Sep 12, 2019, 07:13 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

My Drone Days are OVER!

Another one bites the dust. I have been beaten by the system. Canadian laws have ended my droning fun, which has ended my RC Fun.

This has cost me a ton of money I will never recoup, I am depressed.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 13, 2019, 02:18 AM
Just saying, but with only 2 posts in the past year, it couldn't have played a big part in your life, so no big loss in my mind.
Sep 13, 2019, 08:23 AM
Id like to hear what your flying ,,for how long and what the problem has been.. I don't think Canadian laws have included banning drones.. At least not yet.
Last edited by mat60; Sep 13, 2019 at 08:43 AM.
Sep 13, 2019, 09:35 AM
Not too many people engage in a hobby expecting to “recoup” their investment. Perhaps you might consider taking up golf, where golf clubs are expensive, balls are constantly lost and replaced, pay the course fees, and rent golf carts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sep 13, 2019, 11:12 AM
I have several addictions: RC, golf, and sports cars. Guess which one is the cheapest? And I don't expect to break even on any of them.
Sep 13, 2019, 11:39 AM
Shooting sports are another that are “disposable” income intensive.

Sep 13, 2019, 04:47 PM
FA3PR9WM79
In less that 24 hours you spent a TON of money and the Canadian government has ruined everything? What load of troll crap.
Sep 13, 2019, 05:26 PM
FA3PR9WM79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garysnr
Just saying, but with only 2 posts in the past year, it couldn't have played a big part in your life, so no big loss in my mind.
That's actually 2 posts in less than 24 hours...
Sep 13, 2019, 05:44 PM
Well I guess he just needed to vent, since he didn't elaborate. Sorry he's unhappy. I enjoy mine a lot, and didn't spend a huge amount, and even then I had to spread it out over a period of time. Buy what you can afford, but I found it advantageous to wait until I could afford some good DJI stuff and feel like I made some good decisions. I currently have a P3S and a MA, and enjoy each immensely.

Well, I expect to hear some hate for mentioning DJI and being happy in the same post, but oh well.
Sep 13, 2019, 05:55 PM
Lots of people like their DJI stuff. I fly with a couple guys that have Mavik Pros and they love what they can do. I just don't like being forced to do what they demand like forced firmware updated and proprietary batteries. Very much like Apple which I avoid as much as possible.
Sep 13, 2019, 05:57 PM
Try to keep 18 hungry firearms well fed. The RC hobby is a relatively cheap hobby as long as you stay away from RC Helis lol. Gotta fly somewhere secretly/stealthy up there in Canada.
Sep 13, 2019, 06:00 PM
FA3PR9WM79
'Comeon guys.

I fly Pixhawks and use Taranis radios, but I'm not dissin' someone who is happy with DJI stuff. He flies RC and that's fine by me..
Sep 13, 2019, 06:27 PM
Registered Fanatic
I guess JBourne is miffed that Canada now requires all drones over 250grams to be registered, and we need to get a RPAS license?

Yeah I didn't like that either, but oh well. So I got my basic RPAS & registered my Mavic Air. Cost me $15.

Not happy about needing to do that, but no need to throw a tantrum & toss all you RC stuff away.
Sep 13, 2019, 08:18 PM
Miniquads are cheap compared to the Pattern planes and the fuel they burned when I was competing. And you can fly them a lot and they don't break very often. I still fly RC planes but only small electrics.
Sep 13, 2019, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatR
Shooting sports are another that are “disposable” income intensive.

Now combine the two, and that sounds like fun.

Quick Reply