Sep 12, 2019, 10:32 AM
I also came back to flying mostly sailplanes after a decade+ absence. I bought a Taranis. The learning curve was steep, but the manuals sold by Aloft Hobbies are very good and got me going and comfortable with OpenTX. I love the glider specific RXs and the ability to set up your radio just like you want it.
Gary
to remove ads between posts
Sep 12, 2019, 11:24 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Just to be clear, FrSky makes FASST-compatible receivers as well as the very popular Taranis and Horus radios that use their own ACCST and ACCESS systems.

FlySKy is a different company that makes low-end transmitters.

There is no such brand as FrySky
Sep 12, 2019, 11:42 AM
Just to be clear, FrSky makes FASST-compatible receivers as well as the very popular Taranis and Horus radios that use their own ACCST and ACCESS systems.

FlySKy is a different company that makes low-end transmitters.

There is no such brand as FrySky

----------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the correction, I did not notice the typo while quoting
Last edited by joao; Sep 12, 2019 at 11:47 AM.
Sep 12, 2019, 07:22 PM
I would definitely call the repair center about your radio. I'm sure they can point you in the right direction if they can't work on it.
Sep 13, 2019, 08:15 PM
Thread OP
Thanks to everyone for your input.

They suggested Radio South because they said that all the parts that Hobbico had for the older radios somehow disappeared as part of the bankruptcy. Futaba doesn't know where they ended up. I was able to get some insight to my problem from Skyler who was very nice. Will be shipping it to Tony next week. I will likely switch over to a 14Sg as they are still being sold new and support will be there for a while. And they are a good deal on the used market.

Clay
Sep 14, 2019, 01:51 PM
I think you will be well served by the SG14. Just want to stress that with the FRSky FASST compatible receivers (or any FASST receiver) telemetry is not available.
With the SG14 you will need FASSTest receivers (pretty expensive) to have telemetry.

Joao
Sep 14, 2019, 03:44 PM
Brett
Quote:
Originally Posted by joao
I think you will be well served by the SG14. Just want to stress that with the FRSky FASST compatible receivers (or any FASST receiver) telemetry is not available.
With the SG14 you will need FASSTest receivers (pretty expensive) to have telemetry.

Joao
I love my 14SG, but this is the one downside. Even to have simple telemetry, like receiver voltage, you have to buy a $100+ Futaba brand FASSTest receiver.
Sep 17, 2019, 10:19 PM
I flew Futaba exclusively for many years..my latest 16sz seems to have range issues tho... ive ranged out my mouldie several times...yes its carbon, yes ive tried many different antenna orientations and several receivers, even different protocols...(fasstest fasst) same issue at Id say about the same distance...pretty far but certainly nowhere near what i would consider even close to out of range...maybe our field isnt Futaba friendly and ive gotten many of responses to the tune of mine works flawlessly for futher than i care to fly but also some that say they've had same/similar problems...im not bashing Futaba. I wish i could trust mine, i just dont...well, i still use it for f3f and general slope flying, even my dlg...just have trust issues chasing thermals too far down wind now...even cost me a few rounds....trying Graupner at the moment..seems to be ok so far, tho not very sailplane intuitive, programming was kind of wacky to get desired results thru all phases

Quick Reply