Sep 15, 2019, 07:30 PM
Latitudes vs Attitudes
Rich, The pessimist in me says just because he ordered the speed control from that link doesn't mean that they shipped him the correct one..that's why I asked him if the SKU# was still on the unit.
Latest blog entry: Mark V Navy Seal SOC
to remove ads between posts
Sep 16, 2019, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gaito
Rich, The pessimist in me says just because he ordered the speed control from that link doesn't mean that they shipped him the correct one..that's why I asked him if the SKU# was still on the unit.
The link also says that the ESC is capable of 320A. Personally, I can't quite bring myself to believe that claim. Following that disbelief, I would have doubts about the accuracy of everything else in the spec, including it being with or without braking. What price experience? In this case, $21.95 plus postage.
Sep 16, 2019, 12:39 PM
Then I guess the general consensus is that there is nothing wrong with the speed control but that they sent him the wrong speed control. In any case there is nothing any of us can do to help any more with this problem in this thread.
Sep 16, 2019, 04:54 PM
Latitudes vs Attitudes
DVH-please what is the number under the barcode either on the ESC or on the Packaging-(not from the website)
Latest blog entry: Mark V Navy Seal SOC
Sep 16, 2019, 10:33 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfr02
The link also says that the ESC is capable of 320A. Personally, I can't quite bring myself to believe that claim. Following that disbelief, I would have doubts about the accuracy of everything else in the spec, including it being with or without braking. What price experience? In this case, $21.95 plus postage.

That's momentary peak power handling, not continuous current maximum. The latter is more like 25A-30A.

Not much different from cheap stereo amps that use peak specs to claim say 1000 watts per channel, but truly only deliver 10 clean, listenable ones at best.

For simple brushed motor use, they do OK. Just don't expect them to do any real work.

Quick Reply