Sep 19, 2019, 04:40 PM
Enlighten me please. What is FP?

Jay
to remove ads between posts
Sep 19, 2019, 07:34 PM
Forward Programming. One of the two big features of these two receivers.

Andy
Sep 19, 2019, 09:49 PM
This is your brain on heli's
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
as the Hobbywing ESC's provide X-Bus telemetry and the Smart ESC's don't.
when did this start? I emailed HW about this exact things a few months ago. They said they didn't have anything to connect telemetry to Spetrum xbus.
Sep 19, 2019, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaser42
Well this is very disappointing, I'd asked earlier and was told the ESC did report mAh, if the only way to get that is from battery telemetry I have no use for it. Many other ESCs out there which are telemetry compatible support that feature.
+1. Isn't mAh one of the most popular pieces of data people want from ESC telemetry? Basically it is the fuel gauge.
Sep 20, 2019, 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
No, the Smart ESC makes more sense. One wire, full ESC & battery telemetry.

Andy
As long the SMART ESC deliver no telemetry over X-BUS is the SMART telemetry useless at TM1000, AR6600T*-AR9xxxT*, AR20310T*. Your One Wire telemetry deliver in PWM mode no "full ESC & battery telemetry".

*As long as they don't get an update for SRXL2 over the throttle port.
Sep 20, 2019, 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodesengr
when did this start? I emailed HW about this exact things a few months ago. They said they didn't have anything to connect telemetry to Spetrum xbus.
JLog as example or Spektrum Telemetry reverse engineered, make DIY sensors !

There is no space under the ESC address for capacity, so you have to use the FP capacity.
Sep 20, 2019, 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaser42
Well this is very disappointing, I'd asked earlier and was told the ESC did report mAh, if the only way to get that is from battery telemetry I have no use for it. Many other ESCs out there which are telemetry compatible support that feature.
As already mentioned, under the ESC address there is no entry for the capacity available. In this case the FP capacity sensor address would have to be used additionally. With X-Bus you just have to program a multi sensor, with SRXL it is just an additional address you have to address. Really no rocket science.
Sep 20, 2019, 05:06 AM
Blue Skies
SRXL, X-Bus, FP, PWM - it may not be rocket science, but it's written in Greek as far as I'm concerned.
I'm sure over time it'll make sense but I'm fine taking it slow learning the basics.
Don
Sep 20, 2019, 09:09 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodesengr
JLog32 is the solution and has been for several years.
Sep 20, 2019, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
JLog32 is the solution and has been for several years.
Yes, I found out about that when I was digging into. I looked into it a little bit. The website was more than a little obtuse. Looked like a lot of work.

Fact is Hobbywing ESC's were not compatible with xbus directly when I asked them. Seemed like people here are saying that they are or will be or the usual nonspecific comment with no example or links.
Sep 20, 2019, 10:56 AM
Hobbywing ESCs need a JLog, which uses X-Bus.

Spektrum ESCs use SRXL2 for control and telemetry instead of X-Bus plus a standard servo port.

People are confusing the two, I think.

Andy
Sep 20, 2019, 11:29 AM
Quote:

Spektrum ESCs use SRXL2 for control and telemetry instead of X-Bus plus a standard servo port.

Andy
So what’s SRXL2?
Sep 20, 2019, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quietfly
So what’s SRXL2?
https://www.spektrumrc.com/srxl2/

Andy
Sep 20, 2019, 12:07 PM
Quote:

Andy
Hobbywing got into a conversation (I think) because a few posts back, I suggested that the new line of ESCs needs a 12S model so we can use the new RX/ESC's in 700-size helicopters. Then someone said that Horizon was buying HW. To which I replied, they will still have to redesign the ESC's to support SRXL2. HW has never directly supported Spektrum telemetry.
Sep 20, 2019, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Impressive.

Quick Reply