Sep 10, 2019, 10:30 PM
Thread OP
New Product

Looking for reviewers // Racerstar & Airbot airF7 F722 FC

Hi,Can anyone review this product?
If you guys have any review experience, feel free to leave your own channel in the comments section.

https://www.banggood.com/Racerstar-A...p-1547585.html
Last edited by BG-Wilson; Sep 11, 2019 at 12:53 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 11, 2019, 12:53 AM
Itīs a good toy. I like the extra features it has specially for the fpv area.
Sep 11, 2019, 02:01 AM
Interesting! Airbot is very reputable brand. I really like this cooperation.
I assume • 9V 3A BEC and • BT module will be available for purchase separately as add-ons and not included in the package? Or will it be an option to purchase with BT in the future?
What ICM gyro is used? There are none pictured in the photos.
Can BT module be powered off when quad is armed?

I would like to put my hands on this FC. Ready to for review.
Sep 11, 2019, 02:47 AM
FPV addict
Interested in reviewing it. I did many racerstar products reviews, you can search for "racerstar" in my reviews bank:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...y-Reviews-Bank
Sep 13, 2019, 08:42 AM
In the photo I see a barometer that is not in the description

As a result of the cooperation of the brands, an interesting flight controller was obtained.
Universal controller for FPV racing or long range flights with the ability to install a Crossfire receiver and BT module

I can help if you need a review. You can find examples of reviews on the my blog.
Last edited by alex_nikiforov; Sep 14, 2019 at 09:27 AM.
Sep 18, 2019, 08:00 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Interested.

When someone creates a servo adapter board so that servos can be easily connected to the motor outputs you will sell a LOT more flight controllers to the plane community.
The biggest pita is.... as board size has been reduced and motor signal output is reduced to a socket anyone wishing to use a FC in a plane has to choose carefully or learn to solder ( and mod their sometimes expensive servos to solder direct )

I have done many of these modifications on everything from Eachine Brushed quadcopter boards ( converted to 3 servo + brushless motor) to Diatone and PikoBLX+OSD 20x20mm boards so i will be happy to review this and convert it for use in a plane.
Sep 29, 2019, 05:58 PM
Received and mounted mine on my test quad.
Let's make a first list of pros and cons
PROS
- a lot of UART
- Double BEC
- the possibility to activate and deactivate the BEC for video transmitter is very cool feature. So you can power of your video transmitter when you need to power on the quad!

CONS
- lack of documentation. I guessed that mode user1 is used to activate the BEC. But I don't know how to use other modes for example.
- I don't have the connector diagram. So I don't know how to use the JST cable

Anyway in a couple of hours I replaced my old FC on my test quad and I made some test flight.
With stock PID my quad flyes well! Now I need only some little tuning.

I will post my video very soon.
Sep 30, 2019, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelo.p
Received and mounted mine on my test quad.
Is there a barometer on board?
Sep 30, 2019, 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_nikiforov
Is there a barometer on board?
Yes

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 5 utilizzando Tapatalk
Sep 30, 2019, 06:03 PM
My test video.
Racerstar & Airbot airF7 Flight Controller - Recensione e test (13 min 23 sec)
Oct 09, 2019, 07:18 AM
I recently bought 4x RacerStar 2514..
I can review the F7 FC together with motors...
Oct 11, 2019, 10:49 AM
Oh wow that is great speck! I'm an abbot fan, have had like 5 ESC 4-in-1 esc from them and a few FC. But this is so much better than F7 from Airbot on paper!
- true 3 amp is Very good for those who use vTX. like 600mw or more and split cam! makes it clean to set up
- and Baro is a must in my opinion, takes almost no space any way

BUT, ICM gyro?? BF already proved that higher rate give no advantage. 8/8k and dshot 600 is highest you can get now, and no reason to go higher. wish it was MPU6000
Last edited by yoodog; Oct 11, 2019 at 10:58 AM.
Oct 21, 2019, 02:06 AM
Has anyone heared of or knows more about: "Airbot Configuration assistant supported, easier to config the functions for the FC".
Google returns zero info except the Racerstar AirF7 product page. This is mentioned in the description.

Quick Reply