Thread Tools
Sep 14, 2019, 05:41 AM
Scale RC Plane Lover
julescrafter's Avatar
Thread OP
Download

Scale F-4 Phantom 1000mm (plans)


I design the plans an build because I want to have it, but unfortunately I don't have the electronic set up to make it fast enough.
It's big and it's slow but it looks scale. I think It potentially can be a awesome plane if you have the right set up of power plant.
I attached the plans and decal below

cheers
Julius



Specs :
1. Wingspan 100 cm / 39.4 inches
2. Flying weight 1300 gram - 45.9 oz
3. Wing loading 35 gram/dm2 - 11.5 oz/sq.ft
4. Wing cube loading 5.8
5. Wing Area 37 dm2 - 574 sq.in

Electronics
1. Any configuration with 10 inch prop max
2. Use for testing :
- Turnigy 2830 1000kv motor
- ESC 40A
- Battery Lipo 3S 2200mah / Li-ion 3S 3300 mah
- 2 metal gear 9 gram servos
- 3 plastic gear 9 gram servos
- Propeller : 9x4x3 / 10x5

Materials :
1. 5mm Depron/ Polyfoam
2. 3mm Plywood
3. 0.3mm Mica Plastic
4. 3mm & 2.5mm wire / wheel spoke
5. 30 cm 0.5 Aluminum / Bamboo Chopstick
6. 3 x 40 cm 1mm wire pushrod
7. Parchment paper

Build video :
Membuat Pesawat Remote F-4 Phantom (Build & Fly) (1 hr 53 min 17 sec)


Build Instructions :
http://paper-replika.com/index.php?o...&Itemid=207908
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 14, 2019, 06:37 AM
Registered User
That is a fine looking aircraft, well done.
Sep 14, 2019, 06:43 AM
Scale RC Plane Lover
julescrafter's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangermouse650
That is a fine looking aircraft, well done.
Thanks
Sep 14, 2019, 06:50 AM
Registered User
Love the pusher drive howl. That having the prop close to a tail surface can create. Sounds like a turbine at W O T on some models.

My large GWS jet was a very high KV motor. It screamed like a jet. 4300 kv
Sep 14, 2019, 07:25 AM
Scale RC Plane Lover
julescrafter's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops2
Love the pusher drive howl. That having the prop close to a tail surface can create. Sounds like a turbine at W O T on some models.

My large GWS jet was a very high KV motor. It screamed like a jet. 4300 kv
wow, 6S battery?
Sep 14, 2019, 07:52 AM
An itch?. Scratch build.
eflightray's Avatar
Beautiful model, great flier.

Build them big, build them light, they fly at a more realistic speed, (watch full size jet videos of an air display, they're not colored blurs screaming across the sky, you actually see the pilots). Use prop power they use less power and they fly for longer than EDF.

Ray.
Sep 14, 2019, 08:10 AM
Registered User
GWS F-15 kit.

Only used the white foam parts. Converted to the single 30 mm 4300 KV brushless. Motor & all rc equipment was taped to underside of Taped together plane. It also had a 1/8 " shaft to the tail with APC racing prop on the end Tossef it in 3' high Orchard Grass to get a perfect glide. The assembled the pla ne. It went straight up from a hover power setting. No risk to me or plane. A hover guy loved it too much. HOWL ? tach read 67000 tied down. & 6" prop . Props lasted about 15 flights before white stress areas appeared.

I used 4 SS 1/8" shaft support bearings to prevent shaft wiping around. Shaft was about 14"

Oddity was the prop noise ...REDUCED ….as speed increased . I am sure the prop was exceeding my hearing range. I could never feel safe with it. Better pilots flew it A 123 cells to prevent a field fire if crashed . about 15 ounces / S F
Last edited by cyclops2; Sep 14, 2019 at 08:18 AM.
Sep 14, 2019, 10:32 AM
Scale RC Plane Lover
julescrafter's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by eflightray
Beautiful model, great flier.

Build them big, build them light, they fly at a more realistic speed, (watch full size jet videos of an air display, they're not colored blurs screaming across the sky, you actually see the pilots). Use prop power they use less power and they fly for longer than EDF.

Ray.
Oh I'm glad that I'm not the only thinking like that. Thanks for the comment Ray
btw beautiful jet
Sep 14, 2019, 08:30 PM
Registered User
The motor runs on 4...... 3.2 vdc A123 LIFEPO4 Cells..... Do not let a 6 " prop deceive you on NOT generating excessive thrust. It is far more than a stock EDF. Equals 2 of the supplied EDFs. At much lower power inputs. Lose of fingers is a real risk. I stay very alert on take offs. VTOs are done at minimum power to get above my head.

It looks like the WW II POGO taking off.
Last edited by cyclops2; Sep 14, 2019 at 08:36 PM.
Sep 15, 2019, 03:57 AM
Scale RC Plane Lover
julescrafter's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops2
The motor runs on 4...... 3.2 vdc A123 LIFEPO4 Cells..... Do not let a 6 " prop deceive you on NOT generating excessive thrust. It is far more than a stock EDF. Equals 2 of the supplied EDFs. At much lower power inputs. Lose of fingers is a real risk. I stay very alert on take offs. VTOs are done at minimum power to get above my head.

It looks like the WW II POGO taking off.
I see it's 4S, thanks
Sep 15, 2019, 07:29 PM
Build, crash...repeat
AleRRon's Avatar
Julius
Your modeling is incredible! VERY well done and SO scale. I didnít think you could create such a excellent scale model with sheet foam.
Itís an excellent flyer too. Looks great in the air. Iím curious, how many hours of build time goes into something like this?
Sep 16, 2019, 12:16 AM
Scale RC Plane Lover
julescrafter's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleRRon
Julius
Your modeling is incredible! VERY well done and SO scale. I didnít think you could create such a excellent scale model with sheet foam.
Itís an excellent flyer too. Looks great in the air. Iím curious, how many hours of build time goes into something like this?
Thank you, about 50 hours, work everyday, except saturday finished in 2 weeks. But that's not include time for designing the plans.
Sep 16, 2019, 12:07 PM
Sokol
JureZ's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops2
GWS F-15 kit.
... Oddity was the prop noise ...REDUCED Ö. as speed increased . I am sure the prop was exceeding my hearing range. I could never feel safe with it. Better pilots flew it A 123 cells to prevent a field fire if crashed . about 15 ounces / S F

most likely the prop was stalled at low airspeed,

the noise was reduced as airspeed increased and the prop started "biting" properly ...
Sep 16, 2019, 08:16 PM
Registered User
Ralph A. D'Amelio's Avatar
Beautiful, absolutely beatiful!

Loved the F4 must have built 6 of them full body using Depron and then Dollar Store foam board with paper removed from outside only.

Notice my sign in picture.

Two of the many pusher jets i built over 10 years or more

I plan to build yours this winter or sooner!
Last edited by Ralph A. D'Amelio; Sep 16, 2019 at 08:35 PM.
Sep 17, 2019, 02:32 AM
Scale RC Plane Lover
julescrafter's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph A. D'Amelio
Beautiful, absolutely beatiful!

Loved the F4 must have built 6 of them full body using Depron and then Dollar Store foam board with paper removed from outside only.

Notice my sign in picture.

Two of the many pusher jets i built over 10 years or more

I plan to build yours this winter or sooner!
Thank you very much, looking forward to see your build
Last edited by julescrafter; Sep 17, 2019 at 04:10 AM.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Sunset Models F-4 Phantom 1/10 scale Kit Quality notime_3001 Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 3 Oct 26, 2018 09:01 AM
Yippee! Enlarged Plans for 6mmFlyRC F-4 Phantom Added!! LBMiller5 Pusher Prop Jet Models 4 Sep 09, 2017 03:09 PM
Build Log F-4 Phantom SA 35mm powered Video and Plans added sloperjoe Micro EDF Jets and Power Systems 38 Jan 18, 2013 03:02 AM
Help! AERC F-4 Phantom Plans? Flyin Brick Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 79 Jul 05, 2007 01:24 AM