Mar 22, 2002, 09:19 AM
Thread OP

flying in scary places

I thought it time for a change from the usual flying places I take my plane to.
I was thinking of being a little bit of a daredevil and taking my electric over water at a lake beach for a thrill then landing on dry ground(of course). Also, to launch it out my nephew's 10 story Dormitory and land it safely far below me. I think the latter would afford me to recover the plane if something drastically bad occured. Anyone flown in exotic locales or taken risks?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 22, 2002, 09:38 AM
Never ever fly where there might be members of the public in the landing zone.

Flying out of a dormitory window and landing on the ground? How stupid can you get.
Mar 22, 2002, 09:41 AM
Thread OP

stupid

Of course there would be no people around, plenty of opportunity when no one's around. I don't fly if it's not safe,thank you
Mar 22, 2002, 09:50 AM
God is good
F & C,

If you want risk, try some of the X-sports (Skydiving after your falling 'chute, catch up to it, put it on, etc). There's no room for risky business in this sport. That's exactly why so many parks won't allow flying any more .

VP
Mar 22, 2002, 10:20 AM
Best I can tell, the best scary flying spot fix is slope flying. Many guys will climb remote hills with little to no landing zone and chuck their slopers off into big winds. There is no risk of damaging or injuring people or property. Your best bet for a landing is a hand catch, or an EPP plane. Try some sloping to get your fix.

Nick
Mar 22, 2002, 10:29 AM
I think flyandcrash means scary for your plane and not for innocent by-standers.

Dauntae
Mar 22, 2002, 11:21 AM
Go down to your local gun club and ask if they'll let you fly on the skeet range That should be scary enough, and fun for everyone!
Mar 22, 2002, 11:36 AM
God is good
Back to my original response, why not fly your plane while you're skydiving. Thrills abound!!
Mar 22, 2002, 11:47 AM
Try my backyard trees everywhere but I do it
Mar 22, 2002, 07:38 PM
Landing ten stories below will make an excellent science lesson in depth perception and aircraft rebuilding.

If you want thrills, practice flying low and inverted over your flying fields runway. Or for real thrill, take Nick's advice and chuck a sloper off a cliff over the ocean - preferably into marginal winds. Now that'll get the heart going.

Pete
Mar 22, 2002, 07:38 PM
This is not really that scary. I fly my tigermoth from my backyard all the time. There's plenty of room in the yard to take off and land but not enough to turn around or do touch & go's. I've only had to get the boat out once. Am going to try some floats.

BC
Last edited by Basketcase; Mar 22, 2002 at 07:41 PM.
Mar 22, 2002, 07:50 PM
Registered Snoozer
Fly in scary places, me?
Mar 22, 2002, 07:52 PM
Registered Snoozer
Oh, and by the way, Basketcase, after seeing your backyard, I only have one thing to say: I HATE YOU!!

Neil
Mar 22, 2002, 11:23 PM
Hi Neil, thanks... I think. You've got some might pretty scenery in your picture.

Here's a pic from out your way that probably wouldn't scare anybody.
Mar 22, 2002, 11:26 PM
Real Men Fly Pink Planes...
scary...naw, pretty yueah

Quick Reply