one ????
Someone pointed out that Oxidean Marine is offering a rebadged Tenshock speedboat for a higher price. I guess he's got stock in the company. Overall, very disingenuous to talk about 'killing the hobby' when people flipping cheap Chinese stuff has hurt a lot of American RC businesses, like Polk's.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...nator-Unboxing
Last edited by ZZ56; Sep 15, 2019 at 01:55 AM.
Sep 15, 2019, 01:32 PM
Steps? What steps?
My my.......fanboys.

Sep 15, 2019, 07:08 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ56
Someone pointed out that Oxidean Marine is offering a rebadged Tenshock speedboat for a higher price. I guess he's got stock in the company. Overall, very disingenuous to talk about 'killing the hobby' when people flipping cheap Chinese stuff has hurt a lot of American RC businesses, like Polk's.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...nator-Unboxing
Nah, I donít have stock in the company. I wasnít aware that OxideanMarine is a publicly traded commodity. But for all the folks spouting rebadge, what electronics are offered in the Tenshock Mini mono?
What electronics are in the Oxidean Mini Dominator?
I will wait...
Sep 15, 2019, 08:22 PM
It's not. It's a one man show. I used to race against Wilmer back 20+ years ago.

Andy
Sep 15, 2019, 08:43 PM
Nickel Belter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarusdanoob
Nah, I donít have stock in the company. I wasnít aware that OxideanMarine is a publicly traded commodity. But for all the folks spouting rebadge, what electronics are offered in the Tenshock Mini mono?
What electronics are in the Oxidean Mini Dominator?
I will wait...
Looks like they both use the same Chinese-made brushless motors and ESCs.

What's your relationship to the company? You're pretty bent out of shape even though nobody's actually said anything bad about the boat. I hope you aren't getting this angry for free.
Sep 15, 2019, 08:49 PM
Thread OP
Lol
Sep 17, 2019, 09:20 PM
I smell a troll.
Sep 18, 2019, 12:51 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ56
Looks like they both use the same Chinese-made brushless motors and ESCs.

What's your relationship to the company? You're pretty bent out of shape even though nobody's actually said anything bad about the boat. I hope you aren't getting this angry for free.
The TenShock offering does NOT share the same motor or ESC as that offered by OxideanMarine.

This is exactly the thing I refer to. If you donít ask and or donít own either of the two boats- ya should step away from the keyboard.
Sep 18, 2019, 01:02 PM
Steps? What steps?
Quote:
I smell a troll.
Yep, a fanboy troll. Donít feed him, without attention heíll go away. And somehow, the hobby will continue along without him.

Sep 18, 2019, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarusdanoob
The TenShock offering does NOT share the same motor or ESC as that offered by OxideanMarine.
Is that what Wilmer told you, or did you actually measure them to compare?

Andy
Sep 18, 2019, 01:56 PM
Thread OP
Do you have either of the boats?

Quick Reply