This thread is privately moderated by Eddie P, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 11, 2019, 04:09 PM
Trader Rating: 7
Official Boat Bum
Thread OP
$975.00 USD
Buyer pays shipping
For Sale

Giant Spitfire H9 30CC high quality components, turn key

Hello everyone, I am selling my H9 Spitfire 30cc giant scale aircraft "turn key" minus receiver/ gyro/ sound cards. She is in Great Shape. I am so busy I have not flown her this season and that means I am downsizing a bit to just keep what I am flying for now. It will be a light flying season this year, maybe next too. I love this plane but she should fly.

I'm in Reno, NV near Sacramento. I travel to the SF Bay Area a lot though so it may open up opportunities for meeting me within reasonable driving distance. NorCal/ Nevada (or further is buyer meets me within my reasonable travel radius). $975. This is a small fraction of the build price because there are a lot of scale and functional upgrades. She flies beautifully. She flies best and like a kitten from grass, petromat or dirt due to Spitfire gear. Ok from pavement but more work. Please see my posts in this thread for my pictures.

Details here***
I'm using a new Hacker A-60-14L motor with the Hacker proprietary Hacker engine mount system attached to the firewall. Using a new (when built) Castle Creations CC160f ESC. Bullet proof and huge ESC with the mounted fan blowing across the heat sink for flying on hot days. This is a 12s model. I created the wire harness to support two 6s packs in series. You just plug them in. The adapters are EC-5's that I use on all my packs. I use 5000 to 5300mah packs. You could theoretically fit larger packs in there but I set a 9 minute timer with these and I land with plenty of reserve (about 30 percent left or more) so it's better to fly lighter and not go too big on the packs. Packs that work well are the basic Admiral 5000mah packs or RC Juice 5300's, 30C-40C is fine. Use packs you would use on other models though. I use a Castle Creations BEC battery eliminator so just plug in your flight packs and fly. The flight packs also power the sound system. I was using two systems to power two different sound areas. I did not power all from one as it would have been too hard for one sound card. I have a large speaker in the cowl (can't see it unless you remove cowl, the speaker mesh is extremely had to see on the ramp as it's on the underside of the cowl and you cant see it in flight at all). The second area features 2 transducers that are surface mounted in the wing and vibrate the wing to create a speaker out of the wing itself. The transducers are good for mid tone sounds and the speaker is better for bass. Just one of these types will make it sound great. All of them make it sound just a bit better "for a perfectionist". But really, one is good. The model does not need the sound but boy does it make this model a head turner and the start up and taxi ops are almost as fun as the flight. ***I'm taking the soujd cards and gyro out for this price*** A lot of guys are not such perfectionists or don't fly in contests and wont want to buy a fully speced out model for the $$. But if you wanted these, we could keep them in for the extra cost. The cowl has all sorts of things in it like scale exhausts (huge upgrade) and the hidden speaker mesh below (all custom work for scale).

What you get in this model is essentially pennies on the dollar for what it costs. The electronics, wiring, etc is the highest cost of the model of course by far. These items can be used in this Spitfire, which is a great model no doubt. And you could pull all the electronics and place the same items in another H9 or ESM or Giant Scale model of your choice and you'd be 2/3's of the way there in cost already. When the parts of a giant scale project are added up (and it's a real deal build with quality components), the price goes north quickly and easy. Buying used like this gets you the same thing minus about a year of building at a fraction of the cost. And the next giant model you want, you have all the expensive electronic parts ready to go if you just want to hang the Spitfire up in a build shop for a while or in a museum (I had a local aviation museum ask for my Spitfire as a ceiling hangar piece next to a WWII section and I was ready to lend it for a while until I decided it should probably stay flying).

Main Spitfire thread is HERE
Post 1534 is my CG
Post 1536-37 is the explanation of my motor, ESC and other firewall forward items.
Post 1537 shows some cowl sound additions that are later replaced by posts 1585-1589.

Here are some videos of the sound system:

Sound demo:
(2 min 16 sec)

Walkaround:
Hangar 9 Spitfire Preflight Check (1 min 29 sec)

The sound system installation thread is HERE:
Post 411 shows the large cowl mod for the big speaker.

This is a head turning, quality scale aircraft with a custom historically accurate set of markings and nose art to represent the WWII RAF combined effort to defend during and after the Battle of Britain. A rare chance to buy an award winner every day flyer, turn key, on the cheap.

Shoot me an email or PM. Tally Ho!

Eddie
Last edited by Eddie P; Sep 11, 2019 at 04:15 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 11, 2019, 06:03 PM
Trader Rating: 4
Nice! This is a fantastic deal! Wish I could do it
Sep 15, 2019, 01:09 PM
Trader Rating: 0
Canceled
Last edited by muscles68; Sep 15, 2019 at 08:01 PM.
Sep 15, 2019, 01:35 PM

Spitfire

Canceled
Last edited by muscles68; Sep 15, 2019 at 08:01 PM.
Sep 15, 2019, 08:00 PM
Never mind. Cancel that. Ya waited to long. I bought another plane��

Quick Reply