This thread is privately moderated by mdavies, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 11, 2019, 11:24 AM
Trader Rating: 48
Michael
Thread OP
$195.00 USD
Seller Pays Shipping
Sold

Solent Sailplanes RIDGE-ROVER 151 wingspan

*** I have had great success using a sanding board with #100 to remove the old contact cement, and it works. It removes the previous material without changing the shape of the airfoil...

***Price reduced and includes shipping

Have had this kit for close to 35 years, I had started it and never got back to it, so its old, but would be an excellent rebuild. The original sheeting was put on with contact cement, so the cores could be cleaned up, or *Eureka Models can recut all the foal cores: 4 wing panels, 1 stab, and 2 stab pieces.

-includes the original and the building phamphet
-fiberglass fuse in in great condition and has the blue canopy cover and other
- full flying stab set up and hardware are glued in place
-the hardware box is good, and most of the required parts are inside the box
-all the foam cores were sheeted, but I recently removed the skins due to age, see pics
-I am removed most of the LE and TE edge pieces,, a few swipes of sandpaper and they will be new again
-the hardware is 90% complete
-the plans are old but also very usable
-the plane is missing the ailerons.

Overall, this sailplane is exceptional as few of them are available. With all the advances in rc technology, and a few modifications (flaps, ailerons, speed brakes), this would be a blast. Even it were rebuild as a stock sailplane it rivals anything out there.

I will review any and all offers, I would even consider trades for other kits. Shipping is for the USA,,,

Thanks for looking
Last edited by mdavies; Sep 11, 2019 at 03:26 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply