NashBro 2019!

The 16th Nashbro is coming! Pilots from around the USA will descend on Leipersfork, TN for flying, fun and Southern hospitality!

Splash

16 Years of NashBro!

I write a lot of articles on RCGroups about a lot of events. The difference with this one is that it's my event! When I hosted the first one I had no idea what I was doing. I have taken my lack of knowledge from 16 years ago and just kept running! I realized quickly all the things we didn't have really appealed to the Profile Brothers.

Events We Won't Have

• No noon-time demos
  • No daily raffles
  • No landing fees
  • No rules about hovering over the runway
  • And much, much less!

Thanks to ZAP CA Glue!

For the first time ever NashBro has a sponsor. I was contacted by the fine folks at Zap Glue and they asked what they could do. I had to verify he meant my event because no one has ever asked me anything like that...ha! I have Zap package for the pilots (first come first serve) and some Zap banners to help mark the main line.

Watch this video by Jason Cole to get the real NashBro vibe (music by Pro Bro Stumpy)...

Nashbro 2013 ProBro Song Video (3 min 40 sec)

The Profile Brotherhood started out as a handful of RC pilots that were crazy about profile planes. We stick-built and hand covered our own creations. For a while there you could buy some nice profile ARFs but it seems like these days the guys are back to building their own.

Nashbro - Just for Profiles?

The Pro Bros have aged over the last 16 years (about 16 years worth of aging) and each year I see other kinds of planes sneaking into the sky.

To date I have seen:

• Warbirds
  • Sailplanes
  • DLGs
  • FPV
  • Quadcopters
  • and more!

Thanks to Bryce and Lize Custer

Bryce is the guy that actually took the time to teach me to fly RC way back when. I wandered up to the local flying field with my infant daughter in my hands just hoping I could meet someone and get help in learning the hobby. Bryce said when he saw me he immediately thought, "A hippy has stolen a baby!" Bryce and I have been good friends since then and when it was time to host my first event I called him. He mows, I get the AMA insurance, he secures the porta-johns and firewood, I design the tshirts and on it goes. We have been doing this so long that it really isn't stressful anymore. Some years it rains but we know the farmer next to the airfield is happy to get his tractor out and unstick any vehicle.

Come on Out

If you are nearby and looking to have some fun come see us. You can bring whatever you want (as long as it can take off out of a pasture) or your can bring a lawn chair. Long rambling conversations interrupted by BBQ, bonfires and other fun, are always going on up and down the field. We would love to have you!

The 2019 NashBro Guarantee

• 30% more "flying it like you stole it!"
  • 15% more crashing
  • .04% more bonfire
  • 52.3% more fun

Sep 13, 2019, 11:37 PM
c/f
c/f
Always my first vacation request of the year, lots of flying, its like 3D boot camp to push you to another level, Remember your only as good as who you fly with. Every year brings another "NEVER HAPPENED" story to tell the grandkids. Google Puckets grocery store, TN . A small town hidden gem...........
See you soon Jimmy T...
Latest blog entry: RePowa
Sep 19, 2019, 09:17 PM
Bummed I can't make it this year. It's always a blast though!!!
Sep 20, 2019, 10:09 AM
I wish I could teleport myself and planes! Gonna try to plan for next year with Bro DoinkedIT and any others that wanna tag along
Sep 20, 2019, 01:49 PM
Man I want to go . Will they sell profile planes there?
Sep 23, 2019, 08:30 AM
Thread OP
There is almost always planes for sale from the pilots. These are usually all hand-built and great birds! To reiterate, you can fly what you have.
Sep 23, 2019, 08:55 AM
Best event ever! Someday, I might actually be able to fly 3D, but until then, I know the guys don't mind my gliders at all! Prepare for a good time!
Sep 23, 2019, 11:29 AM
I hope they donít mind stol planes and one 3D foamie
Sep 23, 2019, 12:18 PM
Thread OP
All are welcomed!
Sep 24, 2019, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afair37
I hope they donít mind stol planes and one 3D foamie
First year I went, all I had was gliders. Nothing but open arms, and a couple bros set me up with a couple profile planes for under $150.

As for foamies, you see a bunch. The Value Hobbies Giles 202 is a popular model, designed by ProBro Spazz. I built one about 2 months ago, and it really built my confidence!
Sep 27, 2019, 08:34 PM
And You're Not
At one time, Puckett's had over 50 different kinds of beer. Just sayin.
Sep 30, 2019, 07:55 PM
Great pics! Thank you for posting.

Quick Reply