Mar 21, 2002, 09:18 PM
Landing on Rocks
Thread OP

blade balancing

I've been slowing working towards my eco's maiden flight. my current project is to balance the stock wooden blades. After checking them I noted that the CG of each blade is pretty close aprox 1/8 from each other. However, statically the blades are way out. my questions are;

Whats the best way to add weight to the light blade? Tape...
I should load the light blade at the CG Right?

How much tape is too much, what kind shhould be used, and how do I apply any weight without adversely impacting the way the blade should behave. ie distorting the airfoil

Thanks
Keone
to remove ads between posts
Mar 21, 2002, 09:38 PM

Re: blade balancing

Quote:
Originally posted by Keone
Whats the best way to add weight to the light blade? Tape...
I should load the light blade at the CG Right?

How much tape is too much, what kind shhould be used, and how do I apply any weight without adversely impacting the way the blade should behave. ie distorting the airfoil
If the amount of tape isn't visually offensive it'll be OK . I had a set of Voyager blades that required quite a lump of tape on the spanwise CG and they flew fine. I had one set of Eco blades which didn't require nearly as much but the blades were useless - they weren't straight and required very different rod lengths to track - like 12 or more turns on the link difference. Another set of Eco woodies were almost perfect out of the package. So don't draw any conclusions until you fly them but if you balance them well and just can't get things to run smoothly it might be bad blades, wood is inconsistent and it happens sometimes.

Quick Reply