Sep 17, 2019, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelsheffield
Does this work with multiprotocol module via serial?
Anyone known this?

Quite honestly I wouldn't buy another tx unless multiprotocol was on the cards.
Bayangtoys protocol for silverware and frsky are my main uses.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 17, 2019, 02:51 AM
Sorry but looks cheaply made
Sep 17, 2019, 02:54 AM
Sorry, looks cheaply made to me. Depending on price I guess but still looks flimsy. I love the old FS-i6 TX and the range they would get and they could out perform a QX7 and X9D on 2.4ghz all day.
Sep 17, 2019, 05:33 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Quote:
Andy and Bruce get my vote.
+1 adding Bruce to the list for sure.
Sep 17, 2019, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyview4U
Sorry, looks cheaply made to me. Depending on price I guess but still looks flimsy. I love the old FS-i6 TX and the range they would get and they could out perform a QX7 and X9D on 2.4ghz all day.
I havent (yet) bought one but I probably will, I have had JR for 30 years, Futaba 5 years and 2x Frsky i6X for 1 year, really like the range, simplicity, low pricer, sensors etc.

There is no perfect Tx on the market but a couple of things got my attention of the PT18:

- screen where it should be, on top
- hall gimbals
- even longer range ( 10km as shown on youtube so 3x the range of i6x)
- rounded grips (like my Futaba SG14)
- easy reach switches
- touch screen
- 20 mixes linear
- haptic
- RSSI
- voice

I dont like the all black color but hey, do you look on the Tx or the plane when flying?
Sep 17, 2019, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Andy and Bruce get my vote.
Bruce,
isnt that the guy who hates everything but Frsky? Mr motormouth?
Sep 17, 2019, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritan
Bruce,
isnt that the guy who hates everything but Frsky? Mr motormouth?
He used to love frsky and was his rants etc that pursueded me over to frsky from spektrum.
He fell out with them over something or other ( think he gave a bad review on something and said 7 channels were not enough on the qx7 which actually has 16ch same as x9d and they never sent him anything again lol )
He apologized for his mistake on the 7 Ch thing but frsky aren't sending him anything now.
He is a straight talking bloke with no bull and is trying to do good for our hobby regarding rules and regulations etc.
If this tx is any good he will say so , if it's crap he will say so.
Sep 17, 2019, 09:39 AM
Quote:
He used to love frsky and was his rants etc that pursueded me over to frsky from spektrum.
He fell out with them over something or other ( think he gave a bad review on something and said 7 channels were not enough on the qx7 which actually has 16ch same as x9d and they never sent him anything again lol )
He apologized for his mistake on the 7 Ch thing but frsky aren't sending him anything now.
He is a straight talking bloke with no bull and is trying to do good for our hobby regarding rules and regulations etc.
If this tx is any good he will say so , if it's crap he will say so.
Anyway, if he give a review of the Pl18 I might check it, but his rant over Jumper T16 ....well how can I say this mildly and nice....he made a fool of himself.....
Sep 17, 2019, 12:48 PM
define("BEASTMODE", "1");
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritan
Anyway, if he give a review of the Pl18 I might check it, but his rant over Jumper T16 ....well how can I say this mildly and nice....he made a fool of himself.....
Yeah, I forgot about him and the T16... lol A bit of user error on his part I think. I have the T16 Pro as of a couple weeks ago and like it a lot so far. I really hope OpenTX will loosen up a bit and offer support for it, but there's FrSky money and jobs clouding things up so who knows... I don't want to side track this thread though... lol It's nice to see a seemingly well thought out and intuitive user interface on this Paladin. I'm not too familiar with their previous radios other than an old 6ch I had a long time ago, and a nice 3ch surface radio. My airplane exploits have been with Futaba and FrSky for the most part.
Sep 17, 2019, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonafidepirate
Yeah, I forgot about him and the T16... lol A bit of user error on his part I think. I have the T16 Pro as of a couple weeks ago and like it a lot so far. I really hope OpenTX will loosen up a bit and offer support for it, but there's FrSky money and jobs clouding things up so who knows... I don't want to side track this thread though... lol It's nice to see a seemingly well thought out and intuitive user interface on this Paladin. I'm not too familiar with their previous radios other than an old 6ch I had a long time ago, and a nice 3ch surface radio. My airplane exploits have been with Futaba and FrSky for the most part.
I recommended you as I have seen many of your very instructional videos, that and because of your knowledge of other radio system where you can compare that with the Frsky Pl18 would be very interesting to see in a review!

I chose not to buy the T16 as I consider myself being too old now to learn a new complicated radio system (opentx...) so thats why I am interested in the PL18 instead.
Sep 17, 2019, 07:30 PM
Please make an air version of the FGr4, it already has the second antenna connector. All it needs is the second antenna and sbus output and it'd be a perfect receiver for 500-800 size helicopters medium size stabilized planes and even some 4 channel planes (don't limit the sbus channels to the number of physical ports it'd need at least 8 sbus channels to be useful). A small receiver with a large number of sbus channels as well as a few physical PWM channels is also very useful in scale projects.
Sep 17, 2019, 09:55 PM
What's up guys so here's some info. First for the comment saying it's cheaply made, guess again. This thing screams quality in your hands. Looks can be deceiving.
For the multiprotocol question technically yes it will be after firmware updates. I don't believe this is possible with the current public avaliable FW. But there should be a new update this week for some module communication.

This radio is amazing guys and it will only get better with firmware Updates unlocking more potential of the hardware. Also I'm holding a PL18 in my hands so any questions feel free to ask.
Sep 18, 2019, 01:16 AM
Could we get some pictures of the inside of the radio? I'm especially interested in the gimbals and how the wiring harness has been anchored to the moving part of the stick. I hope they have not just left the wires hanging off the solder joints.
Sep 18, 2019, 02:12 AM
"Furadi"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayouu
What's up guys so here's some info. First for the comment saying it's cheaply made, guess again. This thing screams quality in your hands. Looks can be deceiving.
For the multiprotocol question technically yes it will be after firmware updates. I don't believe this is possible with the current public avaliable FW. But there should be a new update this week for some module communication.

This radio is amazing guys and it will only get better with firmware Updates unlocking more potential of the hardware. Also I'm holding a PL18 in my hands so any questions feel free to ask.
Does the throttle have an adjustable detent? (Like can we make it ratchet)
Sep 18, 2019, 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayouu

Do you know if there will be a 4 & 6 channel Rx also?
Pictures?
Size?
Price?

Quick Reply