Sep 08, 2019, 05:59 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Time To Beak Out Our Whoops Soon Do You Expect Anything New For This Winter?

For me there is not much more than the good old UR65 for flying indoors as i am about to do now,smart audio is nothing if you are flying by yourself so what else can they bring to the table that is new apart from longer flight times with better motors camera,connectors?

Fire away with your opinions!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 08, 2019, 07:00 PM
We are not men, we are DEVO 7e
Id like to see 1s tricopter.
Sep 08, 2019, 07:09 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
Id like to see 1s tricopter.
A 1s tricopter whoop?
Sep 08, 2019, 07:15 PM
Registered Fanatic
I was quite satisfied flying my (original) Emax Tinyhawk all of last winter. This winter I will continue thrashing that rugged little drone, and think up reasons to buy the Tinyhawk 2 2S successor.
Sep 08, 2019, 07:24 PM
monkeymagic
Winter? Lambs, blossoms and daffodils here means summer is near. I'm in the minority though.

I thought as a genuine indoor that the tinyhawk was one of the better options. Nice to have gaurds rather than ducts that didn't donk with performance quite so much.

Wonder if we'll see the further decline of brushed as the small brushless motors become more robust?
Sep 08, 2019, 07:31 PM
I don't know about whoop season this year. Not a lot of development in the area right now and as far as specs the hardware for em is pretty mature so what could really change on em.
Sep 08, 2019, 07:42 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
A 1s tricopter would be very cool!
Sep 09, 2019, 12:12 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
I think I will stick to the Mobula 7, give it some fresh batteries, as at the moment that's probably all my current budget can support, and just fly it.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Sep 09, 2019, 01:37 AM
If it flies, I can crash it.
This?

Name: 2019-02-03 23.01.30.jpg
Views: 26
Size: 1.35 MB
Description:

Nah. Too soon. We still have a couple of months of outdoor excitement. Even though it'll be getting cooler. Remember, radio doesn't care about glass (unless you've one of those "insta-clear" windshields) so if you want, you can fly FPV while sitting inside your nice warm car.
Sep 09, 2019, 06:49 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadifyRC.com
Wonder if we'll see the further decline of brushed as the small brushless motors become more robust?

Once they get rid of there stockpile of brusehed motors then we will see very little or none brushed quads.

@Solo mobula 7.....you must have a big house?
Sep 09, 2019, 11:46 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch
Once they get rid of there stockpile of brusehed motors then we will see very little or none brushed quads.

@Solo mobula 7.....you must have a big house?

No, just have throttle limit for indoor, on a switch, so outdoor I can disable it. I just focus on precision flying, slow circuits under the dinner table, circle around the ceiling lamp, fly upstairs, and down again.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Sep 09, 2019, 01:40 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
No, just have throttle limit for indoor, on a switch, so outdoor I can disable it. I just focus on precision flying, slow circuits under the dinner table, circle around the ceiling lamp, fly upstairs, and down again.

I just bullet around the house with the UR65
Sep 09, 2019, 08:09 PM
Just an earth-bound misfit
My Mobula got wet, and I put it in the dryer . . . shouldn't have put it on high . . . it shrunk . . . ₿ↄ}

My go to inside FPV Whoop is still my original B03 with their cam/canopy, and put a set of their "hot" motors in it. I've played with my Mobula and the 75/703 inside too, but that 65 size is just so much better for sneaking between, under and through things. Surprisingly, my 85 Whoops do quite well cruising around inside too . . . cruising . . . but I do have to watch what I try to squeeze through with them

I got a 65 BWhoop frame, put on those awesome HM 802/16kvs on it with a Crazybee, and tried it with one of my AKK AIOs, but kept bending the antenna when I crashed. I switched to a cheapie KK camera and a vTx03 with the antenna out the back. I can easily get 5 minute flights on 300mAh HV batteries on 1 or doubled up on 2S, which I definitely don't need for inside. Video reception inside my house sucks pond scum, and if I want to go downstairs through the basement, and make the long run to the bar at the far end, need that 200mW. On the B03, I start breaking up when I hang a left at the bottom of the steps with it's 25mW.

My Mobula will be 12 next month, and I was going to ask the same question. The little brushless motors, and especially the AIO boards have evolved quite a bit since my first red Crazybee, and a disappointing B06 brushless, and was also wondering what they could come up with for this season to match what the Mobula did for Winter Whoopin last year . . . That's going to be really tuff to beat . . .
Sep 10, 2019, 09:49 AM
Prefectionist
I'm sort of holding my breath for the NewBeeDrone brushless.
I bought the BeeBrainLight last year and put mockingbird on it.
I'm actually "happy" with brushed motors as their power to weight is still hard to beat at this size. I just wish NBD would implement turtlemode on them, like tinywhoop and horizon have been able to do.
Sep 10, 2019, 01:27 PM
Just an earth-bound misfit
NewBee might have very good quality products, and be a big part of the Whoopin World, but I've always thought they were ridiculously high priced, even out pricing Rakonheli, and their stuff is priced stupid high . . .

NewBee wants as much if not more for their little brushed Whoop as most of the brushless 1-2S Whoops that are out now. I put together (and still can) a 65mm with a Beecore/Silverware board, Boldclash "Hot" motors, VTX03 and a KK camera and don't see how a NB, or any brushed 65, could possibly fly $60 to $70 better than that does.

It does come down to what you like personally, and I hope you have a ton of fun Whoopin around this winter with yours, that's the only thing that really counts . . . but . . . I'd never pay those kind of prices for a little brushed Whoop . . .

Quick Reply