This thread is privately moderated by rcdude01, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 13, 2019, 03:26 PM
Trader Rating: 144
Thread OP
$125.00 USD
Will not ship
Sold

RES woody sailplane (mystery plane) LOWERED PRICE

Selling this cool woody RES 100 inch sailplane. No idea what this is! Suspect it is either some obscure scratch build, a kit bash or a unique one off design. All balsa and ply construction, plug in wings and full flying horizontal stab, very light. Three standard servos installed. Great flyer! Asking $125 local pick up.
Last edited by rcdude01; Sep 14, 2019 at 02:48 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 13, 2019, 05:38 PM
Trader Rating: 86
Geppetto

Do we have a winner in the name game?

RCDude,

I'm going to go out on a short limb and suggest that the model you are offering is an Airtronics "Sagitta 900".

These are a couple of shots I pulled off of RCG. Kudos to the original builder of this one as it is a beauty too.

GLWTS!

Geppetto
Sep 13, 2019, 05:49 PM
Trader Rating: 1
I was going to guess Airtronics Sagitta too but, you'll note the fin isn't shaped the same. Could simply be that the builder changed the design? Otherwise I agree.
Sep 13, 2019, 06:29 PM
Thread OP
I have owned and build many Sagittas, this is most definitely NOT a Sagitta. But thanx for the input.
Sep 13, 2019, 06:58 PM
Trader Rating: 12
Segelflugzeug esgeht nach oben
Yep...not a Sagitta.
Was thinking a Sig Riser 100.
Then I noticed the LE looks sheeted and not open bay.
And no split rudder.
Modified?
Sep 13, 2019, 07:07 PM
Thread OP
I'm a woody sailplane guy from way back, I got nothing on this bird, something unique.
Sep 13, 2019, 07:51 PM
Trader Rating: 5
I'm going to guess a Top-Flite Metrick.
Sep 13, 2019, 08:04 PM
Trader Rating: 49
Nope... Bridi windsurfer 100 without the goofy canopy. Are the plug in recepticals made from two pieces of routed spruce glued together? Bridi... The tail looks very cleaned up though.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-meter-floater

https://aerofred.com/details.php?image_id=92007
Last edited by rsrguy3; Sep 13, 2019 at 08:16 PM.
Sep 13, 2019, 08:57 PM
Thread OP
Metrik is a 2m this is 100inch
Sep 13, 2019, 11:37 PM
Geppetto
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcdude01
I have owned and build many Sagittas, this is most definitely NOT a Sagitta. But thanx for the input.
Yea, I resemble your statement too. Didn't stop me from taking a shot at identifying your bird. The pict's in the shop is my Sagitta 900, one after covering and one of the wings after spraying. And, I'll say that the wing profile still looks strikingly similar, but so do a lot of two meter ships from the day. Looking at my fuse profile one notices that the nose is shorter than your ship and banning any repairs to the nose...not a Sagitta. So, splash one on a Sagitta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccraigb
I'm going to guess a Top-Flite Metrick.
The pict of the ship on the grass is my Metric. This one is definitely not a Metric.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsrguy3
Nope... Bridi windsurfer 100 without the goofy canopy. Are the plug in recepticals made from two pieces of routed spruce glued together? Bridi... The tail looks very cleaned up though.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-meter-floater

https://aerofred.com/details.php?image_id=92007
rsrguy3, you made a very convincing presentation. I overlooked that sneaky Joe Bridi guy, noted for so many great power ships of his day, one forgets that he also slipped a few quiet designs in between his slimers. I guess like a nagging wife, sometimes you just want to turn the noise off.
Good work Joe! And, good work rsrguy3!

Isn't this a great community? When great minds come together? Ok, admittedly, mine has gotten some light rust in the crainial rocker panels floor boards and door jams over the years so I will exclude myself from the mental accolade in the above comment. But, the rest of you guy's? Genius!

Geppetto
Sep 14, 2019, 08:51 AM
Thread OP
That Sagitta is a work of art!
Sep 14, 2019, 09:46 AM
In any case Dude, if I was going to be in your neighborhood over the next month I'd be your guy... Sadly no plans for a socal trip any time in the foreseeable future. I will say this for any of the potential buyers on the fence... I had the 2m version at one point and it flew amazingly well, I actually liked its flight behavior better than the GL. This particular bird has a very nicely modded tail which was one of my original turn offs, the goofy canopy was the other.
Sep 14, 2019, 10:44 AM
Thread OP
The "goofy canopy" is less canopy and more radio compartment hatch/cover reminiscent of the Olly 2, the fuse is a simple rounded box.
Sep 14, 2019, 02:27 PM
I was referring to the original bridi windsurfer design. Yours does not have it, and many were built without them, if you check out the links you'll see what I meant.
Sep 14, 2019, 09:45 PM
Geppetto
rcdude01,

Thank you for the kind words.

Geppetto

Quick Reply