Sep 17, 2019, 01:18 AM
B for Bruce
I know the tip launched RC gliders that use polyhedral are not super common at present. But there was a fair number of them back when side arm launching first appeared. Lots of pictures of "javelin" straight throw gliders with wings converted for tip launching back in the late 90's and early in the new millennium in the magazines of the day.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 17, 2019, 07:37 AM
You can still buy the Elf, a rudder elevator dlg that flies pretty well. I wonder if there's a way to get a good transition without any extra input from me. I had a rudder elevator dlg some years ago as well, but I wore it out. There are some balsa kit, 2 channel dlgs out there as well.

(Auto fail keeps trying to change dlg to dog.)
Sep 17, 2019, 09:16 PM
My Quads Better Than Your Quad
Thread OP
Flying an Elf is like taking candy from a baby...Getting your free flight to fly like Lee Hines, Well Shoot. I'm Kill'in myself.
RCG doesn't allow the right words...
Sep 17, 2019, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by racedouge1
Flying an Elf is like taking candy from a baby...Getting your free flight to fly like Lee Hines, Well Shoot. I'm Kill'in myself.
RCG doesn't allow the right words...
There are guys flying FF in Denver. VERY good glider guiders.
Sep 17, 2019, 11:05 PM
My Quads Better Than Your Quad
Thread OP
Like, Deloach, Covington and a junior that's no longer a junior...Yeah they out fly me too.

Quick Reply