Sep 14, 2019, 01:16 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Flymentor 3D Stabilization System

I saw this on HobbyKing

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/flymento...on-system.html

Wrote this on theyre discussions area as they at least used to offer theyre community points for answering questions and thought I could get someone points but was told I didnt have permission to post there... Weird. Anyway here is the ? Is this the main unit an Rx? I dont presume it is as I see no antenna. Would I add my own Rx? Could I use say a 900mhz long range FrSky with it? What about a Micro Rx? Could I use it without the proximity detector (ground camera) and could the camera be double duty for FPV? Lots of questions that may be hard to answer I understand. Thanks.
Last edited by Brianmh13; Sep 14, 2019 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Shared URL
to remove ads between posts
Sep 14, 2019, 04:01 AM
hello
if you go to the FILES tab on that product page, you can download the manual and other assorted info.
It's an old product in a rapidly changing market. It works, but it's certainly not great.
You need a separate receiver.
The ground sensor won't double as an FPV cam.
There are dedicated threads on this forum and at Helifreak where you can read all about the trials and tribulations of those who bought one.
Sep 14, 2019, 12:22 PM
Thread OP
Thanks Mono
Sep 16, 2019, 12:57 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
It's a very old technology that was designed for use on flybar helicopters. It's really intended only as a training aid to make a helipoter hover stationary at low altitude. I believe that it can adapted to work on flyberless heli but it's very outdated technology and extremely limited compared to modern GPS systems.

Quick Reply