I Passed the FAA Part 107 Recurrent Test with UAVGroundSchool.com

UAVGroundSchool.com helped me pass the FAA Part 107 Recurrent Exam with a 98% score!

Splash

UAVGroundSchool.com Online Training

You may or may not know that two years ago I logged on to UAVGroundSchool.com to check out their online training for the Part 107 Knowledge Test. I passed with flying colors and really enjoyed the format and all the tools available to help understand the subject matter. It's a fantastic resource that you can use at home or anywhere with internet access. Click here to see my article about that experience.

Two years later and it was time for me to take the Recurrent Test in order to keep flying under Part 107. If you know anything about the knowledge test, you know there is a ton of general aviation related topics included that have nothing to do with flying drones and you are likely to forgot much of the information needed to pass the recurrent test. That's another reason to love UAVGroundSchool.com as you get access for life and they have a course specific for the recurrent test. This test is only 40 questions, but it does leave out questions regarding weather, loading and performance, aeromedical and radio topics. The Recurrent Course only covers what you need to know for this test and it again uses the same intuitive format as the initial course.

I went through the topics and took a practice test a few times before heading to the exam. I passed with a 98% score and only missed one question. If you haven't taken your Part 107 test yet or want to study up for your renewal, then you need to consider UAVGroundSchool.com as the best online training you can get. It worked for me and it will work for you.

Check out the Gold Seal UAVGroundSchool website here

Sep 18, 2019, 07:23 AM
Is the FAA certificate required for flying any RC aircraft or is it specific to certain aircraft and operation? If you are a roofer and use a drone to do visual inspections, or if you fly park flyers is it required? I'm not opposed to it just curious.
Sep 18, 2019, 08:47 AM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
It applies for for any RC aircraft over .55lbs and under 50lbs when flown for a commercial purpose. If flying for recreation only, there is no need for the FAA Drone Certificate.
Sep 18, 2019, 01:00 PM
WJH
WJH
B747-400 First Officer
Trying to make money with a drone is like trying to be a professional photographer. Everyone thinks they can buy their own drone and do the work, and for the most part, they are correct.
Sep 19, 2019, 12:26 AM
Using FAA data, roughly 73% of existing 107 holders have not taken their currency test.

https://www.suasnews.com/2019/09/rec...mbers-down-73/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sep 23, 2019, 06:40 PM
I am waiting for the ridiculous price of recurrent testing to come down or be eliminated. Having to pay the same amount every 2 years. even the DMV only renews every 4. I will pay my AMA dues with the money instead of the FAA at this point. Too many "illegal" Real Estate people for me to make any money in this area.
Sep 23, 2019, 06:42 PM
I do like the GoldSeal training. Went to Atlanta Hobby for training and it was a blast-the gentleman in the video is Cliff's neighbor so got to meet him and wear my Gold Seal hat for a video!
Sep 24, 2019, 08:34 PM
Just an FYI, but as the FAA has yet to develop any type of drone specific training requirements, that gold seal, or any other course ďcertificationĒ, is meaningless. As of this time the only thing the FAA recognizes is passage or failure of the 107 test.

We can pretty much bet the first recognized course certification process will be awarded to Flight Safety International.

Sep 27, 2019, 10:05 AM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatR
Using FAA data, roughly 73% of existing 107 holders have not taken their currency test.

https://www.suasnews.com/2019/09/rec...mbers-down-73/

Wow thatís a really high number. But Iím not really surprised.

Dave
Sep 27, 2019, 02:30 PM
WJH
WJH
B747-400 First Officer
Getting and renewing the 107 was absolutely free for me, not counting my investment in all of my part 61 pilot licenses and ratings. From a real world FAA pilots perspective, the 107 license is an absolute joke. The real reason behind it was a power grab by the FAA, the actual license is a dog and pony show.
Oct 01, 2019, 04:44 PM
NiCd + Mabuchi 550 was da bomb
Pffft, all FAA writtens are a joke
Oct 07, 2019, 01:09 AM
Youíve probably never taken the airframe & power plant or B-727 FEX writtens.

Quick Reply